IGNORED

"She only does it to annoy, because she knows it teases"

Witsec1

Mira may not be suffering from car sickness--maybe she's sensitive to the fumes emitted by the chemicals in the car's interior. I read of an experiment on a child whose car sickness was inconsistent (in some cars but not others). His parents tried sitting him (with toys and an adult observer) in their closed car, parked under a tree, and he was nauseated within a few minutes.

This is really interesting to me. I can't stay in a garage or an auto part store or a mechanic's place for very long because the smell makes me sick. I even have trouble when I get my oil changed at Valvoline (ususally less than 15 minutes) I always thought I was just weird.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not at all to defend this woman, but I was prescribed Ambien twice during pregnancy. My hormones get way out of whack while pregnant, and I went a week or two without sleeping. At ALL. I struggle with insomnia all the time but that was unlike anything I'd experienced.

I only took the Ambien a couple of times because even it didn't help... I actually forgot now what finally got me to sleep. But my point is, my doctor didn't bat an eye about giving me the prescription, and that was back when they wouldn't let pregnant mamas have caffeine. She may just be following (a foolish) doctor's orders.

I don't even like to take Ambien because the 1st time I took it I hallucinated (though this may just have well been caused by sleep depravation) and while it knocks me out I don't wake up feeling rested. Plus, having read all the cautions and possible side effects, you would think it was LSD! Having said that, dcmhejbl62, if you hadn't slept in a week it was probably worth the risk. I can't imagine. I checked my self into a mental health center after 4 days and nights of no more than 9 hrs total sleep, and a trip to the ER the night before for a panic attack. There was another women there (a SAHM I might ad (not that there's anything wrong with that, but she talked about how the stress from that was the cause)) that had been up 6. I can't imagine how you got through that pregnant!!

This is really interesting to me. I can't stay in a garage or an auto part store or a mechanic's place for very long because the smell makes me sick. I even have trouble when I get my oil changed at Valvoline (ususally less than 15 minutes) I always thought I was just weird.

Me too. And 'that new car smell', and the smell of some types of jet fuel. Puke marathon, uncontrollable.

Also my mom's perfume, but I think that may be psychosomatic from being loaded into the car for an hour drive to a suitably fundy church a few times a week. I remember feeling nauseated the whole way.

I am told that it is called 'multiple chemical sensitivity' and it is very common, and not well studied by medical science.

I also get car sick.

did we crash her blog? or did she flounce? Or is it just me? Because it won't load.

Archived