IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

I recall Michelle at some point saying that she often gets pregnant while breastfeeding, and the earliest sign she gets that she's pregnant again is her babies fuss because the milk changed due to the pregnancy, so I think she's just one of those women BF as BC doesn't work for.

Man this was a long thread, took me forever to finish it! Of course I had to come find it the instant I saw the news. Even my mom had seen it, and she never pays attention to the Duggars - she was absolutely appalled/shocked/amazed.

I really really hoped that the micro-premie c-section was going to make it near impossible to conceive, damn.

I'm really worried for Josie, she had swallowing trouble when she went to the doctor IIRC, which puts her at a higher risk for a speech disorder, not to mention all the other special needs risks of micro-premies. I don't know about Arkansas, but in my state we have early intervention programs up to the age of 3, state-funded, but I don't know if they'd have to do that or know about it or whatever. Now that there, provided a safe delivery, is going to be a younger sibling, how will she get that attention?

I doubt that even seeing a baby die would stop them trying. Even once she hits menopause they'll keep trying. I really hope for the sake of the children that mom makes it through this safely, and I wouldn't wish a miscarriage or stillbirth or infant dying even on the Duggars either. I also sincerely hope this is her last one and that she doesn't end up having a menopause baby way later like Razing Ruths' mom did.

Pretty sure Josie's emergency birth and being so little was God's sign to S T O P already.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
God did you see this comment on Suze's snarky announcement on fb?

Quote:

God continues to bless that family. She is a wonderful mother and it is evident that God is using her to touch a list world that needs to see how to be a mother to their own children. She is making a difference. I believe Gods plan for us Christians is to be salt and light to a list world.

GO MICHELLE!!!!!!! And JIM BOB!!!!!!!!!!!

31 minutes ago

Looks like some other Keller in-laws had some responses too. To me, this just highlights the Great Keller Divide.

John Shrader (Esther's husband): It amazes me to see how critical and judgmental some of these comments are. I don't know most of you, but where is the love that followers of Christ are supposed to be known for? As one who has had a super critical spirit in the past for that which I disagreed with, may I humbly encourage all to remember what Jesus said...

while Candace Renee Keller (Daniel's wife): Im so sick of hearing about this [Michelle's pregnancy]!!! its on FB, the radio, the TV.. im ready for next week! Hopefully everyone will be over it! lol

I thought there was something odd about the way the "announcement" scene was edited, so I went back and took a look at it in slo-mo.

The moment Michelle confirms she's pregnant, Josiah bolts. Literally leaves the scene, with most of the family looking in the direction he headed and some of them appearing to call after him. Later, he returns and is seen with Jim Bob's hand on his shoulder and an uncomfortable look on his face.

Maybe he just suddenly needed a drink of water, but a better guess is that he was very upset over the news. And not because he might have to share a bed with another brother. It was less than 2 years ago that his mother nearly died giving birth to his micro-preemie sister who suffered terribly and nearly died herself. He's scared, and he couldn't manage the plastic smile for the cameras.

Maybe I should have pity for Michelle because she's clearly mentally ill, but she disgusts me to no end. Babbling about being happy to martyr herself for an unborn child without giving the slightest thought to the well being of the 19 that are already here.

I remember Michelle saying that she can tell she's pregnant when the kid she's breastfeeding suddenly stops liking the flavor of the milk. So if she's getting pregnant while still breastfeeding, I don't see why she would need to intentionally wean early.

I didn't even notice the Josiah thing. Poor little guy, I'm 28 and I'd be devastated is something happened to my mom and seeing her so ill had to have an effect on him. Reactions like that should clue them in that no one else is on board with their ridiculous baby-gathering agenda.

I remember Michelle saying that she can tell she's pregnant when the kid she's breastfeeding suddenly stops liking the flavor of the milk. So if she's getting pregnant while still breastfeeding, I don't see why she would need to intentionally wean early.

I think this is what I was thinking of. Just the fact that due to her freakishly fertile body she has to wean early.

She really is being so selfish. If she were to die....those poor kids.

I thought there was something odd about the way the "announcement" scene was edited, so I went back and took a look at it in slo-mo.

The moment Michelle confirms she's pregnant, Josiah bolts. Literally leaves the scene, with most of the family looking in the direction he headed and some of them appearing to call after him. Later, he returns and is seen with Jim Bob's hand on his shoulder and an uncomfortable look on his face.

Where are you seeing this? I just watched it twice and didn't see Josiah leaving.

Where are you seeing this? I just watched it twice and didn't see Josiah leaving.

Can you put it in slow motion? Just after she confirms she's pregnant, they start doing a snapshot thing as though they were showing JB's photos instead of the film. (which is what I thought was odd) You see Josiah in the right of the frame looking at Michelle, and then for the next shots, he's gone and doesn't reappear in the scene until he's seen with JB. Watch the faces of the family (Jackson, Jenny and Joy first) and where they are looking. Then some of the others do the same. Jinger and Anna appear to call to him.

I think it was edited that way because it makes it much less obvious to a casual viewer that Josiah left. But he clearly did.

Can you put it in slow motion? Just after she confirms she's pregnant, they start doing a snapshot thing as though they were showing JB's photos instead of the film. (which is what I thought was odd) You see Josiah in the right of the frame looking at Michelle, and then for the next shots, he's gone and doesn't reappear in the scene until he's seen with JB. Watch the faces of the family (Jackson, Jenny and Joy first) and where they are looking. Then some of the others do the same. Jinger and Anna appear to call to him.

I think it was edited that way because it makes it much less obvious to a casual viewer that Josiah left. But he clearly did.

Link and/or screen shots?

Link and/or screen shots?

Sorry, no. I have it DVR'd. And you need to watch the entire sequence to see what happened.

Which announcement scene are you talking about? I'm so confused!

At the end of the last show when Michelle tells all the kids she's pregnant.

Sorry, no. I have it DVR'd. And you need to watch the entire sequence to see what happened.

Do you have the season and episode number of the relevant excerpt?

My girl Kathy Griffin Tweeted today - "The Duggars are assholes". HA!

I love Kathy. I hope she talks about them in her next TV stand up special.

I love Kathy. I hope she talks about them in her next TV stand up special.

She rocks, doesn't she? That's my one regret about giving up cable TV, that I can't watch her specials anymore.

Kathy always speaks the truth. Such assholes.

I was so sure that Josie was the last. Is it incredibly naive of me to say I'm surprised?

They really are assholes. I feel like an idiot for daring to hope Josie might actually get the attention a special needs kid... needs.

Kathy always speaks the truth. Such assholes.

I was so sure that Josie was the last. Is it incredibly naive of me to say I'm surprised?

They really are assholes. I feel like an idiot for daring to hope Josie might actually get the attention a special needs kid... needs.

No, I was surprised too. Josie should be getting early intervention in the home from the public school, and at age 3 going to early childhood special education in the local school district.

So I got sucked into Duggar debate on another forum and mentioned other people in the movement whose lives are crap, despite "buying used and saving the difference". What are some of the most financially despressing blogs, do you guys think, for shutting up Duggar fans about how easy life would be without the TLC $$?

I loved Jinger's expression on the announcement... her whole body language/facial expression is "what is this faggotry???".

Nice homophobia,

Not that the Duggars love the gays either...

Do you have the season and episode number of the relevant excerpt?

It was Tuesday night's episode when Boob made the fakey-fake announcement (I'm sure that at least the girls knew before they went overseas, before the plus sign on the pee stick had dried). Not that hard to figure out based on the context posted in this thread.

If you want the exact episode number, head over to wikipedia and enter "duggar family." If you watched the last show, you evidently missed it. If you DVRed it, watch it again.

Archived