IGNORED

OMG - New Maxwell Post

skankbiscuit

:roll:

So they all had a party to celebrate Sarah's book release. They were going to dress up as the characters of the book, but then realized the blog readers wouldn't know who was who or some crap.

Uh...you base what you do at a family party based on how the blog readers would react? Seriously? That was just the strangest thing to read.

Also, just to let you know they WILL NOT be sharing their recipe for Cookie Pizza because it might go into a new Moody Book. So don't ask!

This was one of the strangest blog posts I have read yet....

edited to add: Sarah just changed the first paragraph of the post. She now says they did not dress up because she wanted people to be able to create the pictures of the Moodys themselves. :roll: Stevie must have read it an realized it made them sound horrible.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
cookie pizza?!

It's a sugar cookie crust, then you can put on fruit or other toppings on it. See? Didn't even need their dumb recipe.

Oh noes they are not going to give us the recipe for cookie pizza!!!11!!!111!!!

Whew, thank heavens searching cookie pizza on google only yields 44,500,000 results.

And that John just keeps getting hotter and hotter.

They actually had "real food"! "chicken (Dad barbecued it), broccoli in cheese sauce, seasoned roasted potatoes, home-made garlic bread, and then for dessert: cookie dough pizza" I think this is the first time aside from Thanksgiving I've seen them have meat has an actual main dish (not just a tiny bit in a strombolli, etc.)

Yeah, the whole "Moody" premise of the party is pretty wierd. Hide & seek???? Pull a dresser out and hide behind it, and no one noticed????? :roll:

My reaction to that post was pretty much "OMG" as well. They are SO weird. This part especially made me think WTF?

We seriously contemplated everyone “being†a character, but the problem was, when I would do a blog post, and said who was who, you would get a mental picture of a character, which wouldn’t be accurate. So, we opted not to do that part.

Get a mental picture of a character that wouldn't be accurate? Isn't the whole series pretty much based on their family anyway?

Also, just because they're not creative enough to form their own mental images of a book character, doesn't mean everyone else is the same way. For example, seeing a movie based on a book. I always try to read a book before seeing the movie that's based on it. Even after seeing a movie I have no problem holding on to my inital perception of a character I developed from reading about them.

Also WTF at Sarah thinking it's creative to hide behind a dresser instead of next to it.

Edited for typo.

My reaction to that post was pretty much "OMG" as well. They are SO weird. This part especially made me think WTF?

Get a mental picture of a character that wouldn't be accurate? Isn't the whole series pretty much based on their family anyway?

Also, just because they're not creative enough to form their own mental images of a book character, doesn't mean everyone else is the same way. For example, seeing a movie based on a book. I always try to read a book before seeing the movie that's based on it. Even after seeing a movie I have no problem holding on to my inital perception of a character I developed from reading about them.

Also WTF at Sarah thinking it's creative to hide behind a dresser instead of next to it.

Edited for typo.

Did you see that Sarah changed that exact paragraph you quoted to make it sound less creepy?

This post is almost all anyone needs to see the failures of the life Steve created for his family. His almost 30 year old daughter is intellectually on par with most 12 year old's, not further. She certainly couldn't hold her own with any 30 year old I know.

Such a fun party...the family, and no one else, again. How, exactly, is that different than the other 364 days of the year? What made it a party? An actual dinner menu? Dessert? Playing, for *gasp* fun, even if they did only get to do it because the Moodys did it.

I'm all for family entertainment being appropriate for all ages, but two young children - one a toddler who probably doesn't have a clue - and the rest adults, and their evening entertainment for all is hide & seek, only after bible time, of course.

Lastly, for all of you who are just dying to know how to make that awesome (er, boring) looking cookie pizza, but don't have the patience to wait for the next Moody book, may I suggest a Google search? "Pizza Cookie" or, getting creative and searching for "Cookie Pizza", return some fantastic looking pizza cookies. Seriously. I don't like sweets, but I think I might like to dive face first into this one, one of the first hits:

https://www.facebook.com/notes/dove-cho ... 3807121059

eTA link x2 because eating a link does not indication why I edited a post

The picture of John (looking SMOKING HOT) Anna, and Abby looks like they are a married couple with a toddler. Just sayin'

Did you see that Sarah changed that exact paragraph you quoted to make it sound less creepy?

No, I copied it from the post that came through in my Google reader. I just went to their actual blog and now see the edited version:

We seriously contemplated everyone “being†a Moody character. However, a blog post of the celebration would have given you a “picture†of some of the characters. I have purposely left how each person in the Moody book looks up to your imagination. So, we opted not to do that part.

It does sound a little better worded that way.

This is just an average weekend night for my family. This is not a party. Having a meal, playing some games, etc isn't a party - it's just an average middle class "family night". A party usually involves actually inviting other people over and having some music and merriment or some shit.

Anna and Christopher were smart to say "uh, we're busy"

I'm trying to imagine a bunch of adults - stone-cold sober adults - all deciding that it would be super fun to spend the evening playing hide and seek. And then not even being able to find three of the players. And admitting to all of this on the internet. They are so weird.

Guest Anonymous

So bizaare!

In my family, the conversation would run something like: "Shall we all dress up as a character from the book?".... "Oh no, I'd feel stupid" .. "Oh yes, go on, the kids would love it"..... but they seriously had a conversation about what the blog readers would think??

It's like they approached their party as a promotional launch event for the book, and we're the guests/audience. (Well, not us as in FJers, but their readers in general.)

The picture of John (looking SMOKING HOT) Anna, and Abby looks like they are a married couple with a toddler. Just sayin'

And he always seems to be dropping in to help in their cooking pictures, doesn't he? I appreciate a guy who enjoys cooking and knows his way around a kitchen.

Wait....she doesn't want her readers to get a mental picture of a character in a book? Am I reading that correctly? How the hell else do you picture characters in books, and how do you control someone else's mental picture. (I suffer from mid-afternoon hypersomnia this time of year, so I can't go on that blog myself to clarify this.)

This post is almost all anyone needs to see the failures of the life Steve created for his family. His almost 30 year old daughter is intellectually on par with most 12 year old's, not further. She certainly couldn't hold her own with any 30 year old I know.

+1

I read a Maxwell blog entry like this one, and I swear I can feel the air being sucked out of the room. They have no life!!!

This is just an average weekend night for my family. This is not a party. Having a meal, playing some games, etc isn't a party - it's just an average middle class "family night". A party usually involves actually inviting other people over and having some music and merriment or some shit.

Anna and Christopher were smart to say "uh, we're busy"

Wait, they didn't invite anyone else to their "party"?! I didn't read the post, but that does sound like... any evening at home.

John IS smokin' hot, but I seriously need him to stop wearing that plaid shirt. It just reminds me over and over that he's a Maxwell and not a normal man.

And how the hell did Christopher and NR-Anna get out of attending this event? They better have had a damned good reason. What could possibly be more important than attending a family affair, especially one so important as this where they are eating chicken? We seriously need to get to the bottom of this right away.

And as much as I think the Maxwells are completely dorky, I must say Nathan and Melanie make really cute kids. Bethany is a doll.

Okay, actually checked out the post to follow up on the "John is hot" comments, and he is pretty cute. I thought he was a normal dude in a normal family for a second. I'd also like to burst the Maxwells' bubble and say that I have, in fact, had their speshul cookie pizza before.

Maybe NRAnna's feeling sick from being pregnant and Chris stayed behind to keep her company. I can hope he'd be that considerate.

(NRAnna stands for Non-Reversal Anna, doesn't it? I keep reading it as No-Relation Anna but I don't think that's right.)

Bethany is a cutie. I love her curls.

Maybe NRAnna's feeling sick from being pregnant and Chris stayed behind to keep her company. I can hope he'd be that considerate.

(NRAnna stands for Non-Reversal Anna, doesn't it? I keep reading it as No-Relation Anna but I don't think that's right.)

Yes, Non-Reversal Anna. We here at FJ refuse to call her Anna Marie since no one should have to change her FIRST NAME when she gets married.

Archived