IGNORED

Dropbox Opted Everyone IN on sharing with OpenAI

clueliss

I am more or less hopping around social media on the Internet right now sharing this one and it’s many places as I can. The good folks over at Dropbox according to see a BC have opted everyone in on sharing their information with their buddies over it open AI. There are a details in the article on how to turn the setting off.

https://www.cnbc.com/2023/12/13/how-to-stop-dropbox-from-sharing-your-personal-files-with-openai.html

• Thank You 1

Thank you!  I went in to Dropbox to check to on that.  It's been the first time I signed in to Dropbox in a while.  I looked a few times but didn't see anything about opting into or out of OpenAI.  (I might've missed it though).  I did go through my other settings and take off some of my old devices along with changing my password. 

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, clueliss said:

It’s under settings.  There was a tab that said third party.  

I'm still not seeing it though.  dropbox.thumb.png.0ca02c1c7c9d025c63763403cbe5d0a5.png

Maybe I need a pro/paid account to see that.  I mainly used dropbox for law school stuff and saving Republican butthurt lists.  Didn't really post the more sensitive stuff there but posted mainly law school stuff there so I could quickly access it across multiple devices. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

55 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I'm still not seeing it though.  dropbox.thumb.png.0ca02c1c7c9d025c63763403cbe5d0a5.png

Maybe I need a pro/paid account to see that.  I mainly used dropbox for law school stuff and saving Republican butthurt lists.  Didn't really post the more sensitive stuff there but posted mainly law school stuff there so I could quickly access it across multiple devices. 

This is exactly what I see on mine. No 3rd party app tab. I also do not have a pro/paid account.