IGNORED

Homosexuality is detrimental and ultimately destructive

keeperrox

What CC3 wrote:

I am against gay marriage because God is

Guess what God is also against divorce for any reason besides adultry. Check the Bible. Abuse isn't in there as a reason to divorce a spouse. So you only give a shit about what God thinks when He is agreeing with you.

Here it is, straight from the Bible, the only reason for divorce:

But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness

So you are saying that you don't agree with the Bible and don't think people should follow this part because it doesn't use common sense? Correct?

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
But why is it that you don't want to obey the Bible when it comes to divorce? Why do you want to give non-Bible approved exceptions, yet won't do that for gay marriage? And why do you go out of your way to avoid answering questions?

You can start with how gay marriage will mess up your life and then perhaps move onto if you are advocating making divorce for non-biblical (and of course YOUR approved exceptions, not God's, but apparently He lacked common sense when writing the rules for divorce) reasons illegal and invalidating all divorces that are not Bible approved.

I want to obey the Bible, but who would want a spouse severely injured or killed when it can be prevented. Jesus is compassionate and would us to act instead of hiding our heads in the sand.

When I take the Bible as a whole, with emphasis on Romans 1, God is clear on gay relations. To condone those actions with a wedding is wrong.

I do try to answer the questions people ask. Granted sometimes I don't always get them in the correct order. Sorry for your inconvenience.

Guest Anonymous

I want to obey the Bible, but who would want a spouse severely injured or killed when it can be prevented. Jesus is compassionate and would us to act instead of hiding our heads in the sand.

When I take the Bible as a whole, with emphasis on Romans 1, God is clear on gay relations. To condone those actions with a wedding is wrong.

I do try to answer the questions people ask. Granted sometimes I don't always get them in the correct order. Sorry for your inconvenience.

I guess you don't even get how ironic the bolded sentence is. And you answered none of my questions. Nor did you apologize for saying that I was twisting God's words.

CC3 Can I take a guess? I can't read your mind but tell me if this is true.

The reason that you aren't willing to work for harder divorce laws is because you have probably met people who were in unhappy, lovelss marriages. No matter what the bible states, remaining in their marriage was probably harmful to themselves and their kids. You've probably met people who were hurt by their spouses also.

You've seen first hand what happens in unhappy marriages and so you can't in good concious tell two people to remain married when they don't wish to do so.

I bet if you met a lot of gay couples who deeply loved one another, were good citizens, and good, compassionate people, you might change your mind.

One of the good things about homosexuals being allowed in the military(they were always there, just hidden) is that no one can deny that gays and lesbians are everybit as patriotic and brave as their straight counterparts. Overtime, as more states allow same sex marriage, I think that people like CC3 will come to accept it because they will see examples of people in love.

CC3,

I noticed that in previous post you said that you'd watched the film J. Edgar. You were aware, weren't you, that Mr. Hoover was almost certainly gay himself? He lived with Clyde Tolson for years and they are buried side-by-side in the Congressional Cemetery in Washington DC. There are also many tales of Mr. Hoover cross-dressing . The most hilarious of the incidents is relates by Tim Gunn where he and his sister were asked if they'd like to meet Vivian Vance while on their annual tour of the FBI building. They went into the director's office, met someone who looked a lot like Viv, but the director was nowhere to be seen! Tim found no evidence that Miss Vance and Mr. Hoover ever met, but darnit. did they look enough alike.

I read his biography years ago so I knew he was gay. I remember seeing him on TV as a kid and thinking he was one of the oddest people I had ever seen.

I do try to answer the questions people ask.

No you pick and choose. I've been very patient asking you the same question, albeit a very simple one, and you've chosen not to answer. You would rather play the religionist game of dueling bible quotes as a means of avoidance.

Jesus is compassionate and would us to act instead of hiding our heads in the sand.

I think you need to consider the ramifications of this statement a little bit more.

How could Kirk get away with this? why would so many fucktards support him? I know there is Free Speech but that's the same way WBC does it as well.

CC3 Can I take a guess? I can't read your mind but tell me if this is true.

The reason that you aren't willing to work for harder divorce laws is because you have probably met people who were in unhappy, lovelss marriages. No matter what the bible states, remaining in their marriage was probably harmful to themselves and their kids. You've probably met people who were hurt by their spouses also.

You've seen first hand what happens in unhappy marriages and so you can't in good concious tell two people to remain married when they don't wish to do so.

I bet if you met a lot of gay couples who deeply loved one another, were good citizens, and good, compassionate people, you might change your mind.

One of the good things about homosexuals being allowed in the military(they were always there, just hidden) is that no one can deny that gays and lesbians are everybit as patriotic and brave as their straight counterparts. Overtime, as more states allow same sex marriage, I think that people like CC3 will come to accept it because they will see examples of people in love.

Here are Jesus' words on divorce:

Every one who divorces his wife and marries another commits adultery, and he who marries a woman divorced from her husband commits adultery.

He answered them, "What did Moses command you?" 4 They said, "Moses allowed a man to write a certificate of divorce, and to put her away." 5 But Jesus said to them, "For your hardness of heart he wrote you this commandment. 6 But from the beginning of creation, 'God made them male and female.' 7 'For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, 8 and the two shall become one flesh.' So they are no longer two but one flesh. 9 What therefore God has joined together, let not man put asunder." 10 And in the house the disciples asked him again about this matter. 11 And he said to them, "Whoever divorces his wife and marries another, commits adultery against her; 12 and if she divorces her husband and marries another, she commits adultery

9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for unchastity, and marries another, commits adultery

Jesus was given plenty of chances to show compassion and add abuse, but He chose not to. So by allowing that exception your church is not following the teachings of Jesus. And you apparently feel like Jesus didn't use common sense.

And you have continually refused to answer if you would(are?) advocating laws that would forbid divorce for any reason that isn't in the Bible, and that reason would only be adultry.

You also haven't answered how gay marriage would impact your marriage/life at all.

As far as gay people, I have know quite a few but not a lot. I have been friends with several lesbians and don't consider being gay in of itself a problem. I also had a gay guy work for me and got quite a kick out of him. He was (passed away from AIDS) more feminine than I am and I am pretty prissy. It's sex outside of marriage that is a problem along with everything else I have mentioned.

WTF??? I don't even... what?

I think there was also something about getting a "kick" out of a gay co-worker who was so fun and feminine but I'm scared to re-read.

WTF??? I don't even... what?

So, CC3, if gay people can marry, that solves the problem! They will be having sex within marriage.

No. I am not interested in advocating for Biblical divorce laws. In fact, the thought has never even crossed my mind. I agree with you - abuse is not written in the Bible as a reason to divorce. :) You have found my hypocrisy.

I will answer your other question in a few minutes.

Lmao I love how they have to say "ultimately destructive" now. Gay marriage is legal is quite a few states now and what do you know, fire isn't raining down from the sky :lol:

And just FYI I'll campaign for marriage equality until it's legal or I die. And I see more people coming to our side everyday. You're on the wrong side of history CC3.

So, CC3, if gay people can marry, that solves the problem! They will be having sex within marriage.

I realized what it sounded like when I wrote it. Give me a few minutes and I'll explain.

No. I am not interested in advocating for Biblical divorce laws. In fact, the thought has never even crossed my mind. I agree with you - abuse is not written in the Bible as a reason to divorce. :) You have found my hypocrisy.

I will answer your other question in a few minutes.

So quit blaming God for you not wanting gay marriage to be legal and state the real reason. There is something about gay marriage that you must find icky because you have no problem ignoring the Bible when it comes to other issues. So it is time to get down to the real heart of the matter, what is it about gay people you don't like? If you liked gay people you would have no issue making exceptions for them just like you do abused people.

Well, at least you admit you're a hypocrite. That's a start. Though I don't think it's anything to smile about.

Nor have you explained why the United States civil law should follow your interpretation of a religious text.

Why are we arguing with nonsense? His only reasoning is "God says so" and he can't obviously think of a better one or reason for himself as to whether a God who makes these types of demands is a religion worth following.

Lissar, she actually went back and edited her comment before my reply. I've never seen anyone do that before.

Thank you, Lissar.

Are you talking to me CC3? I didn't edit anything.

I'll catch up with the rest of this thread later.

Well, at least you admit you're a hypocrite. That's a start. Though I don't think it's anything to smile about.

I don't think wanting to protect abused spouses is a problem. I laughed to myself because I knew I would be backed into a corner on that point. Although, the Bible does say if you can't live at peace with each other, it is better to separate. You don't have grounds for a divorce, but you don't have to live together either. I guess you would call it a truce. Also, if you marry someone who is not a believer and they don't want to live with you any longer, you do have grounds for divorce. It's called being unequally yoked.

And how do gay marriages affect me personally? They don't if they aren't married in the church other than they are afforded the same financial benefits as any other couple (government entitlement programs).

If they are married in the church, I don't understand the logistics of their spiritual unions. A man and a woman leave their parents, cleave to each other, and the two become one flesh. Just like Christ is the bridegroom and the church is the bride. I put this question off because I don't see how this dynamic would work with two people of the same sex. I understand we are using symbolism, but I can't wrap my mind around it. Call me whatever names you like, but this is why I have not answered.

Lissar, she actually went back and edited her comment before my reply. I've never seen anyone do that before.

Lissar, I was talking about No Fun My Babe that edited her comment.

Archived