IGNORED

OMG - New Maxwell Post

skankbiscuit

Yes, the original "intended" blogs here:

simplysanctified.wordpress.com/

wow, she's really pretty! she looks older, though, does anyone know how old she's supposed to be? it could be she looks older because of her hairstyle and makeup.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

wow, she's really pretty! she looks older, though, does anyone know how old she's supposed to be? it could be she looks older because of her hairstyle and makeup.

She seems so normal and then there's "I went to Journey to the Heart as kitchen staff, yay IBLP!!!" Creepy. But yeah, I think Steve must have been horrified at her enjoyment of life. Also, her family seems pretty standard conservative Christian...Samuel Titus and Elizabeth Marie look downright normal in their clothing and behaviors.

My guess is she's probably pushing 30 since she was (at first) considered an appropriate spouse for Christopher, who is older than Sarah Maxwell (and she's almost 30).

My guess is she's probably pushing 30 since she was (at first) considered an appropriate spouse for Christopher, who is older than Sarah Maxwell (and she's almost 30).

yikes, i was thinking she looks like she's pushing 35 or more. again, i think it's the hair/makeup combo; it just ages her.

John is legal,I think he is 21,maybe 22. :mrgreen:

I think NR Anna can use pregnancy for an excuse not to go, but I really want to see her baby bump.(Come on Steve, get us a picture to prove Christopher impregnated his wife)

Maybe Christopher is off photographing one of the ultimate modest, Christian weddings today and he had to leave before the big book party? He did do Dan & Bethany's wedding, as well as a Bradrick brother and didn't he also just do one of the former Interns who is a buddy of Peter Bradrick? Meaning, he's kind in as far as fundie weddings go (I can't imagine his clientele is outside certain fundie circles, and I can't imagine one in those circles having many acceptable, Christian photographer choices).

Just speculating. My own version of Fanfic, or something. But, they do tend to all know each other, even if it's by degrees of separation. The big wig fundies have a very small world.

Maybe Christopher is off photographing one of the ultimate modest, Christian weddings today and he had to leave before the big book party? He did do Dan & Bethany's wedding, as well as a Bradrick brother and didn't he also just do one of the former Interns who is a buddy of Peter Bradrick? Meaning, he's kind in as far as fundie weddings go (I can't imagine his clientele is outside certain fundie circles, and I can't imagine one in those circles having many acceptable, Christian photographer choices).

Just speculating. My own version of Fanfic, or something. But, they do tend to all know each other, even if it's by degrees of separation. The big wig fundies have a very small world.

OMG, you don't suppose he was photographing the Cleve wedding, do you?

OMG, you don't suppose he was photographing the Cleve wedding, do you?

Do the Cleve family dance? Cause dancing is a big no-no for Christopher I believe.

Also, CM is possibly the only photographer in the world who could make Cleve and Lise look ugly.

John is legal,I think he is 21,maybe 22. :mrgreen:

I think NR Anna can use pregnancy for an excuse not to go, but I really want to see her baby bump.(Come on Steve, get us a picture to prove Christopher impregnated his wife)

LOL. she could be 9 months pregnant and we won't see a bump under those baggie frumpers.

LOL. she could be 9 months pregnant and we won't see a bump under those baggie frumpers.

Which makes those frumpers so economical! You can wear them pregnant or not! Genius, really.

Oh yeah, I forgot about the dancing. It was fun to imagine for just a bit though. My brain is a very interesting place to be when I let it go wherever it wants to.

That's just the saddest thing I've ever read. My heart literally aches for Sarah Maxwell. I'm about a year older than her, and I just can't fathom living her life at the age of 15, let alone 30.

Whoever said that's "not a party, it's a Tuesday" nailed it. Sad, sad, sad.

Yeah, the whole "Moody" premise of the party is pretty wierd. Hide & seek???? Pull a dresser out and hide behind it, and no one noticed????? :roll:

I'm sure this is old news to most, but I still can't get over that she writes a book series and names the family . . . Moody.

The Moody Family, written by a member of the moody family.

I'm sure this is old news to most, but I still can't get over that she writes a book series and names the family . . . Moody.

The Moody Family, written by a member of the moody family.

Ha! Indeed. Excellent observation.

Ha! Indeed. Excellent observation.

Whenever the books are mentioned, I just shake my head and think "She named them Moody. She. actually. named. them.

Moody."

:doh:

They actually had "real food"! "chicken (Dad barbecued it), broccoli in cheese sauce, seasoned roasted potatoes, home-made garlic bread, and then for dessert: cookie dough pizza" I think this is the first time aside from Thanksgiving I've seen them have meat has an actual main dish (not just a tiny bit in a strombolli, etc.)

Yeah, the whole "Moody" premise of the party is pretty wierd. Hide & seek???? Pull a dresser out and hide behind it, and no one noticed????? :roll:

Wondered if he bbq'ed one chicken wing per person? Or chicken tenders? That would be a skimpy Maxwell type meal. One piece of meat, one potato, one slice of thin garlic bread and one tiny slice of cookie. Then go and pray about it, and get up extra early to do those pushups and exercise to make sure the weight stays off.

I feel sorry for the kids and once I wrote a comment scolding Teri and Steve over how they treated their children. That didn't get published.

I know a lot of people here have said that Christopher has given them a creepy feeling but honestly I get the opposite from him.

I think he was dying to get married so he could distance himself from the family. With Christopher and NR-Anna being missing from recent events and Steve's weird comments about giving them space, I think Christopher has made a bit of a break from the family.

Christopher is old enough to remember a "normal" life, maybe he wants that for his family.

In the recent pics of Anna and Christopher, they seem very happy and their body language is very warm and caring.

Nathan and Melanie have always made the pregnancy announcements on their blog - I have always thought it was saying something that Melanie herself "gets" to make these special announcements in her own blog posts.

Did Christopher make the pregnancy announcement - or did Sarah?

Abby and Bethany are adorable. John is quite adorable too, but in a totally different way. Ha, I accidentally typed John is quite doable. My iPad is quite defrauding.

Christopher is old enough to remember a "normal" life, maybe he wants that for his family.
Yeah. I do hope so.

Kinda related, I guess, but sometimes I wonder just who has the worst of it - Sarah or Mary. Sometimes I think Mary, because she's youngest (only 15) and so can't really remember a time before Steve came home permanently (I'm not sure when they started the nursing home church, though - I should go check). She's never had a taste of anything else - but then again, maybe that means she really doesn't know what she's missing. Plus, she's young, IF she were to somehow be spirited off to some other world (say, a more or less ordinary working class city high school student life in the Midwest, even - shocking!) she's got time.

Whereas Sarah, she does remember a previous life (there are photos of her in PANTS), and if she's 30(?) she's getting to a point where most ordinary people are at least somewhat well along the path they plan to take in life, even if they're still in training for it, they have a pretty good sense of self by then, and if she were to make some radical leap it'd be a lot of catching up to do.

I suppose it's completely none of my business at all but probably my best hope for her would be she marries out to someone she actually likes but who, as it turns out, is willing to move them apart from the hive, at least a little. Of course a happy married life for Sarah probably includes children, and so I hope it happens soon. In 100% all sincerity. :pray:

They just seem to have so few chances to meet others... maybe at the Family Economics Conference. Maybe. We can hope.

In the recent pics of Anna and Christopher, they seem very happy and their body language is very warm and caring.

Nathan and Melanie have always made the pregnancy announcements on their blog - I have always thought it was saying something that Melanie herself "gets" to make these special announcements in her own blog posts.

Did Christopher make the pregnancy announcement - or did Sarah?

I think Steve confirmed a not-so-oblique hint that either he or Sarah posted regarding NRAnna.

'Fess up! Who replied as "Rebecca KKKKKKKKK!!!KK?" I nearly feel off the chair laughing.

Abby and Bethany are adorable. John is quite adorable too, but in a totally different way. Ha, I accidentally typed John is quite doable. My iPad is quite defrauding.

Heh. Maybe you have that magic computer that manages to type what you mean, not what you input :D I can understand...!

The pic of him, Anna, and Abby really does look like a normal suburban American family, yeah? If it were Dad, Mom, and child.

I'm not sure where people are getting that the Maxwells are stingy with food. The family does not look starved and they've been shown to be proficient with baking. That much experience in baking tells me they aren't fasting on a regular basis. I've followed the Maxwells for many years and I remembered Steve and some of the kids looking a bit tubby during their younger years. Steve noted that food was a constant issue for him and it appeared the entire family had gone on a diet a few years back, but nothing drastic. Plus, I feel they've put more stress on exercising recently (which is good). I guess I don't see the monastic diet that others are implying. Their daily recipe seem ok. My own family rare eats baked goods and our desserts consists of fruit so I actually find the Maxwell diet on the unhealthy side at times with their cheesecakes and frosted cookies (I dislike both because they're typically too sweet). They could use more greens in their diet if anything. However, my motto is moderation in everything. The Maxwells are probably careful about not being gluttons, but I'm not sure that's unhealthy.

Guest Anonymous

YPestis - one year on somone's (Steve's?) birthday he doled out two animal crackers to each family member as a special treat. That's stingy with a side helping of bizarre.

Archived