IGNORED

Earthquake Hits Northeast

47of74

An earthquake hit the Eastern US today

A 4.8 magnitude earthquake rattled buildings across parts of the Northeast Friday morning, according to data from the US Geological Survey, with reports of it being felt from Philadelphia to New York City.

The Northeast earthquake is impacting air travel. Flights to airports in New York City, Philadelphia, Baltimore and Newark were being held, officials said.

New York Gov. Kathy Hochul said that there are no "life-threatening situations" or reports of significant damage in the state following the earthquake, but teams continue to monitor for impacts.

New York City Mayor Eric Adams and other city officials will hold a separate news conference at 12 p.m. ET.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

My Mom felt it! She's halfway between Philly and NYC.

• Upvote 5

Posted (edited)

I hope everyone who felt it is ok. 

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 6

And since the epicenter wasn't too far from the orange fornicate smear's Bedminster club, the internet strikes again

Friday’s earthquake near New York City is shaking up social media in lots of ways ― including inspiring mock conspiracy theories.

Turns out the epicenter for the 4.8 magnitude earthquake was near Whitehouse Station, New Jersey, and only 6.5 miles from Donald Trump’s Bedminster National Golf Club.

And after Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene (R-Ga.) posted a tweet suggesting the quake was a message from above to repent, many people on X (formerly Twitter) decided to ponder the “real” reasons for the quake.

And “real” as in “really snarky.”

• Upvote 5

5 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I hope everyone who felt it is ok. 

I live in the San Fransisco bay area, so I'm pretty used to earthquakes. A 4.8 is generally not strong enough to do anything more than mild damage to older buildings. It's probably a bit scary if you're not used to it, but ultimately not a dangerous situation.  

I am from New Jersey originally so I know a lot of people still there. It was quite amusing seeing people so worked up over something that would hardly be noteworthy here. But then I remembered I can no longer hander weather below 40 degrees so maybe I should keep my mouth shut 😆

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 6

I’m in New Jersey. I felt the earthquake but I thought it was a truck driving on the main road I live on. 

• Upvote 4

I felt it in the Captial Region, NYS. I was sitting in the kitchen and the whole house started shaking. 

• Upvote 1