IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

My girl Kathy Griffin Tweeted today - "The Duggars are assholes". HA!

I love Kathy. I hope she talks about them in her next TV stand up special.

Completely OT - but I just saw Kathy in concert about a month or so ago, and unfortunately in her recent act she's not snarking on the Duggers. The show was great though!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice homophobia,

Not that the Duggars love the gays either...

Mmmhmmm..

Statistically, 1 in 10 are gay. And the more older brothers a boy has, the bigger chance of him being a gay person.

I see a few rainbow flags in the Duggar future!

Mmmhmmm..

Statistically, 1 in 10 are gay. And the more older brothers a boy has, the bigger chance of him being a gay person.

The fact the 1 in 10 people turn out to be gay has nothing to do with the homophobic slur you used.

J'uterus is a wimp. My great-grandmother had 17 live births, no miscarriages, all singletons, no C-sections, all born on a backwater farm with no electricity or running water.

Get over yourself, j'uterus. You (and Josie) are alive because of modern medicine. 50 years ago you and Josie would be deader than the proverbial doornail.

JB's first 'picture'. Josiah is in black on the right. Sorry for the quality, my tivo was set for super low quality.

24fxmxw.jpg

A couple seconds later - he's gone! It looks like Michelle was trying to get him back in the frame. Can't ruin Daddy's income stream!

1zx74lu.jpg

Statistically, most women are bitches, cunts, and too emotional to think straight, so there should be no problem with me going on a feminist board and pointing it out, amiright?

Patriarchy forever! :dance:

I'm kind of sick of the 'statistically, at least 2 of the Duggars are going to be gay' arguments. In my experience, they're usually made by hetero people, because gay people actually understand the thought process behind coming out.

Honestly? Calling their BS faggotry didn't offend me in the least. Didn't bat an eyelash at it. Your 'statistically there have to be gay Duggars11' fuckery is what pisses me off.

These people do NOT have the freedom to be gay, okay? Even if - and it is a big if, because statistics are just numbers - one of them were gay, they are never going to realise that for themselves under the control of patriarchal fundamentalism. Being gay isn't an option. When you're gay, you can't help finding people attractive. For me, I started having sexual thoughts about women when I was 6, and I didn't even know that being gay existed, let alone know anything about gay sex. That's how innate it is.

However, I was not brought up in a society where I was taught from birth that sexual/romantic thoughts about the same sex were not just wrong, but an automatic ticket to burn in hell for eternity.

These kids are shoved in strict gender roles from day one, and are not permitted to ever stray from them. To realise you're gay, you need freedom of thought and these kids do not have it.

That is why stories of people breaking out of fundie circles because they're gay are so rare. I'm not going to say it doesn't happen, but I haven't encountered it. I've encountered people who 'were' gay, then became fundie and struggled with their sexuality. I've encountered people who discovered they were gay after they left the movement. Being raised this strictly fundie and realising, while being fundie, that you are in fact gay? It's basically unheard of for the reasons I gave above.

I don't mean to go all rant-y on people, and I most certainly do not believe I speak for all gay people, or gay fundies, or whatever - I can only speak to my own experiences. However, I do understand the journey towards realising you're gay, and so I think I can testify to how difficult it would be to do it in this environment.

Vex, I think you're right. I'm guessing ALL of the Duggar kids are under a similar kind of pressure, because all sexual thoughts are a sin before marriage. Whether you're attracted to men or women you'd shut down those thoughts so quickly you'd never really get the chance to figure it out. Then what, you end up married and miserable? Awesome Duggars. Awesome. I truly hope none of those kids are gay, just for their own sakes.

I keep thinking about the episode where they first saw Josie. Everyone was crying, there was actually a touching moment when boob told them all to pray because that was all that could be done.

Josie's birth uprooted the family. They left their home, their routine, the life they knew. You KNOW that nightly boob or a surrogate J'boy prayed every night during "bible time" for the life of their tiny sister. This went on for months and, even now, they worry about her health.

Fast forward to now. J'chelle gathers them all in a camera appropriate pyramid and announces that she's doing it all again. You just KNOW that those memories flash into their little heads. The fear about losing mom, the trauma of their life being uprooted, the fear that Josie may not survive... and theyre scared... and they should be.

Fuck you Michelle and Jim Bob. Fuck you for caring more about your nice round number than the lives, stability, and psychological safety of the existing blessings you have. Fuck you for recklessly and selfishly risking your life to keep up with your ratings. Every good mother knows that your life isnt just yours, its your children's. They need you but you need to be in the spotlight more. Just fuck you.

I truly hope none of those kids are gay, just for their own sakes.

Amen to that. That's why I kind of lose my shit when people speculate that one (or more) of the kids might be gay. Because I know how hard it was for me and I had no background telling me I was wrong, supportive friends and parents and coming out wasn't a huge fucking issue for me. The thought of how hard it would be for a kid who grows up in fundamentalism... it breaks my heart. To me, it's like saying 'Oh, hey, statistically one in five people get cancer. I wonder which Duggar kid will get it?' - something that is awful and should never be speculated over.

The Today Show comments are closed--I wonder if it is because of bad comments. Most seemed to fall into this category:

I'm pretty sure it's not true about the health insurance. It is true for US congress, but I would find it highly unlikely that it is true for Arkansas legislators. I looked and I can't seem to find that information. All I can find is salaries.

I loved Jinger's expression on the announcement... her whole body language/facial expression is "what is this faggotry???".

Um, not cool! Couldn't you have referred to her emotion in a way that wasn't a slur? :handgestures-thumbdown:

Honestly? Calling their BS faggotry didn't offend me in the least. Didn't bat an eyelash at it.

Honestly? I find that sad.

I keep thinking about the episode where they first saw Josie. Everyone was crying, there was actually a touching moment when boob told them all to pray because that was all that could be done.

Josie's birth uprooted the family. They left their home, their routine, the life they knew. You KNOW that nightly boob or a surrogate J'boy prayed every night during "bible time" for the life of their tiny sister. This went on for months and, even now, they worry about her health.

Fast forward to now. J'chelle gathers them all in a camera appropriate pyramid and announces that she's doing it all again. You just KNOW that those memories flash into their little heads. The fear about losing mom, the trauma of their life being uprooted, the fear that Josie may not survive... and theyre scared... and they should be.

Fuck you Michelle and Jim Bob. Fuck you for caring more about your nice round number than the lives, stability, and psychological safety of the existing blessings you have. Fuck you for recklessly and selfishly risking your life to keep up with your ratings. Every good mother knows that your life isnt just yours, its your children's. They need you but you need to be in the spotlight more. Just fuck you.

They're selfish, completely selfish. I know that they went through a traumatic experience but did they stop to realize how bothered their children might have gotten from it? This wasn't just "oh, we could have almost lost Josie" but they could have lost their own mother if that emergency c-section did not take place. That's a scary thing to think about, having to lose a sibling and a mother at the same time.

I was wondering why Josiah looked kind of red to the face in last night's episode, but now I understand why. This isn't exciting news whatsoever..it's down right scary and dangerous. What they're doing is completely irresponsible and stupid on their part. They have 19 healthy children, with one being considered a "miracle child" after months of wondering if she would make it, they should be happy and give it a rest.

It pisses me off that they keep using God as their excuse for having their 20th, saying they prayed and prayed for another one and God blessed them with another. What exactly makes them so special for God to bless them with another one and completely ignore those couples who desperately want one but cannot? Are they not worth enough to have at least one child? This wasn't because "God answered our prayers", this was out of complete selfishness and obsession on their part that they are having another one.

What scares me even more is that they now have JD trained as an EMT and Jana training to be a midwife. You know that she's going to have them taking her BP and checking the heart daily. If anything happens to the fetus or mom that will further fuck up their heads. Again, FUCK YOU!

Given her age, cutting back on breastfeeding would increase her chances of getting pregnant. At this point she'd need all the help she could get.

The thought of how hard it would be for a kid who grows up in fundamentalism... it breaks my heart. To me, it's like saying 'Oh, hey, statistically one in five people get cancer. I wonder which Duggar kid will get it?' - something that is awful and should never be speculated over.

I can see your point, but I don't see it in quite the same way. I'm from a very conservative area, and growing up gay was difficult at times, to be sure, but I wouldn't have wished to be straight. Once I did come out, I had opportunities to broaden people's minds that I wouldn't have had otherwise. And learning to deal with the flack I put up with ultimately made me stronger and more self-assured. I know my situation was different from being born into a fundie family, and I'm NOT saying that gay fundie kids should just suck it up or anything like that. Theirs is a VERY difficult path. But I also can't say that I wish no fundie kids would be born gay. I can't say that I wish that gay kids were only born into liberal families.

Mmmhmmm..

A tab bit more specific. A boy has a 2% chance of being gay, the chance increases by 1/3 for every older brother he has. I.e. Jackson has 9 older brothers, that's another 2% to his chance of being gay for every three of them.

This discussion of the use of the word "faggotry" and approx how many people are speculated to be gay makes me lol.

1) Has anyone ever heard a conversation between a group of gay men? Srsly? Refering to each other as "she", calling things they dislike as 'gay' and each other flaming queen etc. They can be quite vicious bitches! I know from personal experience (how more personal could I get in regards to experience?).

2) I shall speculate on which Duggar kid grows up to be gay all I like (I think Josiah, personally). I don't see there anything wrong in being gay. You can't change it, it is what it is... Gay people have a tough time coming out anywhere, the older generation (40s<) would tell you. Thankfully, this seems to be changing. I would watch, with morbid, none-of-my-business-really fascination (which is kind of the point of this board) how a L/G/B/T/Q child would throw their world view and everything they've ever believed in into question. Trust the Lord or love my child? Or matter of a fact even the Botkin/Phillips (I think Josh) children. I think the fundies in question do genuinely love their children.. Moreso the Botkins/Phillipes, in whatever twisted unhealthy way they.

I wonder which sentence I've used is going to be assigned offensive where none was meant. Oh well!

Statistically, most women are bitches, cunts, and too emotional to think straight, so there should be no problem with me going on a feminist board and pointing it out,

amiright?

no because you don't have a source silly

Jessa tends to be very defensive of her family, which means defending their lifestyle. This could be a sign of loyalty or maybe she simply does not take criticism well. Or she could be like certain African-Americans I knew in school, who vehemently defended OJ whenever there were white people around, but would admit to each other that they believed he was guilty as hell. (They forgot I was in the room.) Whatever the case, based on Jessa's behavior during the regular episodes, I'd say she does not especially enjoy caring for small children. She's quite strict when she's teaching the homeschool (which is good for the howlers, IMO) and I don't see her paying much attention to Jordyn.

Jill, OTOH, is a true believer, more so than anyone else in that family. She also adores the little kids.

Even if she is defensive about her family, she seems more strict and an organizer. I also coined her as one of the more ambitious Duggars. If I was a fundie, I'd probably be a lot like Jessa. Her or Jinger. It's disappointing for me to hear her say something about new babies being "life-sized" playthings. I would've expected a more intelligible response than that. But as you said, I see her being very defensive about her family, upbringing, and she probably doesn't take criticism well.

Jessa, Jinger, and Joy don't seem like the "mommy" types, and I wouldn't be surprised if they opted out of having a very large family. I could see Jill being a mommy with a larger family (this may change depending on how her nursing goes). Jana I never really hear about or hear from, so I'm not sure.

I just got home from work and I'm probably spewing nonsense. XD

I could see Jinger having at least a larger than average family, but I honestly don't think she'd delegate to the oldest daughters.

1) Has anyone ever heard a conversation between a group of gay men? Srsly? Refering to each other as "she", calling things they dislike as 'gay' and each other flaming queen etc. They can be quite vicious bitches! I know from personal experience (how more personal could I get in regards to experience?).

I'm gay. I was offended. I doubt I was the only one. I called you on it. Now you spin worse than a Duggar.

Please, can we not feed the troll?

Archived