IGNORED

Duggars have a special announcement!/Number 20 merged

Ralar

Ok, nevermind my question about the video, finally made it to page 31 by skipping from 25. Jinger's body language is pretty obvious. Wtf happened to Jessa though? She's uber cheerful and submissive. Also, it's ricidolous to tell an 18 and 17-year-old that they're "well behaved".

I really call TLC to get Michelle on a special of Hoarding: Baby hoarding or Addicted: Addicted to giving birth.

The timing of this pregnancy was so perfect, I have a hard time believing it was natural. To me, there was at least NFP involved.

JB is stupid when he doesn't let his daughters marry. Now THAT would make for a new season. Like this, she show is dead already.

Serious question: Do the (older) kids know where babies come from?! Do you remember how Anna said she basically got that information weeks before her marriage?

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It's a headache and a chore trying to debate with anyone about the Duggars. They refuse to acknowledge the link between them and ATI and how abusive Gothard's teachings truly are. I would love to see someone do a tell all piece about life in Gothard world that the Duggars so praise.

I would like someone to do a piece on goat-herds life too.

My 7 yr old come running in after he heard the annoucement. The kids voted in favor of an "OMG I hope she and/or the new baby don't die" reaction, as opposed to "yay, another blessing".

We also had an opportunity to practice math and learn exponents. For example, if each Duggar offspring also has 20 kids, that will make 400 grandduggars, 8,000 great-granddauggars and a whopping 160,000 great-great-grandduggars.

I saw something online once that said if each duggar kid had 20 kids (and so on) that within 6 generations there would be 8 billion duggars. Scary thought!

Edit: quick calculation

400 grandkids

800 greatgrandkids

160,000 great great grandkids

3,200000 great great great grandkids

64,000000 great great great great grandkids

1,28,000000 great great great great great grandkids

25,600,000000 great great great great great great grandkids

I saw something online once that said if each duggar kid had 20 kids (and so on) that within 6 generations there would be 8 billion duggars. Scary thought!

They really could become their own nation if they wanted to! And the scary thing is, that just might be what they're hoping to eventually do.

Anyway, for boy names I'm hoping for Jacob, Jeffrey, Jaden, Jared, and Julian, and for girls I like Jacqueline, Janina, Jemma, Judith, or Julie/Julia. And just for fun, more possibilities include Jomamma, Jomammasmamma, Jinanjuice, and Justsayno.

They really could become their own nation if they wanted to! And the scary thing is, that just might be what they're hoping to eventually do.

Anyway, for boy names I'm hoping for Jacob, Jeffrey, Jaden, Jared, and Julian, and for girls I like Jacqueline, Janina, Jemma, Judith, or Julie/Julia. And just for fun, more possibilities include Jomamma, Jomammasmamma, Jinanjuice, and Justsayno.

They could be their own fucking planet!

They could be their own fucking planet!

That's the whole 200-year plan though, isn't it? To take over congress by sheer weight of numbers. :shock:

So what's going to happen to poor Josie? Kicked to the curb already poor thing. On to the next one!

I really hope they don't blanket train her to get her out of the way so they can focus on the new child. She'll actually be lucky to end up with a buddy because any of those teenagers would make a better mom than Michelle.

They want to take over by sheer numbers, but this cult has a very high turnover rate. All of the famous parents in the movement are converts, not raised that way. And their kids will probably convert back out. Very few of the second-generation fundies are getting married early and popping out babies. Plenty of them are completely leaving the lifestyle or just toning it down a little. Out of their 20 kids, I doubt that more than 5 will go on to have a large family. They won't let their kids get married, so some of those girls will probably end up never getting married and never having kids. The ones that do get married in the "correct" way will have fewer children because they'll get started later. Most of them will become fundie lite, or secretly use BC, especially the daughters because they've already raised too many kids. The have a plan to take over the world, but it's not a very well thought-out plan. I'm not afraid of Duggars taking over the world.

ETA: I also wanted to add that they haven't considered resources in their calculations. The Duggars won't be spread out over the world or even the country. Even within this generation, they'll have a very high concentration of Duggars in one small town. Since they're all uneducated, that really limits their job options. There are further restrictions from their religion. So there will be a mass of uneducated fundies all trying to get the same crappy jobs to pay for growing families, and Jim Bob can't afford to support all of them indefinitely like he does with Josh. Even if several of the older boys do follow the lifestyle and have tons of babies, they will reach a crisis point in a couple of decades where there just isn't enough in that small town to go around. For the ones who are charismatic enough to go into politics, it will be brothers running against brothers and there will be a lot of infighting, especially after their leader, Gothard, dies. They won't be united in their goal anymore and that will break down their baby-making pretty fast.

On page seven, I posted this:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/10/1 ... ir=Parents

The thing is, now that we know that the baby is due in April, we know that Michelle must have gotten pregnant sometime in late July or early August. The interview above is from the middle of October. Regardless of whether the interview actually took place in October, it definitely took place after they returned from their trip overseas. In one of the recent People articles, Michelle mentioned feeling morning sickness in her first trimester, so that means that she more than likely already knew that she was pregnant at the time of that interview. My point? It seems she may have been lying in that interview! :shock: I mean, I'm not going to act all pearl-clutchy about it because I can see why someone would lie about something like that in their first trimester, but it does seem hypocritical coming from a self-professed conservative Christian.

she did not lie, she said she would love more children but does not know if it will happen. She is pregnant the baby is not born. Who knows how many miscarriages she had since Josie?

ETA: I also wanted to add that they haven't considered resources in their calculations. The Duggars won't be spread out over the world or even the country. Even within this generation, they'll have a very high concentration of Duggars in one small town. Since they're all uneducated, that really limits their job options. There are further restrictions from their religion. So there will be a mass of uneducated fundies all trying to get the same crappy jobs to pay for growing families, and Jim Bob can't afford to support all of them indefinitely like he does with Josh. Even if several of the older boys do follow the lifestyle and have tons of babies, they will reach a crisis point in a couple of decades where there just isn't enough in that small town to go around. For the ones who are charismatic enough to go into politics, it will be brothers running against brothers and there will be a lot of infighting, especially after their leader, Gothard, dies. They won't be united in their goal anymore and that will break down their baby-making pretty fast.

And God=TLC won't provide forever.

she did not lie, she said she would love more children but does not know if it will happen. She is pregnant the baby is not born. Who knows how many miscarriages she had since Josie?

I see your point, but Michelle is pro-life and believes that life begins at conception, and because of that, she believes that the unborn baby inside of her is a child. Saying that she doesn't know if that would happen again doesn't jibe with her belief that the fetus she's carrying is most definitely her child. She was devastated by the miscarriage she had between Josh and the twins. She was devastated because she believed she lost a child. Sorry, but I just can't see how she wasn't tweaking the truth with this one.

Well, this is going to sound aweful, but JChelle is only what, 4 months along? I'm hoping for an easy miscarriage....for the sake of all involved.

Don't feel bad. I actually want something to happen that requires a hysterectomy. I admit that this makes me a terrible person. I'm okay with that.

I see your point, but Michelle is pro-life and believes that life begins at conception, and because of that, she believes that the unborn baby inside of her is a child. Saying that she doesn't know if that would happen again doesn't jibe with her belief that the fetus she's carrying is most definitely her child. She was devastated by the miscarriage she had between Josh and the twins. She was devastated because she believed she lost a child. Sorry, but I just can't see how she wasn't tweaking the truth with this one.

YEs and no. They never called the show 20 kids and counting... they never included that miscarriage... I understand she stepped around the truth, but I still don't think that's a flat out lie. If they had asked her are you pregnant - like I think I remember from an interview in the last year, then I would totally on board with the criticism, but I think on that one they have been much less like for instance Melanie Maxwell, we have 6 children (3 with the Lord).

YEs and no. They never called the show 20 kids and counting... they never included that miscarriage... I understand she stepped around the truth, but I still don't think that's a flat out lie. If they had asked her are you pregnant - like I think I remember from an interview in the last year, then I would totally on board with the criticism, but I think on that one they have been much less like for instance Melanie Maxwell, we have 6 children (3 with the Lord).

It may not have been an outright lie, per se (though it could have been), but I think we can both agree that she was tweaking things a bit. If she meant that they'd like more when she knew that she was pregnant, she could still say something like that now that the whole world knows, but she wouldn't because that would be silly. That statement certainly seemed to imply that she wasn't pregnant.

It may not have been an outright lie, per se (though it could have been), but I think we can both agree that she was tweaking things a bit. If she meant that they'd like more when she knew that she was pregnant, she could still say something like that now that the whole world knows, but she wouldn't because that would be silly. That statement certainly seemed to imply that she wasn't pregnant.

Yes. At the same time. Couldn't she just repent and admit her sin for her sunday home church? That's what always got me, as long as you repent it's "fine" then I could just do stuff and apologize later :P

Looks like Susanna Keller had no problem snarking a bit about the pregnancy:

Officially Michelle Duggar is prego with baby twenty! Aren't we all dying to see her in labor once again :P

love it.

Go Suze.

I wonder if Suze has remained friends with Jill and Jana. I remember seeing a pic of her and one of them hugging or something.

I find it quite interesting that many of the better known Duggar apologists- chrislukas at the TLC forums, and Cyn and Suzanne at DWOP, have been silent about this news. Maybe even the die-hard Duggarites have reached their breaking points.

I find it quite interesting that many of the better known Duggar apologists- chrislukas at the TLC forums, and Cyn and Suzanne at DWOP, have been silent about this news. Maybe even the die-hard Duggarites have reached their breaking points.

That is a bit surprising that they haven't said anything.

Go Suze.

I wonder if Suze has remained friends with Jill and Jana. I remember seeing a pic of her and one of them hugging or something.

I wish. But unfortunately, I don't think so. How shall J&J get to see her? It's not like they can just go on a road trip.

I finally got to watch the segment.

First, they were here in Georgia in July so she was wake boarding (or waterboarding lol) the week after. She may very well have been knocked up in the bus on the way back from meeting the Bates family... right about that time...

The season finale is tonight but their "world tour" special starts sunday. Thats BS. I'm guessing they were given an ultimatum - something interesting of this special is the end. So BAM! prego!

I couldnt give a flying fuck where matt lauer is.

Future stop on "Where in the World is Matt Lauer?" Michelle's cavernous vagina.

Archived