IGNORED

The Peanut butter war

BlondeAgent007

I didn't realize that "tiger" was a substitute for the n-word. :? I learned it as "catch an Indian", and my mom had us switch to tiger for obvious reasons.

Me, too.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah that was me! I asked for a dot free link because its almost impossible to edit on a pad as i am now. She went absoltely apeshit, you'd think id asked for the still beating heart of her firstborn! Trouble is i dont take kindly to such fuckwittage :D

Sola, thanks for making me laugh out loud. I love your word 'fuckwittage'!

Yeah that was me! I asked for a dot free link because its almost impossible to edit on a pad as i am now. She went absoltely apeshit, you'd think id asked for the still beating heart of her firstborn! Trouble is i dont take kindly to such fuckwittage :D

I remember that. I was sitting in the lobby of my OBGYN and it was the first time I was really thankful that he was running so far behind... I could watch it go down.

I remember thinking (and saying) at the time that I don't think she lost her shit over the DOT placement. I think it was more along the lines of her slipping in "I've had such a horrible day/weekend/something" and no one rushed in to pat her little hand. And when she KEPT dropping hints that someone had hurt her little feelings and STILL no one rushed in... well she lost her shit.

Crotch fruit still makes me laugh.

And she still never answered my question about how she could afford a baby when she couldn't afford chocolate Easter eggs for her son's class or an extra $5 a month for sun butter. (<- I didn't mention PEANUT butter!!!!!!!!)

The one I remember ended:

FLIES are in the meadow, bees are in the park

Miss Suzie and her boyfriend are kissing in the

D-A-R-K

D-A-R-K

Dark, dark, dark!

Dark is like a movie,

A movie is a like a show,

A show is like the olden days, and that is all I know

I know I know my ma

I know I know my pa

I know I know sister with the 18 acre bra!

I think there is another verse, but I can't remember it.

And, does any one else remember this other annoying song? (Thank you lambchop!)

This is the song that never ends,

It goes on and on my friends,

Some people,

Started singing it not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on singing it it FOREVER

just because,

This is the song that never....

OH! We had that too! Our last verse was...

I saw her in the ocean

I saw in the sea

I saw her in the washroom

Oops, pardon me!

My mother was Godzilla,

My father was King Kong

My sister is the stupid one who made up this dumb song!

One of ours (I love all these!):

Mickey Mouse, round your house

Pulling down his trousers

Look mum, dirty bum

What colour was it?

[kid picks colour]

And.[colour].you.must.have.on.

If the kid hasn't got the colour on, he or she is out.

We had one kind of like this.

My mom and your mom went to hang out clothes

My mom socked your mom right in the nose

What color was her blood?

Well, I think that there are other people who go nuts- I got cussed at the other day for telling somebody that they shouldn't make fun of little kids and say they're ugly, and if they say "I hate to say this but..." it probably is innapropriate...

Ours was 99 bottles of beer on the wall.

99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer.

Take one down and pass it around, 98 bottles of beer on the wall.

98 bottles of beer on the wall, 98 bottles of beer.

Take one down and pass it around, 97 bottles of beer on the wall.

And so on.

My siblings would sing "take one down, put it back up." Occasionally we would "pass it around." There was also the road trip version:

99 miles to go on our trip

99 miles to go

Step on the gas, I think we can pas

98 mIles to go on our trip

Wow, CJ really did lose her shit over the link thing. Wild. I think I read a few posts of that, got uncomfortable, and went away.

Okay, so the kid's songs. I was taught "eeny meeny" with the n-word, and I had no idea what it meant. A classmate in kindergarten told me that her mother said that was a bad word and we should say tiger instead. (That's so tiger-ist! :P )

I don't remember a lot of the ones mentioned on here. I am with someone who wondered if the one song was a theme song on TV or something.

Now, I've always wondered this: Am I the only person in the world who listened to Breezy records when I was a little kid? Breezy was a singing (dude dressed like a) rabbit. "My name is Breezy, to sing with me is easy..." He sang all the classic children's songs.

I had something else to say but I forget what. Emmiedahl stole my puffins line.

Don't put your dust in our dustbin our dustbin

Don't put your dust in our dustbin our dustbin's full

Fish and chips and vinegar, vinegar,

Fish and chips and vinegar

PEPPER PEPPER SALT!

She was very newly out of Fundyism when she joined here, and rather than being treated with understanding from coming from a place here women are expected to shut up and learning to spread her wings and breathe freely without being told to shut up and get back in the kitchen by the people she was raised to believe were good, she was attacked and told to shut up by people here. She wasn't a whack job. She was just a few months out of fundyism and working hard to move further away. This was a new world for her. She and her husband had to leave behind everything they knew, and she should have been treated with understanding as she found her way in the normal world.

No, she was a total bitch to people over silly things. She was not an innocent victim.

No, she was a total bitch to people over silly things. She was not an innocent victim.

This.

She was very newly out of Fundyism when she joined here, and rather than being treated with understanding from coming from a place here women are expected to shut up and learning to spread her wings and breathe freely without being told to shut up and get back in the kitchen by the people she was raised to believe were good, she was attacked and told to shut up by people here. She wasn't a whack job. She was just a few months out of fundyism and working hard to move further away. This was a new world for her. She and her husband had to leave behind everything they knew, and she should have been treated with understanding as she found her way in the normal world.

Glad to see the unrequited love and massive hard on you still have for CJ haven't made you too crazy to remember reality. Oh wait...

Wow, CJ really did lose her shit over the link thing. Wild. I think I read a few posts of that, got uncomfortable, and went away.

Okay, so the kid's songs. I was taught "eeny meeny" with the n-word, and I had no idea what it meant. A classmate in kindergarten told me that her mother said that was a bad word and we should say tiger instead. (That's so tiger-ist! :P )

I don't remember a lot of the ones mentioned on here. I am with someone who wondered if the one song was a theme song on TV or something.

Now, I've always wondered this: Am I the only person in the world who listened to Breezy records when I was a little kid? Breezy was a singing (dude dressed like a) rabbit. "My name is Breezy, to sing with me is easy..." He sang all the classic children's songs.

I had something else to say but I forget what. Emmiedahl stole my puffins line.

Okay, sorry to bump this, but I need to know about the Breezy thing. Even the internetz seems to barely have heard of him.

I also want you all to know that the "Miss Suzy" song is firmly stuck in my head. Thanks for that. :P

Don't put your dust in our dustbin our dustbin

Don't put your dust in our dustbin our dustbin's full

Fish and chips and vinegar, vinegar,

Fish and chips and vinegar

PEPPER PEPPER SALT!

One bottle of pop, Two bottles of pop, Three bottles of pop, Four bottles of pop, Five bottles of pop, Six bottles of pop, Seven bottles of pop, POP!

Did anyone hace Christingle celebrations at their school? In England most primary schools are Christian and some of them have a Christmas celebration called Christingle where you take an orange (the world) and put a candle in it (Jesus) and a ribbon around it, which is meant to be His love, I think, and then lots of pieces of fruit. It was so magical. We used to sing these two songs:

Christingle Christingle Christingle

Your light shining out so bright

Reminding us all of the saviour

Who was born on that first Christmas night

Light a little candle in my heart

To shine right through the night

Light a little candle

Lord Jesus

Light a little candle

Lord Jesus

And after Brownies we would link our little fingers and sing:

Our Lord our God

Thy children call

Grant us thy peace

And bless us all

Good night, good night.

I'm not religious at all now but I did love singing those songs and they still make me smile. I could go on about the songs we sang in Brownies (Animal Fair, anyone?)

Well, I think that there are other people who go nuts- I got cussed at the other day for telling somebody that they shouldn't make fun of little kids and say they're ugly, and if they say "I hate to say this but..." it probably is innapropriate...

That's not at all the same thing, there is room for disagreement on that issue and that person wasn't necessarily nuts.

That's not at all the same thing, there is room for disagreement on that issue and that person wasn't necessarily nuts.

I feel that cussing at me about it was a little over the top. Because others agreed with me and she didn't react in the same way.

It was over the top wolfie, but I dont think it reaches the insanity of CJ. It was what a 5 post exchange and done? I can't even remember who it was. CJ followed someone around from thread to thread as I recall and was just pretty combative if anyone at all disagreed with her.

It was over the top wolfie, but I dont think it reaches the insanity of CJ. It was what a 5 post exchange and done? I can't even remember who it was. CJ followed someone around from thread to thread as I recall and was just pretty combative if anyone at all disagreed with her.

True.

Seriously? Oh FFS!

Archived