IGNORED

Birther files suit, says minorities can't be president

Alecto

Excuse me if I am unsure about this question:

But aren't the only "natural born citizens" really the native american population?

My grandparents came from somewhere else as did almost everyone's family at some point in time.

:?:

In the U.S., the phrase refers to someone born in this country. Native Americans were specifically excluded from that until the Citizenship Act of 1924. I think Canada has a similar act from the 1930's. Blacks and mixed race people born in the U.S were granted citizenship by the 14th amendment. The 15th amendment, which the moron with the lawsuit seems to have ignored, grants, voting rights to all men of color, this also gave them the defecto right to hold elected office.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am interested in this language: before the (purported) ratification.

Is the ratification of the amendment disputed, or is the asshole trying to argue that Obama could not have been president in the nineteenth century? Or both? Does he even know?

I believe there are some people--most of whom are racist douchebags--who believe that the southern states were essentially forced to ratify the 13th, 14th, and 15th amendments under duress, and that those amendments are invalid as a result.

I am interested in this language: before the (purported) ratification.

Is the ratification of the amendment disputed, or is the asshole trying to argue that Obama could not have been president in the nineteenth century? Or both? Does he even know?

likely due to the amount of racism around at the time, he would not have been president, as even though slavery was gone, many people disliked this law. This wouldn't be fully Stopped, even today there is much racism in the world.

I believe this is Mr. Epperly's website. 14th-amendment.com/page_frame.htm He has filed other petitions regarding the 14th amendment, more details here 14th-amendment.com/Court_Documents/Case_No._1-07-CV-00011-JWS/page_frame.htm

bad web design warning :roll:

If this ever actually gets before a judge or judges I hope this guy gets a serious smack down and is hit with tons of frivolous law suit sanctions for wasting the court's time and being such a dumbass.

This crazy ass shit used to bother me a lot less. Now that Rick Santorum is a a major contender for the Republican nominaton for president., I just don't know what kind of insantiy will be taken seriously next.

At the core of birtherism is the fact that certain people simply cannot fathom that an African American is actually President of the United States. To them, it must be a hoax; it can't be real. Someone must put a stop to it and install a white man in his place.

At least this nut is honest about it.

My thoughts exactly. They're all racists, this one just doesn't have the filter. I'm fine with that - the more people see their ugliness, the better.

As for the use of the word "mulatto", I think it's obvious in this context that it's offensive. I assume it's offensive in ANY context - I only ever heard the word once, a woman sitting behind me on the bus who was enamored with my young nieces but whose vocabulary was two generations out of date. (And she wasn't THAT old either.) I tried, like with a small child, modeling better terminology ("Yes, they are biracial, their father is African-American") but, unlike with a small child she was completely immune to not-so-subtle hint-dropping.

I got off a stop early.

:shock: :angry-screaming:

The two emotions clearly show what I felt when I read that. People still think like this???

Taking a deep breath and thinking "sane people need to stay in the country or the crazies will all take over" though I want to run to B.C. now.

The truth behind the birther idiocy has outed itself in a way that can't be squirmed around. Finally.

Finally indeed. They're just finally talking turkey, but this is what it's been about all along. I've no doubt whatsoever of that.

Any time I get any hope that my biracial kids will actually be judged by the content of their character rather than the color of their skin, this shit comes along.

SMH. Who the fuck says mulatto? Only an asshole.

I can't even be mad about this. It just reminds me that some people really are :banana-stoner: :banana-stoner: :banana-stoner:. (Actually these bananas look a lot more sane than him.)

It actually makes me more upset when people who aren't sooo far estranged from planet earth say hateful shit like this.

His website is, like, really bad. Shitty sites seem to be a pattern among the really crazy fundies--not the mommy bloggers but the vitriol-spewing crusader husbands.

edited to de-riffle

Odd story about the word mulatto - my mom is a yankee, and she had only heard the phrase mulatto as describing someone who is part Italian. It confused the hell out of here when she moved south and someone used it to refer to someone who was part African American.

I'd be angry if this guy wasn't so delusional that he overlooked how blacks have full rights in this country and that race is a protected class. He's grasping at straws.

Did he time travel here from the 1850s or something? Obama was born here, and yes, he's got rights given to him by the Constitution.

And yeah. Who uses the term mulatto anymore?

Well our lovely governor Perry thinks we should succeed from the union. And he was a presidential candidate. How's that for fucking scary?

I hope Obama wins, but if he does, I wonder if he'll make it through unscathed. There are enough wackos out there that I would be legitimately concerned for his safety. These people are beyond insane.

Oh, and my darling MIL said something about bi-racial children being "little chocolate drops". My mouth just hung open. I could hardly bear to type that, it's so offensive. And yeah, she's not that old. I just can't believe people are still that ignorant. Same woman also made jokes about assassinating the president. Luckily, her son did not inherit her racist nature. Unbelievable.

Among the many reasons to be pissed off at stuff like this is the fact that our court systems are over clogged and understaffed anough. Our taxpayer dollars (or whatever state's this is filed in) are going to pay clerks of court, judges, law clerks, etc. to have to handle this douchbaggery.

Re: mulatto--some people just don't get it. My MIL continues to refer to my Asian-born granddaughter as "Oriental." This despite my having told her on more than one occasion that rugs are Oriental, people are Asian. Stupid and offensive--but then she is not filing lawsuits about it.

Archived