IGNORED

Colbert Made Some Great Points About Catholic Church

debrand

As soon as I find the video link, I will post it. Stephen Colbert made some interesting points.

Apparently, the American Catholic Church accepts a lot of money from American taxpayers. So, American taxpayers are funding Catholicism. Of course, not all Americans are Catholic. That means that part of the funds that the church uses to pay for their defense agaisnt accusations of pedophilia comes from nonCatholics. It seems hyprocritical that the Catholic Church is screaming about their right to not pay for something that they don't believe in(B.C.) and we are all paying for the defense of pedophilic priests. I certainly don't believe in pedophilia

I am off to find the video link

I believe in castrating child molesters. Where do I sign up to have my taxes fund that?

I'm guessing their defense will be that the taxpayers' money goes to their charity programs, not the defense fund. Of course, that's the same line of thinking they dismiss when it comes to funding Planned Parenthood. They say that even though taxpayers' money doesn't fund abortions, it frees up the privately donated money to go towards abortions instead of other health programs, so PP should be defunded. Yet they'll turn a blind eye to the fact the same thing applies to the money they get.

I like the way Jon Stewart covered it too. He was talking about how Republicans are saying that no employer should have to cover birth control if they personally object to it. So he went on to say that an employer should be able to deny ANYTHING they object to ... such as a football coach not being covered for an injury, because the best medication is to just walk it off.

Colbert holding in that sneeze was completely defrauding. 8-)

I like the way Jon Stewart covered it too. He was talking about how Republicans are saying that no employer should have to cover birth control if they personally object to it. So he went on to say that an employer should be able to deny ANYTHING they object to ... such as a football coach not being covered for an injury, because the best medication is to just walk it off.

I can't help but wonder if someone from the Daily Show doesn't read here. The point about how evil feminists are for expecting men to have self control sounded like snark from this site.

Want to be defrauded by Colbert? Here is a pic of him with some scruff. Dayum!

young-stephen-colbert-26603-1291182414-10.jpg

As soon as I find the video link, I will post it. Stephen Colbert made some interesting points.

Apparently, the American Catholic Church accepts a lot of money from American taxpayers. So, American taxpayers are funding Catholicism. Of course, not all Americans are Catholic. That means that part of the funds that the church uses to pay for their defense agaisnt accusations of pedophilia comes from nonCatholics. It seems hyprocritical that the Catholic Church is screaming about their right to not pay for something that they don't believe in(B.C.) and we are all paying for the defense of pedophilic priests. I certainly don't believe in pedophilia

I am off to find the video link

And Obama is forcing priests to hand out condoms at mass! :lol:

I liked "veangeful crusades . . . kind of our thing" and the transubstantiation of secular money into "Bishop bucks."

This whole situation is absolutely redonculous. So what, if you're employer's a fundamental Christian Scientist they can not provide medical at all?

I really want Pastafarians to declare that paying more than $3.00 an hour is against their religion and see how far that goes.

I have mentioned before my son was on good morning America when he was 8 years old. The production guys were great and my son who is a big fan of Colbert and Stewart asked the sound guys about them as some worked there too...they said Colbert is amazing...and super geniune.

Stephen Colbert himself is a fairly serious Catholic, no?

Yes ... Even a Sunday school teacher.

Edit: Here is a good quote from him. "I don't want to criticize anyone's religions for the fact that it is a religion. What's funny to me is what people do in the name of religion," he said. And while deciding whether or not a joke is appropriate, he said that he asks himself, "'Does it disrespect the concept of their belief?' and if it does, then I really don't think I can do it... Because who am I to say that what they believe is wrong? But if they're doing things, using religion as a tool in some other behavior... y'know, hypocritical or destructive... then it's fair game."

Yes ... Even a Sunday school teacher.

Edit: Here is a good quote from him. "I don't want to criticize anyone's religions for the fact that it is a religion. What's funny to me is what people do in the name of religion," he said. And while deciding whether or not a joke is appropriate, he said that he asks himself, "'Does it disrespect the concept of their belief?' and if it does, then I really don't think I can do it... Because who am I to say that what they believe is wrong? But if they're doing things, using religion as a tool in some other behavior... y'know, hypocritical or destructive... then it's fair game."

Convert me, Baptize me and sign me up for Sunday school with him please :dance:

Stephen Colbert himself is a fairly serious Catholic, no?

He believes in a very personal faith and is a pretty 'liberal' catholic if you can ever see anything where he breaks character. He is what I remembered Catholics in my working./farm town high school to be which is honestly concerned about human lives, the actual lives here right now.

Know what I love about Colbert? He's devout personally, but respects the rights of others to have their own beliefs, and he's not afraid to call the Catholic church out for hypocrisy. He separates the personal faith from the church.

Want to be defrauded by Colbert? Here is a pic of him with some scruff. Dayum!

young-stephen-colbert-26603-1291182414-10.jpg

Hot damn, Colbert! He is so sexy, funny, and smart.

Comedy Central showed a rerun of his show last night, right after the first show back from a break.

I suspected something was up, but couldn't find any news stories at the time.

As of today, CC is saying that the show is suspended due to unforseen circumstances.

I hope all is well with him, and his family, but the vague statements from CC sound like there was some sort of a personal emergency.

:(

Comedy Central showed a rerun of his show last night, right after the first show back from a break.

I suspected something was up, but couldn't find any news stories at the time.

As of today, CC is saying that the show is suspended due to unforseen circumstances.

I hope all is well with him, and his family, but the vague statements from CC sound like there was some sort of a personal emergency.

:(

My husband said told me that last night. I hope that everything is all right.

Mmmmm! Nikealicious!

I prefer him as he is now. I've always been drawn to the clean-cut, clean shaven types. I often joke that I like my men to be Democrats, but they need to look like Republicans. Thank goodness my liberal husband shaves daily and cuts his hair regularly and is a total metrosexual when it comes to grooming and wardrobe! :D

Edited for phrasing something really stupidly!

Am I the only one who got all choked up when he did that show about his father handling negotiations between a hospital and its union regarding a civil rights matter?

Being an old hippie, I'm a fan of the scruff.

Count me in as another serious Colbert fan. I didn't know he was a practicing Catholic, though, which makes me respect him even more. :) Guy knows how to poke fun (and expose hypocrisy) where needed even so, which is a pretty rare thing. Not many people can strike that balance.

Re: the emergency that caused his show cancellation, I so hope it's not his mom, though of course it's a loss that will happen at some point. I read some time ago that he lost both his dad and his brother in a plane crash when he was a kid, so that afterward it was really just him and his mom. (I know he's got other sibs, but they're older and were on their own already.) The more I learn about Colbert, the more I truly respect him. He could come out of that a truly kind, funny, "undamaged" guy who's not afraid to call it as he sees it even when doing so has to challenge some pretty deeply held beliefs of his own. Bravo. :)

Archived