IGNORED

Oh Boy!!! Getting ready to watch the Duggars have Breakfast!

Justme

I love people who hate a show so much but can't stop watching and commenting on it. :whistle:

It's kinda like that last scene in Clerks II. You're shocked and appalled but just can't look away.

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I love people who hate a show so much but can't stop watching and commenting on it. :whistle:

Well, it's a snark board so it's a "love to hate it" kind of thing. Spending time here snarking is entertainment for me the same way spending time here trolling and baiting people is entertainment for you. We're not all that different if you think about it.

What is worse snarking about a snark-worthy TV show or snarking about people snarking about a TV show? I'll vote for the latter.

I think I'll go for a nice pale lavender on the toes. Maybe just a touch of glitter.

That reminds me that I actually need to touch up my toes. They've been glitter purple for months, any suggestions for new colors?

I am lucky, my nails are a natural french look, nice pink nail beds and very white nail tips.

Doing dishes-I think they use paper plate most of the time.

I didn't think the boys were expected to do kitchen tasks as that is women's work.

If they spend 3000$ a month on food, that's about 1.60$ per person. THAT IS ABSURD. What are they feeding them on that kind of budget???

Digger, I don't know what's wrong with you. I don't know if you have split personalities which you need help and proper medicine and doctor's care or if you are just one of the biggest assholes on the net. Either way, you come here and shit all over the rug and then try to rub our noses in it and act like we are the ones who have bowel issues. You need serious help and you won't find it here. I suggest that you get off of here and stay off and find yourself a very good doctor who can help you. I'm not at all being snarky about you needing mental health help. You have some serious issues and you really need help.

Please Digger, you're not mentally well and the internet is your worst enemy besides yourself right now. Get help.

My toes now are a light turquoise which is going to be especially pretty in the summer. With my job, I can't really wear nail polish on my fingernails, so I tend to use the brighter colors on my toes.

If they spend 3000$ a month on food, that's about 1.60$ per person. THAT IS ABSURD. What are they feeding them on that kind of budget???

$3000 month/30 days = $100 day/20 persons (just for simplicity's sake ignoring grandma and assuming Smuggar eats at his own house out) = $5.00 per person, per day

WOW. I can barely feed my 17 year old for $5/meal sometimes, let alone $5 a day. I really hope that figure is off, the little ones need milk, fruits & veggies, lean protein (which I realize they get very little of) and teenagers, especially boys, eat A LOT. They aren't poor anymore, they don't need to live on a shoestring budget anymore, they shouldn't be skimping on food.

I figured $5 per person per day isn't too crazy considering the size of the family and the "quality" of their food. It's not like they make different things for different people, it's just giant pans of tater tot casseroles and chickenetti for dinner with oatmeal for breakfast and ramen (and pickles!) for lunch. All of those things are super cheap in bulk and I'm sure they ration the hell out of it.

Digger, I don't know what's wrong with you. I don't know if you have split personalities which you need help and proper medicine and doctor's care or if you are just one of the biggest assholes on the net.

:lol: So true. You are the most bipolar troll I have ever seen, digger.

$3000 month/30 days = $100 day/20 persons (just for simplicity's sake ignoring grandma and assuming Smuggar eats at his own house out) = $5.00 per person, per day

Just to clarify, I meant about 1.60 per person per meal. Just in case you thought I couldn't do math... :D

Just to clarify, I meant about 1.60 per person per meal. Just in case you thought I couldn't do math... :D

Ahhh, that makes sense. I was confused as hell, but all it took was a little more division to come to your answer. D'oh!

Made my poor brain convert this to pounds (about £1 per head per meal) and actually I don't think this is too bad. Most of my family's everyday meals probably don't cost much more than this. If you factor in breakfast being just cereal/toast, then you can allow a bit more for dinner. But that assumes cooking from scratch...

Made my poor brain convert this to pounds (about £1 per head per meal) and actually I don't think this is too bad. Most of my family's everyday meals probably don't cost much more than this. If you factor in breakfast being just cereal/toast, then you can allow a bit more for dinner. But that assumes cooking from scratch...

I think its much less than that when you figure in the cost of the disposable plates etc.

Weird I have seen then claim $5k in groceries before?

Even $100 a day they should be able to have a few quality meals. Even if I forgot about my "they should use coupon rants", what about a real meal once in awhile. I know casseroles are easy but how hard it is to cook a ham or turkey? Today I was able to get a nice ham for .69 lb because it was after easter. I don't claim to be the greatest cook but it is not that hard to put a ham in the oven, steam some vegies and (buy) or make some rolls. Same with a turkey. Even if they are lazy get 5-6 $4.99 costco chickens and put some vegies on the side. I'm not saying they should eat big meat meals every day but once a week it would be nice for them to get a real non processed food meal.

Maybe the $5000 was before Josh moved out? :lol:

Perhaps the $3000 a month doesn't include all the paper products or trips to Sam's Club?

My last alternative is that Michelle hasn't done the shopping since Josh turned 16 and got a license and hasn't a clue how much is spent on groceries.

What bothered me was it was so fake!

Although, if that was aired about a year ago I would have been eating it up!

Thank you for this forum!

TV isn't real. Reality shows aren't even real.

Brand new to the snark family, here! Greetings and salutations.

Anyway, I was wondering when TLC is going to do a crossover with Extreme Couponing and teach them to save even more.

Brand new to the snark family, here! Greetings and salutations.

Anyway, I was wondering when TLC is going to do a crossover with Extreme Couponing and teach them to save even more.

Welcome!

To answer your question: Never. They stopped buying used once the TLC and $$$ from speaking engagements (and the books; I recall a hefty 6 figure advance for the first one) came rolling in.

Archived