IGNORED

Is Patriarchy a fetish?

chiccy

How many people here think that the "women's submission to a headship" culture is actually driven by a spirit of kinkiness? Obviously it's not outright BDSM in most of these cases, but I can't help but think that many of these women (and men!) may be getting off--at least somewhat--on the whole power play. Sure, they think it's in the Bible too...but it seems possible that many of these people are into it on a "personal" level, so to speak.

I think the difference, at least for the women (aka the submissives, I suppose) is that they aren't necessarily making a choice to take on that role. They don't even know what they don't know about other options.

But I do think that you are probably onto something in some respects.

I don't know if it is for those raised in it since they don't really know anything else. For those that go into it as an adult, I can definately see the fetish aspect. For the men, dominating a woman to the point where she is not allowed to have any thought different for her husband screams fetish. I am sure there are women that go into it as a adult and have a submission fetish because I do not understand wanting to be treated as property by my husband. I cannot see how any adult, who has lived a normal life up until that point, goes into this lifestyle without the fetish aspect, no matter how subconscious it may be.

I don't know if it is for those raised in it since they don't really know anything else. For those that go into it as an adult, I can definately see the fetish aspect. For the men, dominating a woman to the point where she is not allowed to have any thought different for her husband screams fetish. I am sure there are women that go into it as a adult and have a submission fetish because I do not understand wanting to be treated as property by my husband. I cannot see how any adult, who has lived a normal life up until that point, goes into this lifestyle without the fetish aspect, no matter how subconscious it may be.

I agree with all of this. For the first generation, it's definitely got to be considered a factor. The younger ones though have been conditioned to believe it's normal, so I'd almost wonder about a reverse effect kicking in, with women dominating in the bedroom more than we realize.

Totally agree. It's the kids that just break my heart :cry: Their idiot mothers, not so much.

Archived