IGNORED

Arizona again- Pregnancy Two Weeks Prior to conception

plaidninja

Original article, which includes its edits within it:

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/article/2 ... e%20Reader

"Legislators have had so much success smuggling in ulterior motives with 20-week bans that they’re now looking for ways to expand the amount of hard right anti-choice nonsense they can attach to those bills. The most A recent---and extreme---example is Arizona. There, lawmakers are writing a 20-week abortion ban that, [like those in other states] starts counting off seeks to legislate pregnancy as beginning at the first day of a woman’s period."

Does that mean I could someday be prosecuted for getting wine with dinner? I mean, I might be presently/future-ly pregnant and trying to induce an abortion or something. No more wine for me. :violin:

Does that mean I could someday be prosecuted for getting wine with dinner? I mean, I might be presently/future-ly pregnant and trying to induce an abortion or something. No more wine for me. :violin:

Don't give them any ideas.

Don't give them any ideas.

First it's abortion, then it will be alcohol, horseback riding, carnival rides...

I wonder which has a tougher punishment by law in Arizona, getting an abortion or beating up your pregnant wife.

This is how all pregnancies are dated until a dating ultrasound is performed (and even then the number of weeks you are is about 2 weeks + number of weeks since conception). It's not unusual to count this way at all.

This is how all pregnancies are dated until a dating ultrasound is performed (and even then the number of weeks you are is about 2 weeks + number of weeks since conception). It's not unusual to count this way at all.

You're right. Doctors use the LMP for dating, and I don't object at all to a DOCTOR using it. After you've been confirmed already pregnant. I object to a politician using it to push an agenda, and I'm am concerned about the available interpretation-- ie, you always have the potential of being pregnant, because your LMP counts toward its theoretical age, and so you are treated as such legally.

It's bogus that it's any lawmaker's business where I am in my cycle. This really feels like the legislative equivalent of a stalker sniffing a girl's underwear *shudder*

Will a women be hauled off to jail for aborting an ectopic pregnancy or as discussed in the other thread, a child that is literally being crushed to death by the mother's uterus? If so, that's just messed up.

Congratulate me, guys! I'm about to be pregnant next week. Who wants to throw me a shower? I'm particularly fond of cheesecake- all sorts- and I can get to the store, quick like a bunny, and register for a bunch of gifts.

Yet another 'women are just vessels waiting to be filled' steaming pile.

It really wouldn't surprise me. They've already used laws like this in several states against mothers who had used drugs while pregnant, so extending it to drinking is not too far of a step. :(

If anything good can come of all the crazy anti-woman bills and rhetoric over the past few years, I think it is making some people who were on the fence or even moderately anti-choice realize how out there a lot of that crowd is and making them rethink their positions. 3-5 years ago, I would have described myself as pro-life, but seeing some of the craziness over the past few years has pushed me far from that position politically (especially while I was pregnant and reading reports of women confined to hospitals against their will and arrested for having miscarriages).

Congratulate me, guys! I'm about to be pregnant next week. Who wants to throw me a shower? I'm particularly fond of cheesecake- all sorts- and I can get to the store, quick like a bunny, and register for a bunch of gifts.

Can it be a joint party? I should be pregnant again soon. I mean sure I've not had sex in a very long time, but you know, I'm still expecting to start bleeding soon.

Can it be a joint party? I should be pregnant again soon. I mean sure I've not had sex in a very long time, but you know, I'm still expecting to start bleeding soon.

CanadianHippie, we women should be on the safe side and throw parties every month we're sexually active. (Unless you're a virgin from Nazareth, then it's every month ever.)

Archived