IGNORED

OMG - New Maxwell Post

skankbiscuit

Based on what I've seen on their blog, I think the Maxwells are WAY too focused on food. Every little detail of what they ate, who prepared it, how they served it, what it looked like, who they ate it with, whether or not they're willing to share the recipe...I suspect it's all high on Steve's Control Issues radar.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Based on what I've seen on their blog, I think the Maxwells are WAY too focused on food. Every little detail of what they ate, who prepared it, how they served it, what it looked like, who they ate it with, whether or not they're willing to share the recipe...I suspect it's all high on Steve's Control Issues radar.

Agreed. Usually people who have issues with food, either restricting, bingeing or purging or any combination of the aforementioned, are obsessed with or very focused on food.

Sarah's horribly stilted writing strikes again:

Looked-forward-to event? Redundant and non-sensical. I can only imagine how bad those Moody books are.

Seriously, "anticipated" is hardly an SAT word.

Seriously, "anticipated" is hardly an SAT word.

I think in their whacko world, anticipating something is like an idol. They have to never expect anything and be joyful by the God-blessed surprise.

I'm sure this is old news to most, but I still can't get over that she writes a book series and names the family . . . Moody.

The Moody Family, written by a member of the moody family.

Maybe she named them after the Moody Bible Institute? It's a pretty famous fundie school. Not that any Maxwell would ever be allowed to go there...

It's too bad Sarah couldn't have a proper launch party for her book. She could have invited the Klein family, since one of the Klein daughters illustrated it. Since Rebecca is friends with the Kleins, maybe she could have come, too, along with the ladies who made Teri that nice quilt.

I don't think the Maxwells explicitly restrict food amounts so much (although some of the recipes they post, the amounts seem scanty for the crowd they're claiming to feed) but rather they are careful not to take too much pleasure in the food they eat, lest it become an idol of the flesh or however they'd put it.

So you can eat however many sandwiches you want, but they'd be pretty bland sandwiches, type of ideal.

Steve has blogged in the Corners before about worrying that people are taking too much pleasure in food. I think for them they're happy to eat as much as fills them but they want to think of it as "refuelling" rather than indulge in comfort food, if that makes any sense.

If someone ever did invent the supposed Space Age Wonder of all your nutrition needs fulfilled by a little pill, I can imagine Steve being thrilled. All the more time available for Bible studying like crazy in the race to avoid Hell.

They also used restricting food as a punishment at least once when the children were younger. That's a huge no-no in my book, and a red flag that there are some food related issues in that family.

If you click on the picture with them all at the table, you can see that Stevie grilled full sized chicken breasts :shock: and people had decent servings on their plates. :shock:

I wonder if Steve was defrauded by the breasts as he was cooking :lol:

I wonder if Steve was defrauded by the breasts as he was cooking :lol:

he must've been having some intense prayer time while he was cooking

he must've been having some intense prayer time while he was cooking

I wonder if he had some alone time in the prayer closet before dinner. Those breasts look really big and all :dance:

Chicken breasts are the expensive cut of chicken -- that must have been quite a splurge!

Does anyone but me wonder why the Maxwells don't seem to garden or raise their own meat like so many other fundies do? I wonder what they would say about why not?

Chicken breasts are the expensive cut of chicken -- that must have been quite a splurge!

Does anyone but me wonder why the Maxwells don't seem to garden or raise their own meat like so many other fundies do? I wonder what they would say about why not?

Sarah's book probably paid for those large, succulent breasts.

Sarah's book probably paid for those large, succulent breasts.

heh heh..."succulent"...heh heh

YPestis - one year on somone's (Steve's?) birthday he doled out two animal crackers to each family member as a special treat. That's stingy with a side helping of bizarre.

I think you hit the nail on the head, Lissar. That and your hilarious post caused me to de-lurk and inspired one cool username. Thanks! :lol:

Guest Anonymous

From the comments:

Rebecca KKKKKKK!KKKKKKKKK says:

December 3, 2011 at 9:18 pm

Blessings, God loves you, he realy does

Who posted this? :lol:

On Sarah finding her Prince Charming:

They just seem to have so few chances to meet others... maybe at the Family Economics Conference. Maybe. We can hope.

That was the first thing I thought when I read about the M's speaking there. Hell, I'm an atheist and I almost feel like praying this is THE chance for Sarah!

Elizabeth Botkin can snap John up (Rebecca K will be so sad), Joshua Titus and Mary could make friends.... The possibilities are dazzling. Steve must be Freaking Out.

Elizabeth Botkin can snap John up (Rebecca K will be so sad), Joshua Titus and Mary could make friends.... The possibilities are dazzling. Steve must be Freaking Out.

Can we change the name of this site to FreeSarah? :) though I would rather hang out with Jinger...

Is Sarah actually 30 yet? I just feel so speechless about her life. I mean hey, I have extended family and friends with young children, and at family gatherings a couple of times, the kids have played hide and seek. And they've come to wherever the dults are and asked us to play. So, like a nice Aunt, cousin and friend I am I played a round or too with them. And hid in a very obvious place to be found so it was over quickly. But if that's Sarahs idea of a party at her age, I think she's doomed forever.

Can we change the name of this site to FreeSarah? :) though I would rather hang out with Jinger...

Is Sarah actually 30 yet? I just feel so speechless about her life. I mean hey, I have extended family and friends with young children, and at family gatherings a couple of times, the kids have played hide and seek. And they've come to wherever the dults are and asked us to play. So, like a nice Aunt, cousin and friend I am I played a round or too with them. And hid in a very obvious place to be found so it was over quickly. But if that's Sarahs idea of a party at her age, I think she's doomed forever.

Not quite. I'm pretty sure her birthday is in January.

And, she is doomed. I don't see how she has any hope or chance of avoiding that fate.

For normal people, not married at 30 is no big deal. They're living, working, dating (or not, but it's their choice, regardless), meeting people, being with friends, pursuing their own interests, whatever. It is completely healthy to be 30 and single when you are living your life. When you're 30 and still living daddy's life in daddy's home, that's where everything has gone completely wrong and you are screwed.

Isn't Issac Botkins about Sarah's age? I highly suspect that the Botkins are too wordly for the Maxwells, but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Well, also, the real Rebecca had posted a comment too. He could've looked at them both and realized that one was fake.

Good point. Oh well. Hopeful thinking.

I think it's because they go on the road so much and are gone for weeks at a time. Too hard to keep up with a garden or animals. Oh, and that type of work is probably too dirty for them, given their obsession with cleanliness.

ah....thanks for the explanation about cookie pizza!

When I don't eat enough (and believe me, I eat a LOT), my thinking slows down. I'm tired, I don't have much energy to move. Maybe that is part of the reasoning behind the small amounts of food the Maxwells eat - if people can't think clearly, they are easier to control, easier to manipulate.

Archived