IGNORED

Trump Criminal Trial 1: The Hush Money Election Interference Tral

GreyhoundFan

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

You know I'd settle for house arrest with no phone or internet connection. Hard to rally the troops when you can't post...

True. And also hard to sell that you are a suffering martyr for the cause when you're living in your own extremely luxurious apartment. How horrible, stuck at home. With housekeepers, assistants, flunkies, and anything you want or need right at your fingertips without even so much as having to get off the couch. 

Some of his people would get fired up, but I think it's hard for the average MAGA supporter to be too sympathetic to someone essentially being required to take a luxury staycation in a place nicer than any of them have ever seen, much less lived.

A stainless steel toilet in a cell might make his base consider him a martyr for their cause. A gold-plated toilet in a luxurious home is a much harder sell as far as "suffering" goes. 

• Upvote 11

I did a spit take. Luckily I was drinking water. 
image.png.d7984aa5cee016925dc5622a55d29510.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 14
  • Love 1

Things are not going well for Trump. He's mucho mad.

image.thumb.png.8cd4dc8c2432a3f4aa5253aa3782a5e2.png

Here's a play-by-play of what happened so far:

• Thank You 9

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 7

During a sidebar about the relevance of Steve Bannon’s requests of Pecker, Steinglass admitted that New York Election Law 17-152, which prohibits conspiracies to promote a candidate’s election through unlawful means, is their “primary” predicate.

Basically Trump's entire LIFE falls foul of this, doesn't it? Many of his followers originally used his "successful businessman" image as the reason they even considered voting for him, and that is largely a carefully crafted fabrication.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I want to hear what the judge has to say about the gag order stuff!  what an interesting day in court today.  The CNN panel of reporters were saying that the trump lawyer was a good lawyer/good reputation.   Didn't seem to show today. I wonder how much is just how difficult it is to deal with trump and how much they're just hoping something will stick on the BS they make up. 

As to the testimony today - I guess on the one hand it doesn't surprise me that magazine people are working with trump to promote certain stories and hush up other stories....but somehow it seems SO MUCH MORE nefarious in this particular instance...when literally gossipy bullshit seems to have brought hillary clinton down just enough and gave us trump. And on the other hand, it's so wrong. just fundamentally wrong to my sense of what american government should be that a rich guy colluded with some magazine guys to sway everything in his favor. and there's a part of me that struggles to realize that somebody would actually do that.

Also  - how many women have they paid off ?? they seem to have had a whole apparatus to deal with this.  Melania must be ....something...

• Upvote 8

https://www.newsweek.com/judge-merchan-warns-trump-lawyer-blanche-losing-all-credibility-1893292

Poor Fucknut is having problems sitting in a chair. I do love how this is what he’s highlighting about his experience. He’s upset because Biden gets to go out and campaign every day while he is forced to sit up straight (and by extension presumably stay awake…). He really doesn’t like the narrative that he’s falling asleep and spaced out. 

Former President Donald Trump addressed his body language in the courtroom of his hush money payment trial on Tuesday following reports that he appeared to be sleeping throughout legal proceedings.

"They're keeping me in a courtroom, that's freezing by the way, in a courtroom all day long while he's (President Joe Biden) out there campaigning. That's probably an advantage because he can't campaign. Nobody knows what he's doing. He can't put two sentences together," he said.

He continued: "He's out campaigning, and I'm here in a courtroom sitting here...sitting up as straight as I can all day long because you know what, it's a very unfair situation."

You know what also never gets old? David Pecker. Never have I seen a man whose name and appearance matches his job description so aptly. But really, with that name, what else could he have done? I turn into an 8 year old boy humor wise whenever I hear his name - which is a lot lately!  I feel (slightly) bad making fun of someone’s name, but it’s just there. On a plate. 

• Upvote 11

I guess I will put this here. I don't know if I should say this is awesomely brutal or brutally awesome. 

• Haha 11

I think the Orange Manbaby is projecting again when he says that Biden can’t string two sentences together … 🙄🙄🙄

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

Grandpa Ranty is going to snore and fart like crazy today. 
image.png.15836784e65da8d76a38b340ba9589f5.png

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 8

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Grandpa Ranty is going to snore and fart like crazy today. 
image.png.15836784e65da8d76a38b340ba9589f5.png

No court today. He gets to sleep in and avoid the strain of sitting up straight, so he can afford the late night. 

• Upvote 9

37 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

No court today. He gets to sleep in and avoid the strain of sitting up straight, so he can afford the late night. 

That’s right. I keep forgetting today is Wednesday. For some strange reason, I keep writing Tuesday. 

• Upvote 7

I blame @Audrey2 for posting all those parodies lately and making this pop up in my YouTube feed. :my_biggrin:

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Love 4

On the one hand, everybody farts (yes, you too, it's a scientific reality) and it's hardly something that can be controlled when in a situation like TFG's where he can't excuse himself. 

On the other hand, we've got weeks and weeks of this with little else to amuse us yet. Growing up initially in the north of England and with parents from that area, in my childhood we said 'trump' rather than 'fart' to talk about passing wind. That has always been my association with the word, even before Donny shot to infamy. It seems appropriate.

• Haha 11

7 minutes ago, Smee said:

On the one hand, everybody farts (yes, you too, it's a scientific reality) and it's hardly something that can be controlled when in a situation like TFG's where he can't excuse himself. 

I think the point that a lot of people miss is that Trump is aware he's farting.  He doesn't care.  The discomfort of others is not his problem.

I once had a relative-by-marriage who was a narcissist.  The man farted all the time.  He would laugh about it.  He'd play games like, "Guess what I ate!"  He almost dared people to take him to task for it.  I think Donny has always been like that himself.  He's been surrounded by underlings who have to pretend to be okay with the smell.  Their jobs depend upon it.  I don't think it ever occurred to him that he might one day be mocked for it.

I once got in trouble with this relative by laughing when he farted at a family party.  I couldn't control myself.  Every time I tried to stop, I'd start giggling again.  He approached me and said that I had embarrassed him.  When I pointed out that he was the one doing the farting, he said that everyone else was fine with it until I started laughing.  Yeah.  I got the giggles again...

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

22 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

That’s right. I keep forgetting today is Wednesday. For some strange reason, I keep writing Tuesday. 

And for most of the day yesterday I was thinking it was Thursday.

• Upvote 3

45 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

And for most of the day yesterday I was thinking it was Thursday.

I retired at the end of March so every day feels like the weekend 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

19 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I retired at the end of March so every day feels like the weekend 

And now I'm envious... :crying-green:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Boo fucking hoo

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 5

Since he knows ahead that it's going to be freezing, maybe he should dress with long underwear. (rolling eyes)

• Upvote 9

27 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Boo fucking hoo

Welcome to what women in offices have dealt with for years. While all of my employment has been with schools, my sister was an office worker for a long time. At one point she had a heater hidden under her desk because it was so cold for her. I've heard that offices were kept that cold on purpose since men don't typically get as cold as women and also since men had been wearing suits at the time, so the office needed to compensate for their wearing more clothes.

• Upvote 11

image.png.aec6da6e3464f8dba95578a7ebf23370.png

• Upvote 9

I don't envy Trump's attorneys. Call him "president" when he wasn't and get objections from the DA, or don't call him that and have to deal with the tantrum from him later. 

And I keep wanting to type "tantrump" which seems appropriate. 

5 hours ago, apple1 said:

Since he knows ahead that it's going to be freezing, maybe he should dress with long underwear. (rolling eyes)

Hard to change a diaper with long undies on, I bet. 

But yes, there are ways to deal with the cold. I'd be freezing and complaining too most likely, but I'm not trying to look like a stable professional successful presidential genius who couldn't possibly have done a corruption, either.

• Upvote 13

10 hours ago, Alisamer said:

And I keep wanting to type "tantrump" which seems appropriate.

That should definitely be a new term.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1