IGNORED

Bill Maher takes on Tim Tebow and feels the wrath

lilwriter85

I've wondered the same thing. It really isn't my business but so many Christians make a big deal out of purity, I can't help but be curious.

:oops: So I'll admit - sometimes I have this kinky attraction to fundie virgin guys. But not in this case. TT actually repulses me.

Athletes have been praying and genuflecting and blessing themselves and pointing skyward and kissing the crucifix around their neck for ages. I doubt fundies get that warm fuzzy Tebow love-feeling when a Dominican shortstop makes the sign of the cross before coming to the plate. They've just chosen a clean-cut guy who happened to win a big award to adopt as their persecuted poster-child. Maher works my nerves, but Tebow works my very last one.

Yup, other athletes have been genuflecting and blessing themselves way before Tebow has. Some people on tumblr, Facebook have mentioned that to the Tebow lovers. On Facebook, one of my friends who hates Tebow and the attention he gets for so-called "Tebowing" posted some pics of other current and former NFL players genuflecting, blessing themselves, praying with teammates etc to show the Tebow lovers that "Tebowing" isn't original. One of pics my friend posted is of Rod Woodson and Rod is devout Christian but he doesn't shove his beliefs down other people's throats.Several past and current NFL players are the same way, they may mention their beliefs once in awhile, but they don't constantly talk about their beliefs. I think a lot of Christian NFL players former and current try to keep football and religion separate and a lot aren't vocal about their beliefs publicly the way "golden boy" Tebow is.

Jon Acuff at SCL made a post regarding Tebow and Terrell Suggs' recent comments and I find Jon's posting to be a bit smug.

http://www.jonacuff.com/stuffchristians ... -football/

Tonight, Tom Brady plays the biggest game of his life. It's Brady vs God.

I don't believe in any god but I will be praying on my knees that Brady wins and Tebow goes away for eight months. I am so beyond tired of hearing his name.

No, he is not the first Christian to ever play football or any other sport for that matter. Look at any team - all the teams - before a game and you will see a number of players gathered in prayer. It's just that most of them don't need to advertise their faith or their beliefs so they have made a name for themselves as a team and as players of the game.

Although I am a football fan, I don't normally care about AFC games. My team is NFC and I don't have the attention span to pay attention to or care about the whole NFL. But today, I will be a Patriots fan through and through.

I'm also rooting for the Pats tonight and I think they will likely win. The Broncos got lucky last week because of some injuries to the Steelters. I don't care much for Big Ben as a person, but he is more talented than Tebow as a QF. After a losS tonight, Tebow will be forgotten for awhile. The people who think of them as an elite QB will also forget about him and focus on more talented players during the conference championships and the Super Bowl. I don't see Tebow ever joining the ranks of elite QB's. The Heisman curse will always effect him. Cam Newton will likely be the one to have a better career in the NFL than Tebow.

I'll be here during the game tomorrow, I am from a Steeler's Family and we were very pissed off last Sunday, and I'm telling you, I had to drop someone from facebook because of the assumption that its' Tebow or you are hell bound. I think he's using his religion to market himself and it's sickening. TONS of athletes display some thanks to their God, and he is not unique at all in that. This is mob mentality at it's worse.

All I have to say is GO PATS!

That was fabulous.

I was never a fan of Jimmy Fallon when he was on SNL, but he's really come to his own on his talk show. And I love his musical bits, so funny.

I'm also rooting for the Pats tonight and I think they will likely win. The Broncos got lucky last week because of some injuries to the Steelters. I don't care much for Big Ben as a person, but he is more talented than Tebow as a QF. After a losS tonight, Tebow will be forgotten for awhile. The people who think of them as an elite QB will also forget about him and focus on more talented players during the conference championships and the Super Bowl. I don't see Tebow ever joining the ranks of elite QB's. The Heisman curse will always effect him. Cam Newton will likely be the one to have a better career in the NFL than Tebow.

Big Ben is a local boy, and yeah, he always a huge asshole. We yell at him all the time during the games, he's probably our least favorite player. Heinz Ward, Troy Palomolo and Brett Keisel are our favorites. I want to run my fingers through Troy's hair :)

Big Ben is a local boy, and yeah, he always a huge asshole. We yell at him all the time during the games, he's probably our least favorite player. Heinz Ward, Troy Palomolo and Brett Keisel are our favorites. I want to run my fingers through Troy's hair :)

I'll be here during the game tomorrow, I am from a Steeler's Family and we were very pissed off last Sunday, and I'm telling you, I had to drop someone from facebook because of the assumption that its' Tebow or you are hell bound. I think he's using his religion to market himself and it's sickening. TONS of athletes display some thanks to their God, and he is not unique at all in that. This is mob mentality at it's worse.

All I have to say is GO PATS!

This. I agree Tebow marketing himself through religion is sickening and it started back in his college days. Back then he was allowed to put Bible verses on his eye black tape. In the NFL, his "tebowing" is worse. I just got finished watching the 49ers/Saints game and there are a few 49ers who are much better athletes than Tebow and the media doesn't give them a lot of attention. Tebow isn't anything special as an athlete.

I never in my life thought I would be cheering for the Pats. I loathe Tom Brady, but I loathe Tebow even more. Also, when he "Tebows" he looks like he's trying to fight off a headache.

I never in my life thought I would be cheering for the Pats. I loathe Tom Brady, but I loathe Tebow even more. Also, when he "Tebows" he looks like he's trying to fight off a headache.

I also loathe Tom Brady and loathe Tebow more. Brady at least lives up to the hype. Tebow doesn't.

Archived