IGNORED

House of Representatives 5: The Clown Caucus is Throwing Their Toys Out of The Playpen

GreyhoundFan

34 minutes ago, apple1 said:

Jake Tapper is on a roll with the zingers. 🙂

Please can Tapper just do all the interviews from now on?? Cuz he actually is saying what we all are thinking (well most of us, cuz apparently some of us are crazy and believe the democrats did it all. waah. boo hoo)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

Talk about a terrible group of candidates:

image.png.a00bbe1fc12437f19dd72154af17d811.png

• Upvote 9

See what I mean from above list?  The best of the lot is a "maybe".  Pete Sessions is pathetic. Can't believe he is even on the list.

Edited by kittykay
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Trump world is now floating a dossier on Emmer in order to get him out of the running.  They've dug through and found an old DUI arrest and a vote supporting gay marriage.  You get the picture.  He's not sufficiently MAGA.  The real problem is that Emmer voted to certify Biden's election.  Donny's entire plan seems to hinge on having a Speaker of the House who is an election denier.  That's the only way he can be sure to steal the next election and have it declared valid.

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1

The clown caucus has already had three internal votes. They’re down to four candidates, per the Washington Post:

image.png.7b62f66b3a71a30dbfdd702d7b791702.png

• Thank You 3

And, the "winner" is... TOM EMMER! Come on down. You're the next contestant on this freaking game show. 

Given the way the past few of these have gone, I guess a lot of his compatriots REALLY don't like him! 

• Upvote 7

19 hours ago, Xan said:

Donny's entire plan seems to hinge on having a Speaker of the House who is an election denier.  That's the only way he can be sure to steal the next election and have it declared valid.

Apparently at some campaign event yesterday Trump told his followers to worry about keeping an eye on the other people voting, but not to worry about voting themselves, because he has the votes. All I could think of was that the plan is to just take the presidency, no matter what the votes say, with his followers ensuring as much election interference and intimidation as possible at the polls in an attempt to sway the numbers as a backup. 

I mean I hope they take him at face value and don't vote. But I'd suggest that anyone with obvious progressive or otherwise non-MAGA signifiers be very very careful voting. I'd make sure there are no magnets or stickers on the car, for example. 

Luckily for me the local early voting place is in the same building as the police office, who while they do tend to lean conservative, probably aren't going to let any blatantly illegal shenanigans go on in their own building. Just outside the parking lot, maybe. But not in the actual building where the voting happens. 

• Upvote 9

https://apple.news/AseAxLvlhRgG5NoJHDv1A-w

And Tom Emmer is out. 

Rep. Tom Emmer (R-Minn.), the House majority whip, and the third Republican speaker pick since the ouster of Rep. Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.), had been elected as the GOP nominee on an internal ballot earlier Tuesday. However, it became clear that he could not attract a majority vote on the full House floor because of Republican holdouts in the narrowly divided chamber. Former president Donald Trump took direct aim at Emmer as he was trying to convert holdouts. In a social media post, Trump called Emmer a RINO — Republican in name only — and “totally out-of-touch with Republican Voters.”

To be fair, can any of them attract a majority of voters? The MAGAs wanted to shut down the government, and this circus effectively does that, so mission accomplished I guess. Nothing like selfless service to country. 🤷‍♀️

• I Agree 3
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, AnywhereButHere said:

https://apple.news/AseAxLvlhRgG5NoJHDv1A-w

And Tom Emmer is out. 

To be fair, can any of them attract a majority of voters? The MAGAs wanted to shut down the government, and this circus effectively does that, so mission accomplished I guess. Nothing like selfless service to country. 🤷‍♀️

I was just coming here to remark on these latest developments.  Emmer's candidacy sure didn't last long.  The GQP only has themselves to blame for this manure spreader shit show.  If the Republicans were still comprised of adults instead of nutjobs, traitors, and fornicate sticks they might be able to get someone decent to take the job.  But since they're not, here we are. 

• Upvote 5

I knew Emmer was dead in the water the minute that Donny weighed in on the mess.  He just can't handle anyone saying that he lost the election.  (Not to mention that he might need help again to cheat his way into the presidency.)  The timing is interesting though.  They've now tossed another Speaker candidate just when we're finding out that Mark Meadows has flipped.  When will there finally be enough truth out there that the entire Republican Party can stop running scared from the guy who plays an invisible accordion?

If I were Donald, I'd be gassing up the Trump plane and packing for Saudi Arabia.  Meadows is a big get.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 9

44 minutes ago, Xan said:

I knew Emmer was dead in the water the minute that Donny weighed in on the mess.  He just can't handle anyone saying that he lost the election.  (Not to mention that he might need help again to cheat his way into the presidency.)  The timing is interesting though.  They've now tossed another Speaker candidate just when we're finding out that Mark Meadows has flipped.  When will there finally be enough truth out there that the entire Republican Party can stop running scared from the guy who plays an invisible accordion?

If I were Donald, I'd be gassing up the Trump plane and packing for Saudi Arabia.  Meadows is a big get.

Looks to me like he'd have to make a stop somewhere too since a Trump Force One simply wouldn't have the range to fly from Malware-a-tugjob non-stop that wouldn't extradite his ass back to the US. 

• Upvote 3

At this point there can't be a sane republican (or semi sane) who wants to be speaker. Anybody with half a brain has to realize the the ultra right wingers will not go for you and you will look like a fool on national news.

God this is embarrassing as an American.

I would like to believe that there would be some sane? republicans who will finally give up and side with democrats. But it's like they're in a cult and can't turn against Dear Leader.

It is looking very scary that the actual plan is to install Trump as a dictator. Even with what we've all been through I just didn't believe we'd be back to this. It seems clear to me that they must be having these talks (about taking over the gov). The scant details we have about the meetings what's his name had after the election about not certifying the results and considering bringing in troops to seize vote machines etc etc. It's been disturbing that actual grown ups in the government had ongoing plans about how to take over the government and nobody  like...I dunno...turned them in at them time. and even now, people don't seem to be taking it seriously.

If they talked about all that then, before what's his name was even charged, what are they talking about behind closed doors now??? What's his name has to be significantly more motivated this time...and last time he was willing to use troops and considered martial law. What is  the escalation after that?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I love Joy’s reaction:

• Haha 10

In other words, he’s a MAGAt douche canoe. 
image.thumb.png.2ecf1f2abb8cd66362cf31efe57d3b32.png

More:

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 7

Is that douchecanoe actually going to become the next pilot of the clown car? So far no „other“ votes, almost halfway through …

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

Is that douchecanoe actually going to become the next pilot of the clown car? So far no „other“ votes, almost halfway through …

It seems that way:

image.png.3ec3d40fa5ec885d0b229a05008c3388.png

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

18 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Looks to me like he'd have to make a stop somewhere too since a Trump Force One simply wouldn't have the range to fly from Malware-a-tugjob non-stop that wouldn't extradite his ass back to the US. 

He's got far more than enough range to make it to Cuba, though, and there are Russian airlines running out of Cuba multiple times daily. Florida isn't a bad place to be if you find yourself in a situation where you might need to flee to the protection of your Russian bestie. 

• Upvote 4

Sigh. Johnson made the 217+ votes. So we will have an election-denier as second in line for the presidency. 

I wonder how the arms were twisted.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 1

11 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sigh. Johnson made the 217+ votes. So we will have an election-denier as second in line for the presidency. 

I wonder how the arms were twisted.

This is really bad. An election denier is Speaker of the House? This does not bode well for January 6, 2025.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 12