IGNORED

OMG - New Maxwell Post

skankbiscuit

It's so weird that they made her change her name. My uncle married a woman with the same name as one of his sisters, and we just thought it was funny. There's hardly ever any confusion, and if there is it's really not a big deal.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what pappy Maxwell thinks of Christopher and NR Anna not being able to make it to the family home for the night? That can't really go over well, can it? What could Christopher possibly have had going on that would separate him from the family? Doesn't he work in one of the family businesses? NR Anna's family is out of state. They can't actually have...friends? Church? Lives? Interests outside the family fold, can they? Christopher is a daddy clone in every way possible. Sometimes I see him as more Steve-like than Steve. Is NR Anna making an impression on him? Is she limiting time inside the obsessive, oppressive fold of the Maxwell clan?

I know, not likely. But, damn. That is something awesome to imaging.

Haha, we make those cookie pizza's in the store I work at. Either a sugar cookie with a cream cheese type bottom layer, covered with all sorts of fruit or a pizza crust with a ranch bottom layer with all sorts of raw veggies on it. Big friggin' whoop you no-fun Maxwells.

Kelsey on Cooking Channel made a really simple cookie pizza. I'd send them that recipe, which I'm sure beats theirs by a mile, but Steve would ban me the minute he found out that the recipe had Mormon roots.

Oh, come on, now. We all know, and so do their readers, that the Moodys are just the Maxwells in drag. I'm surprised the oldest Moody daughter isn't named Mary Sue!

I wonder what pappy Maxwell thinks of Christopher and NR Anna not being able to make it to the family home for the night? That can't really go over well, can it? What could Christopher possibly have had going on that would separate him from the family? Doesn't he work in one of the family businesses? NR Anna's family is out of state. They can't actually have...friends? Church? Lives? Interests outside the family fold, can they? Christopher is a daddy clone in every way possible. Sometimes I see him as more Steve-like than Steve. Is NR Anna making an impression on him? Is she limiting time inside the obsessive, oppressive fold of the Maxwell clan?

I know, not likely. But, damn. That is something awesome to imaging.

For some reason, I've always suspected that there is something not quite right between Pa Maxwell and Christopher. It wouldn't surprise me if in these patriarchal families, there isn't a favored son status for the first born. Pa Maxwell and Nathan seem to be quite close and share their business ventures, whereas Christopher seems to be more on his own. Also, to me, Christopher has always seemed to be different from the rest of the sons in the family.

Do you think John has *any* idea how well he would do out on the open (dating) market?

Ooooo, I just had a good idea -- we should find his email address and start sending him our thoughts on him escaping from the family! Certainly he and Joseph must have a website for their construction business, right? Hmmmm...

For some reason, I've always suspected that there is something not quite right between Pa Maxwell and Christopher. It wouldn't surprise me if in these patriarchal families, there isn't a favored son status for the first born. Pa Maxwell and Nathan seem to be quite close and share their business ventures, whereas Christopher seems to be more on his own. Also, to me, Christopher has always seemed to be different from the rest of the sons in the family.

Interesting thought. And it may explain why Stevie went on and on about death at Christopher and NR-Anna's wedding. Hmmmmmm...

Ooooo, I just had a good idea -- we should find his email address and start sending him our thoughts on him escaping from the family! Certainly he and Joseph must have a website for their construction business, right? Hmmmm...

Oh yes they do!!

The "And Sons Maxwell Construction Company".

leavenworthconstruction.com/

Oh yes they do!!

The "And Sons Maxwell Construction Company".

leavenworthconstruction.com/

Oh, my! But no email address! Maybe we'll just have to call him.

The website is such a fail. Did anyone bother to proof the usability? I could only read about the first 100 words on their home page before I got bored.

Wait, they didn't invite anyone else to their "party"?! I didn't read the post, but that does sound like... any evening at home.
I had to read it twice, myself. When I saw the headline I thought "wow, they're really branching out, I mean, a Bible study with the neighbors and now a readership party!" but alas, no.

Of course, I'm not sure how many actual Moody book readers live within easy commute distance to Leavenworth prison, I mean, Chez Maxwell in the first place. They don't distribute to regular bookstores as far as I know.

Speaking of which, this post too, immediately on the heels of the last one, has a distinct whiff of advertising about it. Imagine that.

The website is such a fail. Did anyone bother to proof the usability? I could only read about the first 100 words on their home page before I got bored.

looks like they took website building tips from josh duggar

It's like they approached their party as a promotional launch event for the book, and we're the guests/audience. (Well, not us as in FJers, but their readers in general.)

And he always seems to be dropping in to help in their cooking pictures, doesn't he? I appreciate a guy who enjoys cooking and knows his way around a kitchen.

I would appreciate John changing my oil, doing the laundry, laying around in his undies...whatever he wants! :drool:

I wonder if Steve had something to do with Christopher and his 1st courtship/fiance breaking up - and Chris is still pissed. I agree, something doesn't seem right. Nathan is still ever-present, but not Christopher and NRA. Christopher lives next door to Nathan, right?

I wonder if Steve had something to do with Christopher and his 1st courtship/fiance breaking up - and Chris is still pissed. I agree, something doesn't seem right. Nathan is still ever-present, but not Christopher and NRA. Christopher lives next door to Nathan, right?

i didn't know chris was courting before anna

Oh, you KNOW Stevie had something to do with that breakup! We should ask him to write a Dad's Corner on that one (bwah ha ha!). They were engaged, even! You don't do a courtship and graduate to an engagement and then break up without some serious interventions. My thought at the time was that Christopher's "intended" was just more worldly and stylish and ambitious than what would fit into the increasingly oppressive model of the Maxwell family. I actually follow her blog and she is still single but enjoys her job and travels and still looks cute in her conservative clothes. She would have HATED living with the Maxwells, and definitely dodged a bullet there.

I wonder if his fiance (Sarah?) was scared away by Steve, and Chris was heartbroken. I just can't imagine Chris breaking up with someone like her - sweet, fun, pretty, and devout.

Oh, you KNOW Stevie had something to do with that breakup! We should ask him to write a Dad's Corner on that one (bwah ha ha!). They were engaged, even! You don't do a courtship and graduate to an engagement and then break up without some serious interventions. My thought at the time was that Christopher's "intended" was just more worldly and stylish and ambitious than what would fit into the increasingly oppressive model of the Maxwell family. I actually follow her blog and she is still single but enjoys her job and travels and still looks cute in her conservative clothes. She would have HATED living with the Maxwells, and definitely dodged a bullet there.

she has a blog?? link, please!

I wonder if his fiance (Sarah?) was scared away by Steve, and Chris was heartbroken. I just can't imagine Chris breaking up with someone like her - sweet, fun, pretty, and devout.

I agree!

And then the woman he married -- plain as all get-out (although I think she's pretty in her own way), frumper fan, willing to wear an ugly wedding dress. That must have felt more "safe" for Stevie.

Did you see that Sarah changed that exact paragraph you quoted to make it sound less creepy?

Maybe she does actually read FJ?!

HA! We know Steve does, at least...I went to check the post again a few minutes after my original post and it had already been changed. I am certain Steve has to approve the blog posts.

Sarah's horribly stilted writing strikes again:

Her Daddy reads them aloud to her, after Bible time, since she can’t read yet, and it is a daily, looked-forward-to event for Abby.

Looked-forward-to event? Redundant and non-sensical. I can only imagine how bad those Moody books are.

I think there may be something brewing between Steve and Christopher and NR-Anna. Steve's uncharacteristically curt response about giving Christopher and Anna their privacy might be indicative of some conflict there. We're always hearing about Nathan and his family, and I've never sensed that Steve cares about questions about Nathan. Nathan is always mentioned on the blog, even if it's just to pimp the 1TonRamp. Why don't they mention Christopher's photography business?

Yeah, something is weird (or weirder than usual) with this family. And, yes, John is hot. How old is he?

My reaction to that post was pretty much "OMG" as well. They are SO weird. This part especially made me think WTF?

Get a mental picture of a character that wouldn't be accurate? Isn't the whole series pretty much based on their family anyway?

Also, just because they're not creative enough to form their own mental images of a book character, doesn't mean everyone else is the same way. For example, seeing a movie based on a book. I always try to read a book before seeing the movie that's based on it. Even after seeing a movie I have no problem holding on to my inital perception of a character I developed from reading about them.

Also WTF at Sarah thinking it's creative to hide behind a dresser instead of next to it.

It would have been odd for the Maxwells to dress up like the Moodys because the Moody children are little kids. I think the oldest is a 12-year-old boy and the youngest are baby twins. The Maxwells would have had to dress up like the Moody grandparents or the elderly neighbors.

The hide-and-seek games in the book struck me as weird because the parents play with the kids. In the world I consider normal, kids play hide-and-seek with other kids, usually outdoors.

Archived