IGNORED

House of Representatives 5: The Clown Caucus is Throwing Their Toys Out of The Playpen

GreyhoundFan

20 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

This is really bad. An election denier is Speaker of the House? This does not bode well for January 6, 2025.

I think Trump gave away the plan a couple days ago, telling his MAGA minions they don't need to vote, just to go and watch the polls for cheating (which means intimidate people who might not vote for him). An election denier as speaker helps this plan as well. 

I don't think it's too far into tin-foil-hat territory to believe it's likely that Trump's plan is to declare himself president after the election, no matter what the votes say (with a high chance there's some vote-tampering planned in his favor alongside), and he thinks with an election denying speaker and the number of R politicians afraid to say a word against him, he'll be ushered right in. Whereupon he'll expand his own power, pardon himself from everything, declare himself leader for life, and then spend the rest of his time playing golf and basking in the admiration of his cult-like followers while the country crumbles. 

Hopefully the plan won't work, but I have no doubt that's Trump's ideal situation. 

• I Agree 17

1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

He's got far more than enough range to make it to Cuba, though, and there are Russian airlines running out of Cuba multiple times daily. Florida isn't a bad place to be if you find yourself in a situation where you might need to flee to the protection of your Russian bestie. 

Good point. Hadn’t thought about that.  Of course could you see fuck face flying commercial?  

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I don't think it's too far into tin-foil-hat territory to believe it's likely that Trump's plan is to declare himself president after the election, no matter what the votes say (with a high chance there's some vote-tampering planned in his favor alongside), and he thinks with an election denying speaker and the number of R politicians afraid to say a word against him, he'll be ushered right in. Whereupon he'll expand his own power, pardon himself from everything, declare himself leader for life, and then spend the rest of his time playing golf and basking in the admiration of his cult-like followers while the country crumbles. 

Hopefully the plan won't work, but I have no doubt that's Trump's ideal situation. 

No, it isn't but after seeing what happened January 6th and seeing everything that has happened since in Washington and just around the US (MAGATs), I fear this. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

Johnson is extremely bad news.  He's everything we rail against here on FJ. 

Fundamentalist, patriarchal, presumably MAGA, retrograde, wants to criminalize LGBTIQA+, election denier, well rounded in the "complete piece of shit" department.  

• I Agree 20

What the actual fuck?

• Eyeroll 10
  • WTF 7

Up is down, light is dark, water is dry...

It's like part of the country is living in the opposite reality from the rest of us.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

The heck with separation of church and state:

• Upvote 2
  • Disgust 6
  • Eyeroll 3
  • WTF 4

Johnson's win is almost enough to make me wish this would happen.

DSEarth.thumb.jpg.d9dc0bcbe1ec0082a1d606fd82e0556f.jpg

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Johnson is also anti choice, hates social security (Ponzi scheme!), wants to nuke MediCare, thinks Covid and climate change are hoaxes, vaccines are dangerous.

No, SRSLY, I'm longing for the good old days with Kevin.  

• Upvote 9

This is scary and makes it look like the Democrats miscalculated by not backing Kevin.

But I refuse to blame this on the Democrats. No way no how. This is 100% a Republican mess.

I can't help but think about the turmoil in Israel. They are in crisis and at war but have a government far to the right of the population.

We are not so different.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

Reed from The Lincoln Project has weighed in about the new speaker of the house. Don't know much about Johnson? Watch this video and it will give you nightmares. Can we please start our little Free Jinger independent country now?

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

I'm very curious to know why the moderates went for this guy - how is he any different from the other crazy right wingers?

What is wrong with democrats that they can't rally voters? I just do not understand.

I'm now in a world where is seems reasonable and entirely plausible that what's his name is going to take over the government and install himself dictator and half the population will cheer this. Even if he loses the votes. Clearly the republicans are ready to not certify any results they don't like and seems like they are working feverishly behind the scenes to make sure they've set it up better than last time. Like last time they came so close that this time they're not thinking "whoops, shouldn't support a coup" instead they're thinking "man last time our coup didn't work out, how can resolve those issues so next time goes smoothly"

and the rest of the country is just like tra la la la la.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

I'm very curious to know why the moderates went for this guy - how is he any different from the other crazy right wingers?

What is wrong with democrats that they can't rally voters? I just do not understand.

I'm now in a world where is seems reasonable and entirely plausible that what's his name is going to take over the government and install himself dictator and half the population will cheer this. Even if he loses the votes. Clearly the republicans are ready to not certify any results they don't like and seems like they are working feverishly behind the scenes to make sure they've set it up better than last time. Like last time they came so close that this time they're not thinking "whoops, shouldn't support a coup" instead they're thinking "man last time our coup didn't work out, how can resolve those issues so next time goes smoothly"

and the rest of the country is just like tra la la la la.

I am guessing they are desperate to get back to business. There is a backlog of serious legislation that will take weeks to undo including the budget. Maybe?

I feel like we should be marching in the streets or something.

• I Agree 4

I think Johnson is a nightmare but he's also not that smart.  He will have trouble getting up to speed just trying to follow the rules of order.  As far as getting someone else -- that wasn't going to happen.  The rightwingers would never have voted for anyone who accepted Biden's win and the moderates were too scared of the voters and the party to reach across the aisle.  So, we're stuck with Johnson but I don't think we were ever going to get someone better.  At any rate, he might not last.  If he runs afoul of his party, they'll kick him to the curb just like they yeeted Kevin.

I feel sure that they'll try to pull the funding for Ukraine because that's what Trump (and Putin) want.  They'll try to shut down the government for the same reason.  The Repubs are chaos agents now.  I'm only hoping that the Senate, the President, and the courts can keep a lid on things until Trump finally gets convicted of treason (or any major crime).  Keeping him out of the White House is the only way this country might survive.  

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

'm very curious to know why the moderates went for this guy - how is he any different from the other crazy right wingers?

Can we please stop pretending there is any such thing as a moderate republican in this current congress? Any moderate Republicans could have ended this debacle weeks ago by voting for Hakeem Jeffries.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 10

4 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Can we please stop pretending there is any such thing as a moderate republican in this current congress? Any moderate Republicans could have ended this debacle weeks ago by voting for Hakeem Jeffries.

True.  The Overton Window has now moved so far to the right that the current Republicans would classify Nixon as a liberal.  Anyone who isn't borderline fascist is as close as they come to being moderate.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

7 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Well I was really  meaning the "moderates" who were previously voting against the far right ones and resisting the gaetz group.  

I have never though any republican was actually moderate.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

image.png.7b99aa3f3be9673f7d5ef65066b11616.png

I like George’s response:

image.thumb.png.eef3267491204d28d07f0b710c900908.png

image.png.6c77290ea91bac331773b8a5732e90b8.png

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

I have zero doubt that Johnson will hold the nation hostage via not passing a budget until there are concessions on abortion, social security, and whatever ever else the MAGA Christian Nationalistas can add to their agenda wet dreams. 

Until that guy surrenders the gavel, we are so totally F**KED. 

Also, side note, I find it hugely ironic that none of those guys see God's hand in raising up  Biden to lead the nation.  Joe Biden, that guy who carries his son's rosary in his pocket,  goes to Mass every Sunday and has accomplished so much in his presidency. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7

17 hours ago, Howl said:

Also, side note, I find it hugely ironic that none of those guys see God's hand in raising up  Biden to lead the nation.  Joe Biden, that guy who carries his son's rosary in his pocket,  goes to Mass every Sunday and has accomplished so much in his presidency. 

Silly @Howl, don’t you know that God is a MAGAt?  At least that’s what these yahoos think. MAGA God would never allow a Dem to win anything  

• Upvote 8