IGNORED

Oh Boy!!! Getting ready to watch the Duggars have Breakfast!

Justme

Maybe it would be more interesting if the Duggars made us breakfast and brought to our house then We could eat it and that would interest us.lol

Knowing their standards of cleanliness I don't think I would ever eat anything they made.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would love to see a special on the Today show (or even an episode) where MICHELLE cooks breakfast for everyone, then cleans the house and does some laundry, while watching the little ones, and while all the JSlaves were out getting mani-pedis.

This, but I wanna see Jim Bob and Josh each do a third of the work. Jim Bob because it's also his damn job, and Josh because he's sat on his ass while his sisters slave away all these years.

This, but I wanna see Jim Bob and Josh each do a third of the work. Jim Bob because it's also his damn job, and Josh because he's sat on his ass while his sisters slave away all these years.

I've wondered for a while how much resentment the j'slaves have towards the older boys but specifically Josh. Even in their world, I imagine there are times when they resent the boys.

Guest Anonymous

Ummmmm, didn't Josh help build their huge 6000 sq. ft. house for years before TLC took over? Maybe you are just being snarky?

Ummmmm, didn't Josh help build their huge 6000 sq. ft. house for years before TLC took over? Maybe you are just being snarky?

Umm, the girls helped build the house, too. Boob mentioned how every kid got theor own drill... PLUS thos girls raised babies, changed and fed them, did laundry, cleaned and cooked. what did Smugs do? Sit around?

Umm, the girls helped build the house, too. Boob mentioned how every kid got theor own drill... PLUS thos girls raised babies, changed and fed them, did laundry, cleaned and cooked. what did Smugs do? Sit around?

Smugs sat around and took pictures on his I-phone silly! ;)

Of course, how could I have forgotten? The girls have had their turn to sit around and do nothing - oh wait, they were slaving away in the kitchen and child-rearing for all those years, too. If working on a house for 6 years earned him 2 years of being waited on, where's the older girls' vacation? Even if you only start counting when they started building the house, they've been doing unremunerated work for twice as many years as Josh did.

Guest Anonymous

Did you see where Michelle said Jer and Jed were heads of a sibling team and not the older girls? That was interesting. ;)

Of course, how could I have forgotten? The girls have had their turn to sit around and do nothing - oh wait, they were slaving away in the kitchen and child-rearing for all those years, too. If working on a house for 6 years earned him 2 years of being waited on, where's the older girls' vacation? Even if you only start counting when they started building the house, they've been doing unremunerated work for twice as many years as Josh did.

I also remember seeing the girls work on building the TTH, in addition to being house slaves.

ETA clarity and a riffle

If the Duggars use 7 gallons of milk a week, that comes out to 6.4 ozs per person. Hell, I use more than that in my coffee.

If the Duggars use 7 gallons of milk a week, that comes out to 6.4 ozs per person. Hell, I use more than that in my coffee.

That makes me think about how they love to mention they pride on taking care of their teeth, yet that average milk per person doesn't equate to much calcium. When me and my sister lived at home, there were 4 of us and my mother would easily buy at least 8 pints a week and we would get through that easily and often would need to buy some more on top of the weekly shop.

When all my kids were home, I bought milk 2 gallons at a time (all that fit in the fridge) about 3-4 times a week. It was a running joke...anybody who went out brought home at least a gallon of milk and a loaf of bread anytime they went out.

That makes me think about how they love to mention they pride on taking care of their teeth, yet that average milk per person doesn't equate to much calcium. When me and my sister lived at home, there were 4 of us and my mother would easily buy at least 8 pints a week and we would get through that easily and often would need to buy some more on top of the weekly shop.

I would point out that there are lots of good, non-dairy sources of calcium....but the Duggars aren't exactly big veggie eaters :roll:

I would point out that there are lots of good, non-dairy sources of calcium....but the Duggars aren't exactly big veggie eaters :roll:

Dairy is actually a pretty poor source of calcium for humans. There's a lot of calcium in cow's milk, but it's not very bioavailable to us. It seems to mostly just form a thin veneer over the bones rather than being effectively used by our body. It's good for baby cows, though!

Ooh yeah, Smugs was SUCH help when building the house... Just like he helped when building the Bates' addition.

Rewatch it. See how many times you see Smugs doing actual work. I dare you. ;)

I buy 4.5 gallons of organic milk at a time (3 boxes of the Horizon half-gallons), but that's just for my 18 yo son.

Dairy is actually a pretty poor source of calcium for humans. There's a lot of calcium in cow's milk, but it's not very bioavailable to us. It seems to mostly just form a thin veneer over the bones rather than being effectively used by our body. It's good for baby cows, though!

Thank you. I was hesitant to bring this up. A few studies have shown that women with the highest consumption of dairy had lower bone densities. My doctor has told me to take calcium supplements to a prescribed level and anything I get from dairy is just extra.

I'm aware dairy isn't the greatest source of calcium, my point is that the Duggar diet just generally doesn't provide a healthy balance and support to those growing children from what I know of. Breakfast is an important meal and I hope the kids get the chance to understand the importance of nutrition as they get older, and enjoy a healthy meal away from the cameras!

The Duggars claim of 7 gallons of milk sounds off. I agree with others who mentioned it in this thread, they really don't have a good balanced diet.

Thank you. I was hesitant to bring this up. A few studies have shown that women with the highest consumption of dairy had lower bone densities. My doctor has told me to take calcium supplements to a prescribed level and anything I get from dairy is just extra.

Oh, don't worry about it. I will ALWAYS bring it up. I have a deep and personal gripe with how the dairy industry has been so successful at advertising itself as the only way to make strong bones. I don't mind them trying to sell their product, but I do mind that they've somehow convinced half the country and more that their ads are put out by the government. (No. Those Got Milk ads are produced by dairy farmers, for dairy farmers. Of course they say you should drink milk! They SELL milk!)

I'm aware dairy isn't the greatest source of calcium, my point is that the Duggar diet just generally doesn't provide a healthy balance and support to those growing children from what I know of. Breakfast is an important meal and I hope the kids get the chance to understand the importance of nutrition as they get older, and enjoy a healthy meal away from the cameras!

Oh, absolutely!

Guest Anonymous

Jackson says green beans are yucky!!!

l.jpg

Archived