IGNORED

Church sign....

Koala

I believe it is "swing a DEAD cat", I just forgot that part.

So now god does Pilates??

I always heard it as "can't swing a dead cat." But yes, it is very much a southernism.

'Can't swing a cat' is a common expression here in Britain, so it isn't just a US Southernism. It's possible that the expression originates with the former use of the cat o' nine tails (a type of whip) as a punishment in the British navy.

i'm suddenly reminded of an old favorite website of bad album covers, including:

75-1.jpg

That one needs Dougie's head Photoshopped onto one of the guys.

I've heard the "can't swing a dead cat" up here in Canada too, I always thought it was pretty common.

I drove by a sign at a car rental place today that said "Did Noah keep the bees in an archive?" It took me a while, but once I got it, it was pretty funny.

I drove by a sign at a car rental place today that said "Did Noah keep the bees in an archive?" It took me a while, but once I got it, it was pretty funny.

Tee hee! ;)

That one needs Dougie's head Photoshopped onto one of the guys.

i'm pretty sure that's dougie on the far left...

saw this one on the 4th

62C64950-orig.jpg

Oh, doggie that's great (or awful). My first thought was, "Who put (death obsessed) Steve Maxwell in charge of that sign?".

Reason.jpg

This one just makes me sad. I've always preferred "Faith and reason are the shoes on your feet. You can go farther with both than you can with just one."

I've never heard that phrase before but it's hilarious! Is it a Southernism? (Yeah I just made that up.)

I don't think it is... my family's from the Ottawa Valley (Canada) and I've heard it quite a bit around there.

Archived