IGNORED

US redefines rape; adds men, others as victims

doggie

Fighting back can get you killed.

Not fighting back can get you killed. That is why different people give different advice about what to do if you are in rape situation. There is no one way that works best because it depends on how the rapist reacts to the victims reaction.

Yeah, adding men to the definition was the most important thing to add to rape laws. After all, women are treated completely fairly now when they make a rape report.

/big, fat, hairy sarcasm :roll:

:) I expected nothing less from you really.

Does this change things for women, no. Does this really change things for men, no.

My question for you is, until women are "treated completely fairly", should men have no right to be included in anything? When you spout off like this it gives me the impression that you think only crimes can be committed against women. And men, as a side effect, have nothing bad happen to them ever.

Should crimes only be considered crimes when they happen against women?

Not fighting back can get you killed. That is why different people give different advice about what to do if you are in rape situation. There is no one way that works best because it depends on how the rapist reacts to the victims reaction.

I did not say fighting back "will" get you killed. I said "can". Make a note. I never said one way is the right way or only way. Every victim should do whatever they can to keep themselves alive. My comment was in response the idea that a victim must fight back in order for it to be considered rape, not to in any way assert what a woman should or should not do in that situation. At all.

When I was sexually assaulted, a weapon was held to my body the entire time, so I didn't have much choice. I wanted to live.

is that not what is supposed to happen to Mormon woman fight to the death?

is that not what is supposed to happen to Mormon woman fight to the death?

Dunno, I know there is a Catholic Saint who was killed when she refused to let two neighbour boys rape her and she became a saint for giving up her life to protect her purity. All of which is known because they found some bones of a 12-14 year old girl somewhere.

What you are supposed to do, like Austin said, is what ever you can to stay alive. Even if it means not fighting back.

Archived