IGNORED

Trump Criminal Trial 1: The Hush Money Election Interference Tral

GreyhoundFan

Follow along thread for today's proceedings. Trump has Eric along for company today.

• Thank You 9

Step one, fining Trump: achieved

Step two, jailing Trump: pending

• Upvote 11

Part two of the follow-along thread:

• Thank You 10

Maybe if the Judge told Sleepy Don's attorneys to advise their client that he needs to stay awake and stop disrupting court through his flatulence if he wants to not be thrown in the can for the duration of his trial.  Oh, wait.  Who the fuck am I kidding?  The justice system in this country has shown through word and deed that they won't hold fuckface truly accountable. 

• Upvote 7

Baby boo-hoo is whining again. 

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 7

6 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Baby boo-hoo is whining again. 

Of course you think the judge is rushing it through. You sleep through most of it so it seems to be going quickly.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Of course you think the judge is rushing it through. You sleep through most of it so it seems to be going quickly.

Yet he still whines about having to sit there for such a long time…

• Upvote 7

23 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Step one, fining Trump: achieved

Step two, jailing Trump: pending

Honestly for him, a fine of $1000 per violation is basically permission to keep going. Just the cost of running his mouth, and not that high a cost either, for him.

The deterrents that work on normal people will not work on him. Fines? That's just money. He doesn't pay contractors or lawyers, why would he pay fines? He'll stall and appeal and delay and whine all while begging his followers to send him cash to pay it. Small fines are just pocket change to him anyway, or he wants people to think that at least.

What might actually work is sitting him in a real cell in a real jail where he's treated like a normal person for about 48 hours or so. 

He's annoyed by having to sit and deal with the court instead of playing golf, because he knows none of this matters. If he's given huge fines, he just won't pay them. If he's to be confined, it'll almost certainly be house arrest at Bedminster, where he'll have his lawyers declare the whole club his "house" so he can eat at the restaurant and play golf all day every day. If he ends up at Mar-A-Lago under house arrest, the friendly GOP governor there will end up making the whole state count as his "house" most likely. 

And if things really hit the fan and it looks like he might, maybe, have real actual consequences like a normal person, he'll hop a plane somewhere and beg Putin or someone to take him in.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

15 hours ago, Alisamer said:

Honestly for him, a fine of $1000 per violation is basically permission to keep going. Just the cost of running his mouth, and not that high a cost either, for him.

The deterrents that work on normal people will not work on him. Fines? That's just money. He doesn't pay contractors or lawyers, why would he pay fines? He'll stall and appeal and delay and whine all while begging his followers to send him cash to pay it. Small fines are just pocket change to him anyway, or he wants people to think that at least.

What might actually work is sitting him in a real cell in a real jail where he's treated like a normal person for about 48 hours or so. 

He's annoyed by having to sit and deal with the court instead of playing golf, because he knows none of this matters. If he's given huge fines, he just won't pay them. If he's to be confined, it'll almost certainly be house arrest at Bedminster, where he'll have his lawyers declare the whole club his "house" so he can eat at the restaurant and play golf all day every day. If he ends up at Mar-A-Lago under house arrest, the friendly GOP governor there will end up making the whole state count as his "house" most likely. 

And if things really hit the fan and it looks like he might, maybe, have real actual consequences like a normal person, he'll hop a plane somewhere and beg Putin or someone to take him in.

Judge Merchan made note of the ineffectiveness of these low fines for someone like Trump, and made an express point that this should be adressed by NY lawmakers. He also clearly stated that if new infractions occur, he will jail Trump. 

Do keep in mind however, that the next scheduled hearing on Trump’s gag order violations are about infractions made before this judgement, and will also result in fines. Any new violations made after Tuesday's hearing, will be cause for jail time.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

Today's follow-along:

Oh lordy, how I wish I was there to see Trump's reaction to the whole courtroom erupting in laughter at him. He must be fuming to the point of boiling over... :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

27 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Today's follow-along:

Oh lordy, how I wish I was there to see Trump's reaction to the whole courtroom erupting in laughter at him. He must be fuming to the point of boiling over... :56247976a36a8_Gigglespatgiggle:

Shared his new nickname with several friends. It was received with much laughter. Von Shitzinpantz indeed. 

• Upvote 6

image.thumb.png.dd9c01848919e42a9e546dbbfd67aee5.png

• Upvote 6
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha 3

This is why it's a bad idea to be a crappy (pun intended) client who refuses to pay attorneys.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

For those of you who want to follow-along today:

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

Hope Hicks is on the stand and quietly destroying the image Trump's defense is attempting to build that Trump wasn't always in the loop: "We were always following his lead."

• Thank You 7

And boom, she just made the prosecutor's case:

image.thumb.png.5898e5ac183a77b525508c0dee5e7ab9.png

Realizing she's destroying Trump, Hicks breaks down in tears.

image.thumb.png.469fc663635f93ad8237b413b96d9432.png

• Upvote 9

I do not understand how Ms. Hicjs could possibly be “fond” of Donald Trump. She was intimately involved in hushing up his sexual escapades and vile behavior. How could any woman with an ounce of intellect or integrity have affection for the man? Mind-boggling. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

Violated the gag order...AGAIN....and nothing. Next time I might jail you....psych!

• Upvote 5

A bit later than usual (busy day at work) but here's today's follow-along.

• Thank You 6

7 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

Violated the gag order...AGAIN....and nothing. Next time I might jail you....psych!

Seriously, just dump his arse in jail for a day. Just a day. Won't stop him, but next time make it 24 hours. And increase from there.

• Upvote 9

She is truly a disaster of a lawyer:

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 5

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

She is truly a disaster of a lawyer:

I don't question how she made it through law school. I do question how she passed the bar exam and I'm curious how many attempts she had to make in order to pass it.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

It should be an interesting day:

image.thumb.png.f96b6844cf600b2f8a3cdf7fed60ee3d.png

• Thank You 10

Today's follow-along, with Stormy Daniels called as witness. Hold on tight!

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

image.png.8cbcae62d7ed66505bc12ef384e87aa6.png

• Disgust 8
  • WTF 3