IGNORED

Craziest statement/judgement/scolding you heard from a Fundy

holierthanyou

Ah, reading this thread is bringing them back. Fundie a few days after a 9/11 anniversary:

"I think Jesus would have supported limited tactical nuclear strikes on the Middle East. And I can prove that from the Bible."

Unsurprisingly, he couldn't.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I remember I went on a mission trip in 1998 to Maine with the youth group when I was 14. We took a day trip to this small fishing village. We had some free time to walk around and shop. I found this quaint little record store and bought two Stevie Nicks records (Bella Donna and Wild Heart). Stevie Nicks is my idol. Anywho, driving back from out excursion, my minister spotted my records and he said: "Stevie Nicks? She practices witchcraft! How can you listen to her music?" He was clearly pissed. He then proceeded to lecture me about listening to her music and how I'm letting "evil" influences into my life by listening to her. :roll: For the record (pun intended), I still have those albums and my (former) minster can fuck off. He's the biggest hypocrite of all.

OH I LOVE Stevie Nicks! Two great Albums... Will join you in Hell singing and dancing along to those :D

Not only should they be required to clean it up, but first required to SIT IN IT so they know how it is for us, and why it's such a 'big deal'.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

It was election time and I went to my local polling place to vote. I was wearing my shirt that says "Come to the dark side, we have cookies." A woman read my shirt and says "Come to the dark side? You want people to join Satan?!" I said, "Just let me vote."

Guest Anonymous

Ok this is therapy.lol My husband was friends with this guy from hs, who turned into a complete fundy and had the wife who was just evil. So when she first met me we had come back to my husbands hometown and I was invited to a bbq so we picked up beers, ya big nono and i was in a tanktop and cutoffs, this is my 1st run in with fundies ever and she opens the door looks me up and down and says straight to my face wow I always new @@@ would want to marry a trashy woman but not one this slutty. UHM ya, I was so shocked I didn't respond.

Then a few years later same couple met us at a hotel, i know but dh always said his friends married a crazy bitch and he had to cut the man some slack, so they came over to go swimming, by this point I was so annoyed I put on a bikini just to piss her off and she brings a bag of clothes for my daughter and says, someone gave me these but I refuse to dress my daughter like a slut and I thought they would be perfect for you! OK my daughter was 4 months old! I was so pissed. Her poor daughter was going on and on about how beautiful my clothes where but this mom felt nice clothing was bad so she literally dressed her kids in rags, and herself at all times.

My only payback was she got pregnant with her husbands friends child so she was only modest in clothing. I also banned my husband from ever talking to this family again, if it was a few years later I would have punched her in the throat, but at the time I was just stunned. Yep but it still irks me I didn't do anything but say my husbands name and make him get them away from me. Oh another thing I noticed she was overweight, so why is it overweight women always pull the modesty card?

She also sent me to Train up a Child and to be a helpmeet and new Bill Gothard personally. The lady was INSANE! To bad she doesn't have a blog.

In high school, I once had a friend tell me that Harry Potter was anti-christian, which was why we couldn't go watch one of the movies one night.

This was particularly weird because the night before, we were playing D&D.

We are no longer friends -- after the graduation party for my twin brother any myself, she proclaimed that it wasn't like "he really graduated. Everyone knows that the TA's do all the special ed kids work for them."

Archived