IGNORED

MS GOP have gone off the deep end.

muffynbear

I guess because I don't see it as your body. i see it as the body of someone else. I don't care what you do with your body. its your body. i don't want to pay for your choices or mistakes. I'm responsible for my own body and choices. I don't want to pay for something I do not agree with

did that answer your question? I'm running very, very slow today. Coffee maker broke :o I'm in a fog.............

Because of the way the tax system works we all pay for things we don't agree with.

I hi-lited one line of yours because it contains one of my favourite words "choice".

My story? I had an unwanted pregnancy at 17 and had to leave the country to get a safe, legal abortion. Many years later my husband and I had trouble conceiving, but finally got pregnant. At the time, I worked temp and one of my co-workers had an anti-abortion message stuck up in his work area. I was very obviously pregnant and spoke to him about it. He probably thought I would be on his side. I wasn't and I calmly told him how offensive I found his sign. I said that the baby I was carrying was an extremely wanted one but carrying a baby is a lot to ask of someone and certainly nothing that should be forced on anyone.

If you don't want an abortion - great, don't have one. But you and your ilk do not get to make such a huge decision for me!

Get out of my (and anyone else's) womb!!!

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok I'll defer to debrand

LOL. No, don't defer to me. I try to engage trolls long after every sane person has stopped.

It is hard for me to accept that logic won't win some people over.

I think that the poster probably thought that her tragic loss would be impossible for us to argue against. However, many people have lost children and still remained prochoice.

health of mother-- As a mother there is NO WAY I would kill off my own baby to save myself. No matter how little the glob of cells were. I see no difference in my own child being 1 day--80 y/o old or a fetus. Its still my baby and i would die for my babies. As any mother would. So for instance if I found out if I had cancer and either I start treatment and abort baby or die. I would choose to die. The same if a truck was racing head on and my kid and I were in the way, I would die to push my kid to safety. I have options for my children to be raised by amazing people. I can't imagine me having to tell them I killed your sibling for myself.

I hope this makes sense

When I was five, my mom lost a baby to stillbirth. I can guarantee that that experience in no way compares to losing a mother at that age. I can respect your choice to die and leave your children motherless. Especially if, as you say, there are other people who can help to in some way make up the loss (I don't think anything really makes up for losing a parent). Other women may be the sole stable person in their children's lives.

Again, why do you think you can, by law, force your decision to die for your fetus and leave your existing children motherless, on other women?

LOL. No, don't defer to me. I try to engage trolls long after every sane person has stopped.

It is hard for me to accept that logic won't win some people over.

I think that the poster probably thought that her tragic loss would be impossible for us to argue against. However, many people have lost children and still remained prochoice.

Well I'm off to find the appropriate cake.

Frankly its the first time I'm ever had a woman tell me my body is not my own, and in those words. Jeez I hope she's got time to polish our toes today.

whats the carpet steamer?

boltingmadonna, I absolutely agree with you and felt exactly the same before my daughter died. it has forever changed my mind on abortion. it has. i don't think its a stupid choice or ignorant. nor do I think pro-choices are stupid or ignorant for their beliefs. i don't take it lightly either or think I'm better than anyone else because i feel this way. at all. its how I feel. I don't think its right. simple as that. I know my choice for all life doesn't make sense to most but that is how I feel.

Growing up in the hood, and coming from a very poor single mom I have seen both sides.

I feel a sudden guilt for approving this registration...

I've had an abortion AND lost a child. I was forced to feel guilt, to believe the loss of my child was a direct result of my abortion I had 10 years earlier because I was drugged and raped.

So kindly fuck off, okay? Don't like abortion, don't have one. Don't like abortion? Support strong sex education and social welfare.

wow. nor do I have any right to comment.

health of mother-- As a mother there is NO WAY I would kill off my own baby to save myself. No matter how little the glob of cells were. I see no difference in my own child being 1 day--80 y/o old or a fetus. Its still my baby and i would die for my babies. As any mother would.

I am a mother also and I can not say that I wouldn't have an abortion. At this point, I have no idea how I would respond to a difficult pregnancy. I have four children and a grandchild who need me. Allowing myself to die so that my fetus could live could be cruel to my kids and husband, who need me. Of course, this is one of those situations in which there are no right or wrong answers. I would never judge a woman that chose to die for the fetus but neither would I find her more brave or heroic than a woman who felt she wanted to live for her living children.

I view a child with a functioning brain as being different than a mass of cells without a brain.

Well I'm off to find the appropriate cake.

Frankly its the first time I'm ever had a woman tell me my body is not my own, and in those words. Jeez I hope she's got time to polish our toes today.

One advantage to trolls is that I get to see lots of nice cakes. LOL

We've had dog cakes can we have a cat one this time?

wow. nor do I have any right to comment.

You have the right to comment. No one banned you. But I have the right to tell you to go take a long walk off a short pier.

whats the carpet steamer?

boltingmadonna, I absolutely agree with you and felt exactly the same before my daughter died. it has forever changed my mind on abortion. it has. i don't think its a stupid choice or ignorant. nor do I think pro-choices are stupid or ignorant for their beliefs. i don't take it lightly either or think I'm better than anyone else because i feel this way. at all. its how I feel. I don't think its right. simple as that. I know my choice for all life doesn't make sense to most but that is how I feel.

Growing up in the hood, and coming from a very poor single mom I have seen both sides.

The solution is to not have an abortion. Simply don't have one. However, you should not have the power to take the choice from other people.

I've noticed that we've come up with reasons why we disagree with you but your response is to ignore those reasons and concentrate on your own feelings about the subject.

One advantage to trolls is that I get to see lots of nice cakes. LOL

We've had dog cakes can we have a cat one this time?

Its a tradition in my village that I make a Hello Kitty cake when a young woman has an abortion. I had to make one last week and it looked like this

hello_kitty_cake.jpg

Its a tradition in my village that I make a Hello Kitty cake when a young woman has an abortion. I had to make one last week and it looked like this

hello_kitty_cake.jpg

That just makes me smile. :D

fair enough. maybe I'm just a little confused by the hostility. Have I been hostile toward anyone?

and the cake/dog/cat/troll talk. what is that all about?

I don't agree with an issue. simple is that. it probably IS more logical. but I simply can't agree with it in my mind. so in my mind it doesn't make sense.

no, i just can't keep up. There were a bunch of posts. I'm trying to get to them

rape--I just think IMHO that the rape victim is going to be screwed up, no matter what. Why kill the innocent human. That kid could make a childless person very happy. Why not have some good come out of it? No, Ive never been raped and no I can't IMAGINE carrying the rapists kid but I think in my heart I would think its the right thing to do.

Well, as long as I can make a childless couple happy, I guess that's all that matters then. :roll:

fair enough. maybe I'm just a little confused by the hostility. Have I been hostile toward anyone?

I don't agree with an issue. simple is that. it probably IS more logical. but I simply can't agree with it in my mind. so in my mind it doesn't make sense.

no, i just can't keep up. There were a bunch of posts. I'm trying to get to them

You are now responsible for my body, by your own choice. I'd like the copper colored polish for my toes today.

As I said before, don't have an abortion. It is that simple. Support inexpensive birth control and better sexual education for those who choose to have sex. Countries with good sex ed and easily available BC have lower rates of abortion.

However, you can't make the choice for any other person.

The solution is to not have an abortion. Simply don't have one. However, you should not have the power to take the choice from other people.

I've noticed that we've come up with reasons why we disagree with you but your response is to ignore those reasons and concentrate on your own feelings about the subject.[

but i don't want to financially support something i don't believe in. Just as you wouldn't want to support a pro-life movement. its the same thing. I get were everyone is coming from. i do. I was on the other side of the fence years ago. Abortion is where I flipped.

but i don't want to financially support something i don't believe in. Just as you wouldn't want to support a pro-life movement. its the same thing. I get were everyone is coming from. i do. I was on the other side of the fence years ago. Abortion is where I flipped.

Do you realize your tax dollars go to support all kinds of things you might not believe in. Why single out abortion?

Whether or not abortions should be publicly funded is a separate discussion from whether or not it should be criminalized. You said you hoped it would be outlawed. You want to make me a criminal for choosing my six year old over a blastocyst. Please tell me why you think that would be OK.

Part of being in a society means that your taxes go to where the majority says that they do.

I find this ten year war idiotic and believe that we should pull out now. However, my taxes are going to support the troops.

I thought that tax money was not used on abortions.

edited for stupid grammar mistakes. :oops:

Since 1976 the Hyde Amendment has kept federal tax dollars from being spent on abortion. 15 states in the US use state tax dollars for funding abortion for low income women. I'm proud to live in a state that provides this funding.

I should add, I have never really faced the problem of choosing between a blastocyst and a six year old. But lots of women have. A large percentage of women who have abortions already have one child.

rape--I just think IMHO that the rape victim is going to be screwed up, no matter what. Why kill the innocent human. That kid could make a childless person very happy. Why not have some good come out of it? No, Ive never been raped and no I can't IMAGINE carrying the rapists kid but I think in my heart I would think its the right thing to do.

Wait... so, if a rape victim is going to be screwed up anyway, your idea is "What's the harm in giving her more trauma and making her carry her rapist's baby to term?" Like, seriously? And I'm supposed to believe that it is the people who are "pro-life" are the one's with compassion for their fellow human beings? :evil:

health of mother-- As a mother there is NO WAY I would kill off my own baby to save myself. No matter how little the glob of cells were. I see no difference in my own child being 1 day--80 y/o old or a fetus. Its still my baby and i would die for my babies. As any mother would. So for instance if I found out if I had cancer and either I start treatment and abort baby or die. I would choose to die. The same if a truck was racing head on and my kid and I were in the way, I would die to push my kid to safety. I have options for my children to be raised by amazing people. I can't imagine me having to tell them I killed your sibling for myself.

That's nice for you. But that's your personal morality and your personal choice. That is not how everybody thinks about it. That's not even how every religion thinks about it. My religion actually happens to value the life of independent living, breathing humans over dependent globs of cells. My mother is far more important to me than a glob of cells that could potentially have been my sibling would have been. Hell, my dog, as a living being that I already know and love is more important to me than a glob of cells that could potentially have been my siblings would have been.

Braggnation-You are either extremely immature, self absorbed or just an idiot. I am voting for all three. Yes it is my body and my choice not yours or anyone else. I have worked in Women's healthcare for 35 yrs, I have never had a women with or without children who have decided to die to have a child. My oath is that I save the life that I can. My suggestion to you is to get some consulting regarding your issues.

Archived