IGNORED

Fundie in pub?

JesusFightClub

After a particularly worrying encounter with the State (long story, homelessness sucks) I retreated to my local to order a pint, lick my wounds and read a book. Wild Fundie appeared!

Him: Why are you reading a book in a pub?

Me: What? Um, I don't care about Sky Sports. The book is interesting.

Him: There's only one book that will give you the truth.

Me: ???

Him: Darlin', do you know Jesus is the Saviour? I believe in Jesus. What do you believe in?

Me: Nothing.

Him: What?

Me: I'm an atheist.

Him: *laughing* I shouldn't laugh. But a wee girl like you'll have never had anything go wrong in your life. You don't know trials.

Me: (tells big long story of all trials I have had, up to and including homelessness)

Him: So you just blame God for all of those.

Me: No. I don't believe in God. I blame some people, including myself.

Him: But you are really angry with God.

Me: No....[confused]

Him: You said about your friends and family members dying. Would you die in their place?

Me: Of course.

Him: *silence, evidently he has a book to read that tells him the right answers* OK then but why do you hate and want to attack God?

Me: I don't but I don't understand your questions. Please go away and leave me alone.

Him: I will shake your hand and pray for you. *goes away*

Wow. That was...unexpected.

JFC, you ruined his day by reading the wrong book. No, not the bible but the same one that he read about preaching to the massess. If you only had taken a few moments out of your time and read the book then you could have answered all his questions correctly. :roll:

I hope things get better soon and I am sending tons of good thoughts and hopes your way. If you want to head out to the US, you can bunk at our house as long as you don't mind kids, cats and dogs. We'd love to have you. :D

I have a fundie story too.

Today my husband I were on the subway. A woman wearing a long skirt, coat and head covering sat down beside us (irritating in and of it self as there were lots of empty seats elsewhere) and said "do you know Jesus". Without missing a beat my husband said "Know him? We have a threesome with him every night!"

She got up right away and left without one more word.

Today my husband I were on the subway. A woman wearing a long skirt, coat and head covering sat down beside us (irritating in and of it self as there were lots of empty seats elsewhere) and said "do you know Jesus". Without missing a beat my husband said "Know him? We have a threesome with him every night!"

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Guest Anonymous

All hail today's king and queen of the internet

:banana-guitar: :banana-dance: :banana-dance: :greetings-clappingorange::greetings-clappingorange::handgestures-salute:

If I was there, I would have said, "Know him? He was delicious"

But this takes the cake :clap: :clap: :clap: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hope you don't mind, but I think I might love your husband now.

That was epic! :dance: :clap: :text-bravo:

I love you.

JesusFightClub used logic! It's super effective.

He seemed pretty tame for a fundie. Most fundies that I've encountered get very hostile because they are missing the logic chip, they know you have one and they don't know how to wrap their heads around that.

Can I just say that JFC's posts are always a pleasure to read? Yes, I can. You're not my children here, I can play favorites!

Love it! I'd like to think I'd come up with something clever in that situation, but I'd probably resort to the old "this is my stop" trick.

JFC, I'm really sorry that guy felt the need to be a condescending ass. What, just because you're a young woman, you haven't been through anything in your life? Well done calling him out on that line of bullshit, and here's hoping things look up for you soon.

:text-bravo: :greetings-clapyellow: That made me laugh so loud I scared the dog! LMAO

JFC-((((HUGS))) to you. I hope everything works out soon.

Yay for reading in pubs! I do it all the time (it's one of the things on my Maxwellian schedule, even - read in pub, Friday afternoons from 6PM).

I've not run into any fundies though - the oddest comments I get are "You can read that?" Um, yeah. Otherwise I wouldn't be!

I'm quite fond of quietish places with nice warm lighting. Excellent for reading, and I'm not the only one doing it there.

LOL at Jesus threesome. Brings a whole new sentiment to "Jesus loves you," anyway!

There was a man in New Mexico who sold corn by the side of the road. His name was Jesus. When people ask me if I have found Jesus, my response is "Yes, he is selling corn in New Mexico".

Brings a whole new sentiment to "Jesus loves you," anyway!

With inspiration from this thread, the next time someone tells me "Jesus loves you", I'm going to respond with "Yeah but afterward he makes me sleep in the wet spot."

With inspiration from this thread, the next time someone tells me "Jesus loves you", I'm going to respond with "Yeah but afterward he makes me sleep in the wet spot."

:bow-yellow: :laughing-rolling:

After a particularly worrying encounter with the State (long story, homelessness sucks) I retreated to my local to order a pint, lick my wounds and read a book. Wild Fundie appeared!

Him: Why are you reading a book in a pub?

Me: What? Um, I don't care about Sky Sports. The book is interesting.

Him: There's only one book that will give you the truth.

Me: ???

Him: Darlin', do you know Jesus is the Saviour? I believe in Jesus. What do you believe in?

Me: Nothing.

Him: What?

Me: I'm an atheist.

Him: *laughing* I shouldn't laugh. But a wee girl like you'll have never had anything go wrong in your life. You don't know trials.

Me: (tells big long story of all trials I have had, up to and including homelessness)

Him: So you just blame God for all of those.

Me: No. I don't believe in God. I blame some people, including myself.

Him: But you are really angry with God.

Me: No....[confused]

Him: You said about your friends and family members dying. Would you die in their place?

Me: Of course.

Him: *silence, evidently he has a book to read that tells him the right answers* OK then but why do you hate and want to attack God?

Me: I don't but I don't understand your questions. Please go away and leave me alone.

Him: I will shake your hand and pray for you. *goes away*

Wow. That was...unexpected.

See everyone? Poor JFCs mind has been so contaminated by not reading religious books, she can't even understand the true word! Shame JFC, shame shame! :naughty: :pray: :eusa-snooty:

I struggle to understand the assumption that if someone's young, they can't have been through trials.

Really, is he dense? Child abuse, amongst other things, is at a horrifically high rate.

Edited because that starts with a t

I struggle to understand the assumption hat if someone's young, they can't have been through trials.

Really, is he dense? Child abuse, amongst other things, is at a horrifically high rate.

And when she described her trials, he assumed that she hated god. Either you are only an atheist because you have experienced no hardship or you are one because you hate god for those hardships.

I have passed on your compliments to my husband who is now walking around with a really big head (that's o.k he deserves it - besides making snappy comments he is also building me a spa bathroom).

I love going to the bar with a book. I've never run into a fundie, but I've definitely met more than my fair share of men who think it's just HILARIOUS and ADORABLE that a GIRL is by herself and reading a BOOK.

Archived