IGNORED

Homosexuality is detrimental and ultimately destructive

keeperrox

So says Kirk Cameron on yesterday's Piers Morgan...

Kirk Cameron on homosexuality: "It's detrimental, and ultimately destructive"

Coming up this evening on "Piers Morgan Tonight," actor and evangelist Kirk Cameron sits down for a candid and engaging discussion on politics, faith, values, and morals.

Best known for his role as the lovable Mike Seaver on television's "Growing Pains," Cameron is now a 41-year-old father of 6, and a Born Again Christian. Against a backdrop of the upcoming election, host Piers Morgan asks Cameron where he stands on various hot button social issues, including gay marriage:

"Marriage is almost as old as dirt, and it was defined in the garden between Adam and Eve. One man, one woman for life till death do you part. So I would never attempt to try to redefine marriage. And I don't think anyone else should either," explains Cameron. "So do I support the idea of gay marriage? No, I don't."

Joining Morgan in person, Cameron goes on to explain his views on homosexuality:

"I think that it's - it's - it's unnatural. I think that it's - it's detrimental, and ultimately destructive to so many of the foundations of civilization."

Tune in to "Piers Morgan Tonight" at 9 p.m. ET/PT as the host of the upcoming documentary "Monumental" reveals his views on abortion, and details what he'd do if one of his children came to him and said "I'm gay."

Click to watch

My goodness, he is such a douchenozzle.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brely related but it drives me nuts when the Christians always go on about marriage is between ONE man and ONE woman. it's like they ignore the gabilliion (my made up number) examples of polygyny done in their Bible. I don't believe there is any scripture that actually limits the number of partners permitted in the Bible, no?

I wish Piers Morgan and other cable news show hosts would stop giving attention Kirk "Douche" Cameron.

I love how Piers is asking Kirk some pretty straightforward questions--"Do you think homosexuality is a sin?" "Do you think gay marriage is wrong?" "What would you do if one of your kids was gay?", and yet, Kirk can't come up with any really straightforward answers. If he's so sure that his beliefs are the only correct beliefs, why doesn't he just say "Yes, I believe that being gay and gay marriage is a sin, and if one of my kids came out, I would not be able to accept that"? Why try to sugarcoat everything?

Piers Morgan is an utter twat and marriage is neither as "old as dirt" nor automatically "between one man and one woman". FFS, history, how does it work.

This little douchenozzle doesn't deserve the airtime.

He definitely doesn't. But Kirk is always going to find ways to get air time on CNN, Fox News etc.

http://blindgossip.com/?p=39111

There is an area in Griffith Park where you can take the kiddies for a train ride. A certain actor used to enjoy taking men for another kind of ride in the same area. He would cruise the park, pick up a guy, and then hook up with them in his car. The really ironic thing here is that the actor is so religious that when he was a teen heartthrob (a couple of decades ago) he used to insist that any dialogue that was even the slightest bit sexual or profane be removed from his lines because they violated his sense of decency. He’s all grown up now – and still cruises for guys – but we’re sure his wife really appreciates what a moral man she married.

The comments are quite amusing. :lol:

I was just reading that Glaad is nailing him for his comments, and is going to monitor his future media appearances so that his views are more widely known. Way to go Glaad!

He definitely doesn't. But Kirk is always going to find ways to get air time on CNN, Fox News etc.

Hopefully the airtime he does get will make more people realize what a douchenozzle he really is. My mom used to like back when he was "normal", but she doesn't once she heard his views on homosexuality, so i'm still hopeful he'll just make himself look more and more crazy. It could happen.

Piers Morgan is an utter twat and marriage is neither as "old as dirt" nor automatically "between one man and one woman". FFS, history, how does it work.

How is Piers a twat? Not being rude, I know next to nothing about him except he was a judge on that talent show that I didn't watch and I really haven't watched his talk show either.

But Kirk is for sure.

So, I guess the bible is unatural and detrimental since nearly every book in it has an example of a multiple marriage. Good to know.

It'd be a cold day in hell before I ever took advice from Kirk Cameron. If I lived the life he wanted me to live, I'd be miserable. Thanks, but no thanks. I like the life I have right now just fine.

How is Piers a twat? Not being rude, I know next to nothing about him except he was a judge on that talent show that I didn't watch and I really haven't watched his talk show either.

But Kirk is for sure.

I think she meant that Kirk was the twat, not Piers. I've seen Piers on both the talent show and the talk show, I like what I've seen of him.

Hopefully the airtime he does get will make more people realize what a douchenozzle he really is. My mom used to like back when he was "normal", but she doesn't once she heard his views on homosexuality, so i'm still hopeful he'll just make himself look more and more crazy. It could happen.

Some people have been turned off by him in the past several years when he has done TV appearances. He made some dumb ass comments about global warming a couple of years back on a CNN show and he got bashed on twitter for it.

He had a lot of fan girls back during the Growing Pains days and my sister was one of them. I know a lot of women who liked him back then but can't stand him now. A few years back I used to post on a TV related message board and Kirk had some supporters there. This message board that I posted on was made up mostly of conservative Christians who only liked shows from the 60's, 70's, 80's and 90's. There were several who whined about how Kirk is disliked in Hollywood and they cried "Christian persecution". I noticed that the people who defended Kirk on those boards were against the teaching of evolution, homosexuality, and other things. His supporters basically had all of the same views. There were a few Christians on those boards that disliked Kirk. I remember one of the mods in there was a major Islamaphobe. I stopped posting on those boards mainly because some of the conservative members were very hateful about a lot of things and their hate for Islam/Muslims really turned me off. I have lurked on the IMDB boards connected to Kirk's page and some of his supporters tend to be the people who really lack logic on certain things.

Craig Ferguson tweeted

Rush makes me ashamed to be a middleaged white man and Kirk Cameron makes me ashamed to be a failed actor. We don't all think like that NoH8

I think Mr. Cameron just wants attention. Maybe trying to raise his profile to get money for his next Christian Film.

Remember on the show when the Duggars went to see his shitty movie, Fireproof, and they had is wife come in and dress in a wedding gown for the lame kissing scene? *puke* This guy is a total bigoted asshole. I can't believe I used to have a crush on him in my young days. *sigh*

If homosexuality were destructive I would be dead right now, killed by the gay.

If homosexuality were destructive I would be dead right now, killed by the gay.

I've had a couple of LoLs reading here tonight. :lol:

I think she meant that Kirk was the twat, not Piers. I've seen Piers on both the talent show and the talk show, I like what I've seen of him.

No, I did mean Piers, although I agree Kirk is too!

I would make you a link if I could, but my smartphone will object. Put his name into wiki and look at "career" this will make you see why I don't like him. He really is a wanker and has contributed hugely to trashy journalism here. The UK is the world leader in tabloidy rubbish I reckon and it is partly his fault.

I also loathe and detest the News of the World (I and comrades raised a glass when it died. Actually, several glasses.) A girl at my school's family was made a subject of investigation by these bastards, she was so humiliated the family left town. You don't get to be NoTW editor by being a nice person.

I have three other personal reasons for hating the NoTW, one can be discovered by googling "Tommy Sheridan" the other stories aren't mine to tell. By all accounts even though he wasn't editor then he helped put the culture in place which saw such things as normal.

Then his behaviour at the Mirror was disgraceful. He does not have a good name here. If you can read it in the States (it would be hard to find probably), there is a UK satirical mag called Private Eye, they will give you the lowdown on him.

Archived