IGNORED

The Peanut butter war

BlondeAgent007

I suddenly recalled coming home from the park after learning that rhyme at age six or seven and being told by my mother that the kids "had the words wrong" and it actually went

"eeny, meeny, miney moe,

catch a tiny by the toe,

if he hollers, let him go,

eeny meeny miney moe"

Yours was nicer than ours was. We did

"if he hollers, make him pay

fifty dollars every day"

(and then "my mother told me to pick the very best one and you are [not] it")

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yours was nicer than ours was. We did

"if he hollers, make him pay

fifty dollars every day"

(and then "my mother told me to pick the very best one and you are [not] it")

Ours was "and you are not it, you dirty dirty dishrag you"

(re: the tiger 'substitution', there's actually some evidence (I'll cite wikipedia because I can't find a better source, so take w/ salt) that it didnt necessarily start as racist, that 'N*" replaced the previous word, then was re-replaced by 'tiger'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eeny,_meeny,_miny,_moe)

Mrs. Suzie had a steamboat

the steamboat had a bell [ding ding]

Mrs. Suzie went to heaven

the steamboat went to

HELLo operator, give me number 9

and if you disconnect me I'll kick you in your

BEHIND the 'frigerator there was a piece of glass

Mrs. Suzie sat upon it and broke her little

ASk me no more questions I'll tell you no more lies

the boys are in the bathroom, making chocolate PIES.

With accompanying hand-slap-game, of course. : )

OMG, I totally forgot that one! :clap: :clap:

the steamboat went to

I learned it like that, except it ended:

The boys are in the bathroom, zipping up their

FLIES are in the city, bees are in the park

If you want to kiss me, kiss me in the dark.

Who stole the cookie from the cookie jar?

Icecreameycakeycake stole the cookie from the cookie jar!

Who me?

Yes you!

Couldn't be!

Then who?

(repeat with next name)

I learned it like that, except it ended:

The boys are in the bathroom, zipping up their

FLIES are in the city, bees are in the park

If you want to kiss me, kiss me in the dark.

Ours ended with

ASk me no more questions

Tell me no more lies

Miss Suzie told me all of this right before she

DIed her hair in purple, she dyed her hair in pink

she died her hair in polka dots and washed it down the

SINK me in the Ocean

Sink me in the Sea

Sink me in the TOilet, but please dont pee on me!

Ours ended with

ASk me no more questions

Tell me no more lies

Miss Suzie told me all of this right before she

DIed her hair in purple, she dyed her hair in pink

she died her hair in polka dots and washed it down the

SINK me in the Ocean

Sink me in the Sea

Sink me in the TOilet, but please dont pee on me!

Ours was very similar to Dawbs's but not quite. Gaw, why can't I remember things today?!?

Ours was very similar to Dawbs's but not quite. Gaw, why can't I remember things today?!?

The one I remember ended:

FLIES are in the meadow, bees are in the park

Miss Suzie and her boyfriend are kissing in the

D-A-R-K

D-A-R-K

Dark, dark, dark!

Dark is like a movie,

A movie is a like a show,

A show is like the olden days, and that is all I know

I know I know my ma

I know I know my pa

I know I know sister with the 18 acre bra!

I think there is another verse, but I can't remember it.

And, does any one else remember this other annoying song? (Thank you lambchop!)

This is the song that never ends,

It goes on and on my friends,

Some people,

Started singing it not knowing what it was,

And they will keep on singing it it FOREVER

just because,

This is the song that never....

We had "catch a fishy by the toe"; which...

Dip dip sky blue

who is it not you

o u t spells out [and if you ended up on the wrong one you added "you go"]

My mummy said

I never should

play with the gypsies in the wood

If I did

she would say

"naughty little girl to disobey!"

One of ours (I love all these!):

Mickey Mouse, round your house

Pulling down his trousers

Look mum, dirty bum

What colour was it?

[kid picks colour]

And.[colour].you.must.have.on.

If the kid hasn't got the colour on, he or she is out.

We had that! It nearly the same only we said 'Mickey Mouse Mickey Mouse, running round the houses'.

Did anyone sing the rude song about Hitler?

Ah, thank you. :? Still don't really know who she is other than a whack job that used to post on FJ. Or am I thinking of someone else?

She was very newly out of Fundyism when she joined here, and rather than being treated with understanding from coming from a place here women are expected to shut up and learning to spread her wings and breathe freely without being told to shut up and get back in the kitchen by the people she was raised to believe were good, she was attacked and told to shut up by people here. She wasn't a whack job. She was just a few months out of fundyism and working hard to move further away. This was a new world for her. She and her husband had to leave behind everything they knew, and she should have been treated with understanding as she found her way in the normal world.

the steamboat went to

I never heard that ending!

She was very newly out of Fundyism when she joined here, and rather than being treated with understanding from coming from a place here women are expected to shut up and learning to spread her wings and breathe freely without being told to shut up and get back in the kitchen by the people she was raised to believe were good, she was attacked and told to shut up by people here. She wasn't a whack job. She was just a few months out of fundyism and working hard to move further away. This was a new world for her. She and her husband had to leave behind everything they knew, and she should have been treated with understanding as she found her way in the normal world.

Really? We're going to play the "let's rewrite what really happened" game?

Are you being serious? :roll:

Are you being serious? :roll:

I remember when she totally lost it and started berating someone who asked for a link to be broken without the DOT - it was like that person had attacked her. And she was totally resistant to the idea that other people's experience of browsing the internet could be different than hers. After a while, people stopped being patient with her. Recovering from fundy-ism doesn't give you a license to be a bitch. I understand moodiness and snapping occasionally, but she never ever acknowledged or apologized.

I remember when she totally lost it and started berating someone who asked for a link to be broken without the DOT - it was like that person had attacked her. And she was totally resistant to the idea that other people's experience of browsing the internet could be different than hers. After a while, people stopped being patient with her. Recovering from fundy-ism doesn't give you a license to be a bitch. I understand moodiness and snapping occasionally, but she never ever acknowledged or apologized.

She was also totally resistant to the idea that women truly can have "I didn't know I was pregnant" experiences. But the hive was attacking her. There was even a meeting of the Secret PM Army to prove it!

I remember when she totally lost it and started berating someone who asked for a link to be broken without the DOT - it was like that person had attacked her. And she was totally resistant to the idea that other people's experience of browsing the internet could be different than hers. After a while, people stopped being patient with her.

She was totally resistant to the idea that other people's experiences in anything could be different than hers. She didn't believe that teachers should fight for better pay because her husband worked for the school system and EVERY SINGLE ONE of the teachers made more money than him, trufax. Of course, the teachers' union had just finished helping out her husband with some problem he had with the administration, but that was immaterial.

It also took some convincing to make her believe that doctors would not agree to permanently sterilize young women who wanted it because she had been offered a tubal ligation more than once. Of course, she was poor, already married and had multiple children by her mid-20s. Hopefully developing some nuanced thinking skills has been part of her transition from fundieism. I'm glad she's made the progress she was after.

One of the fun things about having daughters was doing those hand-clapping games REALLY fast, while hubby looked at us as if we were nuts.

As for violent kids' songs...

Picture a cowboy all dressed in red

Fell off his saddle, bashed in his head

There was blood on the saddle, blood all around

And a great big puddle of blood on the ground.

Second verse, same as the first

A little bit louder and a little bit worse

I'm a girl and I suck at clapping games :lol: we did a drinking game which was also a clapping game last week when I went to visit some friends and guess who had to drink the most?

Yeah that was me! I asked for a dot free link because its almost impossible to edit on a pad as i am now. She went absoltely apeshit, you'd think id asked for the still beating heart of her firstborn! Trouble is i dont take kindly to such fuckwittage :D

Archived