IGNORED

kinda OT: Are there non-fundie boards like this?

Petunia117

I love to snark on the fundies, but I would also love to snark on general mommy blogs, home decor blogs, etc.

Anyone know of any snark boards for these?

Quiver full of chatter, I notice dooce gets snacked on occasionally.

Or snarked on, damn autocorrect.

There are many people who would like a bite of dooce.

I would love to snark on non-fundie blogs, but I don't like Get Off My Internets... the format here is better, there are too many inside jokes over there, and some of the posters there are wayyyy too obsessed with bloggers who just don't deserve the ire.

There used to be a scrapbooking snark forum that got really, really ugly until it exploded, or at least disappeared. I don't think it was ever resurrected.

A scrapbooking snark forum? Wow! Maybe that should be Rule 35 of the Internet: if it exist, there is a snark forum for it.

Oh yes, it got very nasty. There are a lot of prima donnas in the scrapbook designing and publishing world. It's primarily a female world and there was a lot of fighting. There was a male designer, who happens to be a friend of mine, which is how I got sucked in and they hated him. I don't know if it ever got as far as a libel suit but there was plenty of talk about suing. And in one case I think the police were involved. For the life of me I can't remember the name of the forum. It doesn't exist anymore. Honestly, it made this place look tame. It was more like the early days of alt.adoption in the early and mid 90's, another group that makes FJ look tame.

I can attest that the snark from the scrappers can get awfully sticky. (teehee! I love me some scrappin'!)

sf_drama.livejournal.com is a snark community. Come to think of it, there are a heap of snark communities on LJ.

I've seen snark forums for just about everything. I was part of a snark forum about the website where TW blogged her wedding. We snarked her too. It died, though.

I wish there was a better mommy one. There are some stupid mom blogs out there.

i don't mean to be thick, but what the hell is there to snark about wrt scrapbooking? stampin up vs. freehand?

i love GOMI, but i hate the threaded comments. I hate having to wade through 1200 comments to find the 50 new ones, because they aren't linear.

I agree, there's crazy ire over people who are only kind of borderline annoying...it seems misplaced. but whatevs! to each their own. at least they're smart over there, which is what i mostly appreciate with a good snark. that's why i heart FJ.

sf_drama.livejournal.com is a snark community. Come to think of it, there are a heap of snark communities on LJ.

The problem with sf_drama is it's really gotten to be a hive mind place. I was active there from the beginning, but left because I got attacked and followed around LJ because I have issues with abortion based on disability. I would never take that choice away from any woman, but at the same time, I want to create a culture where disability is celebrated and embraced as normal, not some horrible tragedy that befalls a family. They said I was "secretly pro-life," hated women, and couldn't understand because I was a neckbeard and not disabled.

Fun facts: I am visually impaired, suffer a physical disability and am a female!

stfuparents is funny. Not a forum, but everyone snarks it up int he comments.

Oh I love STFUParents. It's awesome, and a place to get away from crazy if I ever see it in my FB newsfeed.

The only other place I can think of for snark on mommyblogs is GOMI, and I don't like the layout over there.

The problem with sf_drama is it's really gotten to be a hive mind place. I was active there from the beginning, but left because I got attacked and followed around LJ because I have issues with abortion based on disability. I would never take that choice away from any woman, but at the same time, I want to create a culture where disability is celebrated and embraced as normal, not some horrible tragedy that befalls a family. They said I was "secretly pro-life," hated women, and couldn't understand because I was a neckbeard and not disabled.

Fun facts: I am visually impaired, suffer a physical disability and am a female!

Urgh, I hate it when people are attacked for saying that they personally wouldn't have an abortion... the whole point of feminism is we are free to make our own choices.

Urgh, I hate it when people are attacked for saying that they personally wouldn't have an abortion... the whole point of feminism is we are free to make our own choices.

And I support everyone making their own choices, but until you are in a specific situation who can only hypothesize what you would do.

Domestic Snark on LJ is fun, and covers most things that could be considered domestic including natural health quackery etc.

I've seen snark forums for just about everything. I was part of a snark forum about the website where TW blogged her wedding. We snarked her too. It died, though.

I wish there was a better mommy one. There are some stupid mom blogs out there.

I'd also like to snark some of the mommy blogs- maybe even put together a list of "favorite" blogs like we do with the fundies? Not gonna lie, I have a whole section of my google reader devoted to "Mommy Blogs"- some good, some bad.

trolls with wooden spoons used to be a great snark site, they snarked mothering.com and other sites from around the internet. It was really good for the lulz, but the admin got scared that they were going to push someone over the edge and decided to nix the snark. sigh. good times, good times.

Archived