IGNORED

Anonymous Antagonist Musings

dairyfreelife

Apparently he sort of got the house to himself for a week and it was like, weird. He's 19, but writes being alone like a teenager. Guess he's never, ever had the house to himself for a night, ever. Kinda sad at 19.

When you are alone you can eat what you want if it's in the house, and the house is quieter and you can play music loud and feel independent and do whatever you want with your friends, but no party and you can stay up late.

The milk expired, but he couldn't go get more because...I'm not sure. He has job, but maybe not a car. Since his parents were in HI, they had to have flown so where were the cars? He had to make dinner every night. Which is just horrible for some reason. I do it every night. He actually had to think about dinner and was going crazy. He had to unlock the house himself and no one was there to greet him.

I think DJ is in for a rude awakening if he every has to live on his own.

wilsonftw.blogspot.com/2012/03/midnight-musings-29.html

Oh, he's trying to get 200 followers and he'll give stuff away. He'll blog twice a day for 10 days, which is like 20 posts in two weeks.

He's probably spent the last week wanking himself to oblivion.

He is very, very immature. Of course, he is besties with Miss Raquel so birds of a feather and all that.

Being alone for the first time is weird. Although, he wasn't really alone, he had three siblings there with him. If you have a big family it would be pretty easy to go 19 years without being alone in your own home for a significant length of time because there are so many more people that could be around, so I don't really see that as sad. What I do find sad is this:

I'll have you all know, I went to the grocery store and bought food--all by myself! I came back and my brothers called me the 'woman of the house'. I ignored them. I was very proud of myself no matter what they said.

My main job, assigned to me by Mom, was to keep the kitchen clean and the dishwasher running (basically solidifying my position as the 'woman of the house' for good).

Males can go grocery shopping, clean a kitchen, and run the dishwasher, as the AA obviously did. It is not the sole domain of the "woman of the house".

The rest of us (all of three of us, except my sister Katie--who's on the coast) had school and work to attend to.

Why does he make it sound like he was alone, if there were three of them there? Ok...

wilsonftw.blogspot.com/2012/02/being-gentle-man.html

This whole post made me laugh/cringe. The juxtaposition of "4. offers his coat to a lady who is cold and without one. " and "9. never allows the rejection of his offers to a lady keep him from asking again and again and even to the same lady." is hilarious. TAKE MY COAT, LADY! TAKE IT!

I'm telling you, him and Miss Raquel will end up married and both will be totally no prepared to be adults.

When my MIL died, we left my children alone for a week. My son was almost 19 and his sisters were 15 and 13. They managed to keep the house clean and cook their own food. Because we have one car, my brother took them shopping but my kids didn't act like it was a big deal.

They did have two emergencies that they called me about. Our cat brought a not quite dead, adult rabbit into the house. Because he couldn't help the rabbit live, my son called animal control who came and got the animal. Also, our water heater went out so my son took his own money and arranged to have it fixed.

"9. never allows the rejection of his offers to a lady keep him from asking again and again and even to the same lady."

What the fuck is gentlemanly about ignoring a woman's wishes? That's harrassment and it makes you an asshole.

What the fuck is gentlemanly about ignoring a woman's wishes? That's harrassment and it makes you an asshole.

From "Miss" Raquel's comment on the same post "Don't let feminist women beat you down." Please? Just a mini-beatdown?

2. Sophie (my dog) had to be taken to my dad's clinic since we weren't home enough to care for her.

(sadness! I missed her--but she's back now! In my room now, listening to music with me)

I don't understand why their dog has to go to the clinc? Where they not feeding the poor animal? We have two dogs and a cat. Nothing happened to them while we were gone.

When I read these kids' blog, I often wonder if they would get along with my son, Chris. I don't know. Chris is respectful of other faiths but he also has a sarcastic sense of humor and is a little more wordly than these kids.

I think I was more worldly than these kids at their age and I was pretty sheltered.

I remember going grocery shopping for the first time after being dropped off at college. I'd been to a grocery store and bought things before, but it seemed special somehow to be doing the Week's Grocery Shopping instead of picking up odds or ends.

But I felt like an adult, not a woman. Seriously, how is grocery shopping even a female thing?

Also, what if a misogynistic woman wasn't cold and didn't want his freaking coat? Darn women and their bodies' abilities to maintain their internal temperature! Darn their extra percentages of fat!

This is so sad. When I was 19, I was living with my now-ex, which was essentially like living by myself since he was rarely ever around. I had been doing grocery shopping for my family on a regular basis for three years by that point. I have to admit, the first time I was home alone was kind of strange...but I was 14, and I was actually ALONE for several days. Most 19 year olds, male or female; are living on their own and regularly doing their own grocery shopping, laundry, cooking and cleaning, etc. It's also pretty sad that he and his brothers think grocery shopping and having anything to do with a kitchen are "women's work", and apparently something to tease/be teased about. It shows how they view women as inferior, since doing a "woman's job" is something to make fun of.

Archived