IGNORED

Easter Invite

formergothardite

Several of my Christian friends have posted this on FB to encourage people to invite others to church on Easter Sunday. Personally, I don't get how this video does that, but in the mocking how annoying Christians can be category, it does a good job IMO. Doesn't make me want to invite people to church on Sunday, though.

http://www.worshiphousemedia.com/mini-m ... ite-Bundle

Mocking for sure. That was some odd video ad if it was supposed to be for products to invite people to church. Maybe that's a sample of what not to do?

Mocking for sure. That was some odd video ad if it was supposed to be for products to invite people to church. Maybe that's a sample of what not to do?

I think it's supposed to be a sincere in encouraging people to invite others to go (the tagline at the end says "Be brave. Invite someone." but it's an example of the wrong way to go about it. Comment at the right of the video says "Even though the couple had the right motivation, they couldn't help but say all the wrong things and had no idea about what to do when someone accepted their invitation."

Had someone posting that on my FB too, along with "Easter was the most important day in history." I don't know, even from their perspective, the beginning should be important too...

I thought it was satire but given the site it's on I guess not. Very weird.

I thought it was satire but given the site it's on I guess not. Very weird.

It's definitely satire. Pretty alright satire, too.

I thought the "normal" Christian behind the door was semi attractive, but maybe that's just by comparison to the Krazy Kristian Kouple.

A few of the evangelical groups around here send out postcards for Christmas and Easter, basically advertising to get new people to attend their particular church. Does this happen in other parts of the country, too? The San Francisco area is a pretty laid-back place, so these mass-mailers are not something you see every day.

For people to individually invite strangers or acquaintances to attend church on Easter seems rude and intrusive, from my perspective. It's either making a huge assumption about what the people in question believe or is pressuring them to believe something different.

I think it's supposed to be a sincere in encouraging people to invite others to go (the tagline at the end says "Be brave. Invite someone." but it's an example of the wrong way to go about it. Comment at the right of the video says "Even though the couple had the right motivation, they couldn't help but say all the wrong things and had no idea about what to do when someone accepted their invitation."

Yup. I thought it was hilarious--made by Christians with a sense of humor! "The big red egg represents your sins!"

Am I the only one who's going to be stalking CVS to buy the Russell Stover bunnies 50% off?

A few of the evangelical groups around here send out postcards for Christmas and Easter, basically advertising to get new people to attend their particular church. Does this happen in other parts of the country, too? The San Francisco area is a pretty laid-back place, so these mass-mailers are not something you see every day.

For people to individually invite strangers or acquaintances to attend church on Easter seems rude and intrusive, from my perspective. It's either making a huge assumption about what the people in question believe or is pressuring them to believe something different.

They send post cards AND knock on doors here. They generally scatter when you say "I'm an atheist" though. :whistle:

Um...my church may be guilty of this We put a small ad in the paper stating that all are welcome, with a note that a champagne reception and Easter egg hunt will follow the Easter service. The kicker...the champagne reception conveniently happens DURING the Easter egg hunt. Yeah, we reel 'em in on Easter...

An ad in the paper isn't obnoxious to me. Three huge guys banging repeatedly on my front door surely was. Also the two couples standing on my porch for three minutes talking while they waited to see if I was "home" was also irritating. All of them stuffed their ads into the side of the storm door when I decided not to answer the door. I'll go where I please if I please and they can quit wasting their time and disturbing my peace and quiet.

Am I the only one who's going to be stalking CVS to buy the Russell Stover bunnies 50% off?

Hell no you are not alone! I'll be right there with you! I always buy small bunnies for the Easter day basket and then buy big ones the week after Easter when they are on sale. I'm cheap.

No, you aren't. I'll be the one trying to beat you to the store next Monday morning to get first pick! :lol:

Um...my church may be guilty of this We put a small ad in the paper stating that all are welcome, with a note that a champagne reception and Easter egg hunt will follow the Easter service. The kicker...the champagne reception conveniently happens DURING the Easter egg hunt. Yeah, we reel 'em in on Easter...

Hmm chocolate and booze. Does the church provide designated drivers too?I'd wear my top hat.

We got a post card invite. The weird thing is it was mailed from a city several hours away (this was the first thing the hubby noticed, too). Evidently a church there is sponsoring this newer church that we were invited to.

Our church does encourage inviting people who we think might be interested, but not knocking on strangers' doors or being pushy about it. I could see my pastor going for that video, actually. (and I found where our "countdown" video came from that is played before services, so thanks for the link)

As far as chocolate, y'all can have your bunnies, I'll still be out stalking Dove Truffle Eggs and trying to catch them on sale.

Around Easter a lot of the church officials(is that what the ushers and pastors are all called in a group) go around to parking lots and while you're loading your car ask you if they can return your cart for you then if you say yes they proceed to give you pamphlets about church and invite you to easter services. I fell for the trap once but never again!

How many of you have had JW's drop off a flier inviting you to their "church" on Easter. It basically asks you how you see Jesus and then says, if you come, we'll tell you how you see him....

And they jammed my gate shut, so I had to walk to the back of the house to get in the day they left that. I have TOLD them that they are not welcome and I will call the cops on them if they show up again, they still come.

We had strangers at our door at almost 9 pm. I asked my husband whether he invited them to our church (Unitarian), and he laughed like I was joking.

We had strangers at our door at almost 9 pm. I asked my husband whether he invited them to our church (Unitarian), and he laughed like I was joking.

We had a couple of Mormans knock on our door a few weeks ago around 8:30pm. I was trying to get the kids calmed down for bed, so I was pissed and told my husband to answer it in his underwear. He did, and they have not been back since. :D

We get plenty of JWs around here, and I often find their material by people's front doors. However, the only groups that seem to do the Easter mass-mailers are the evangelical churches.

I don't mind newspaper ads, and most of the churches near me have put up big banners advertising their "Holy Week" schedule, so that in itself doesn't seem too pushy. It's just when they send themselves or their material to people's homes specifically that I find it intrusive. I also don't like when they advertise "stealth" religious activities, like inviting children to an Easter egg hunt while making absolutely no mention of it being religious. The mainline Protestants and Catholics don't tend to do this, just the smaller, non-denominational churches.

Had someone posting that on my FB too, along with "Easter was the most important day in history."

Talk about religious myopia! You'd think they might choose an actual, verifiable event, not something that billions of people don't believe happened. I could just as easily claim that the day Athena sprang fully-formed from Zeus's forehead was the most important day in history. :roll:

Yes. I'll be haunting Target for 50% off Godiva bunnies. They make AMAZING chocolate fondue.

Archived