IGNORED

Crazy Preachers!

I couldn't find a place to put this, so decided we need a place to highlight absolutely wingnut preachers of every stripe and gender. 

Curt Landry caught my attention today for trying to pray away Hurricane Idalia.  Curt and Christine are not anywhere near Idalia's path and I sincerely hope that nobody who is in the path of the destructive hurricane listens to this man.  

Landry seems to be a prophetic Jewish Christian -- they blow shofars on air and he wears a a kippah when baptizing people and there is a Friday Shabbat message.  

He's also a major Trump humper. 

If ya want more of this: 

Shabbat Service

Every Friday night at 7:30 PM CT, Curt Landry Ministries goes live from House of David to worship, light the Shabbat candles, blow shofars, pray, and give a prophetic word.

• Thank You 13

LOL, God is all powerful and created everything and controls everything!

But we're going to have to insist this rogue ungodly hurricane back the heck up.

But if it doesn't, we will just proclaim that God actually sent it to punish sinners. 

• Upvote 16

He needs to call Kenneth Copeland. He will blow away the hurricane in the name of Jesus. 

BDF1D43D-AB01-4CAF-9450-18B8FA1C3E31.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Haha 16

24 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He needs to call Kenneth Copeland.

Lawzamercy, if anyone is demon possessed, it's surely Kenneth Copeland. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 3

Pat Robertson is finally dead, but surely there's another "Christian" brave and assholey enough to blame the hurricane on LGBTQ folks. Or maybe a Trumphumper will blame it on Ron DeSantis? The hurricane is headed to Tallahassee, Florida's capital and the site of the governor's mansion.

• Upvote 7

Florida should be ok, Kat Kerr is looking out for them too. 

Spoiler

Does she actually buy into her own nonsense or is it 100% grift?

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1

14 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Florida should be ok, Kat Kerr is looking out for them too. 

Hide contents

Does she actually buy into her own nonsense or is it 100% grift?

I honestly think it could be both?

This stuff is so EASY that I'm honestly surprised more people don't do it.

Say the right words, cry on cue, know when to make the audience angry and how to tug their heartstrings, that stuff might take a little work. But the basics are easy. Claim you understand God, use appropriate Bible verses to back up whatever you say. Publically pray for whatever your audience wants, and assure them God loves them and cares for them. Then pass the offering plate.

If the hurricane fades off a bit or does little damage, she can imply to her marks that it was her prayers and such that caused it, get they hyped up and celebratory and then pass the offering plate (can be virtual, doesn't have to be a literal in person thing). If it doesn't, she proclaims that it was an attack by satan. She might also give a cause that made God allow satan to do that - usually whatever the newest conservative scare tactic is... might be a drag show, or abortion not being totally illegal, or a general "increase in immorality in our wicked modern time" or something. Then get all sad and weepy about the war against Christianity and how they need to hold strong and make sacrifices to combat the enemy... and then pass the plate.

If what she prays for, no matter what it is, happens - she's successful and godly and her followers will eat that up. If what she prays for doesn't happen, it's an attack by satan, sadly allowed by god as punishment for sin, and she's working SO hard to combat it... and her followers will eat that up too. And more importantly, open their wallets.

I think some of these people are pure grifters. But I think some of them got sucked in themselves, then realized they could do that too, and here they are.

Edited by Alisamer
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

Thanks for starting this thread, @Howl  There are so many “how can anyone take this person seriously?!” people out there! 

Todd White is a great example of someone getting rich on parlor tricks. 

Edited by Giraffe
Adding link
  • Thank You 4

Hadn't heard of Landry before, but he seems to be a successful grifter. Just look at this list of achievements from the 2022 annual report:

Wecanhazsuccess.thumb.jpg.4d10a9b77126714b0f1b931794311af0.jpg

But, wait! Maybe we need to take a second look before giving Curt our hard-earned dollars:

CharityNavigatorRatingforCurtLandry.thumb.png.3bc98635812bec055502f22441ce85bd.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

But, wait! Maybe we need to take a second look before giving Curt our hard-earned dollars:

Thanks for posting this... what site did you get that ratio from? I assume that's the % of donations that aren't soaked up by "overhead"?

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Giraffe said:

Is that Uhtred son of Uhtred sometimes Ragnarsson of Bebbanburg? (The guy with white-person locs reminds of Last Kingdom)

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

what site did you get that ratio from?

Charity Navigator but it looks like Guidestar has a bit more info, including their IRS 990 for 2021.

This screenshot is quite something:

CurtLandryScam.thumb.png.83481c3f25fbea3f9b7a3841b2ab9cf0.png

ETA: as is this page from the 2021 IRS 990:

BigbucksatCurtLandry.thumb.png.ec5a9669be49cd7cd5dfcc4c2989f69c.png

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Thank You 5

11 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Charity Navigator but it looks like Guidestar has a bit more info, including their IRS 990 for 2021.

This screenshot is quite something:

CurtLandryScam.thumb.png.83481c3f25fbea3f9b7a3841b2ab9cf0.png

ETA: as is this page from the 2021 IRS 990:

BigbucksatCurtLandry.thumb.png.ec5a9669be49cd7cd5dfcc4c2989f69c.png

Crudity warning:

JillRod would cream her panties at the thought of grifting this much money.

• I Agree 3

15 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

this page from the 2021 IRS 990

Good night! Over $300k.

See, this is why I believe all churches and religious organizations should be required to file a 990. If you have nothing to be ashamed of, if you want to demonstrate it's about caring for people and not raking in the big bucks, then full disclosure.

Edited by Antipatriarch
require a 990
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

31 minutes ago, Antipatriarch said:

See, this is why I believe all churches and religious organizations should be required to file a 990.

ITA and I am now leaning towards removing tax exemptions for all non-profits. The IRS is clearly incapable of policing the myriad of frauds out there.

Re: the Landry IRS 990. You just know that a lot more money is filling his pockets that is not included in those columns.

• Upvote 7

On 8/30/2023 at 5:30 PM, shesinsane said:

Pat Robertson is finally dead, but surely there's another "Christian" brave and assholey enough to blame the hurricane on LGBTQ folks. Or maybe a Trumphumper will blame it on Ron DeSantis? The hurricane is headed to Tallahassee, Florida's capital and the site of the governor's mansion.

Didn’t ol’ Pat claim to have prayed a hurricane away from CBN headquarters?

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, smittykins said:

Didn’t ol’ Pat claim to have prayed a hurricane away from CBN headquarters?

Robertson claimed to have prayed away a hurricane at least twice, Hurricane Gloria in 1985 and Hurricane Florence in 2018. 

It remains a mystery what Robertson was praying for when Hurricanes Beryl (1994), Fran (1996), Dennis (1999), Gordon (2000), Bill (2003), Isabel (2003), Cindy (2005), or Ivan* (2006) blew through Lynchburg.

*Just to name a few, more at https://www.homefacts.com/hurricanes/Virginia/Lynchburg-City-County/Lynchburg.html

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

Greg Locke demolishes a dollhouse and describes the color of demon-based vomit. But let's not give him the views - it's more fun to see The Skeptick react to it:

Spoiler

• Thank You 3

Obviously a demon-possessed man, who ranted on about biblical marriage forever, had an affair, divorced wife #1 and then married to his lover immediately after the divorce was final, because biblical marriage, amiright? 

"After months of denying they were in an intimate relationship before his recent divorce, Greg Locke, the outspoken internet preacher and lead pastor of Global Vision Bible Church in Tennessee, has married his administrative assistant and ex-wife's best friend, Tai Cowan McGee...Locke said Thursday he will continue preaching against divorce despite his failed marriage.

The Christian Post:  Popular Internet Pastor Greg Locke Marries Church Assistant After Divorce

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 2
  • Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 1

17 hours ago, Howl said:

Obviously a demon-possessed man, who ranted on about biblical marriage forever, had an affair, divorced wife #1 and then married to his lover immediately after the divorce was final, because biblical marriage, amiright? 

"After months of denying they were in an intimate relationship before his recent divorce, Greg Locke, the outspoken internet preacher and lead pastor of Global Vision Bible Church in Tennessee, has married his administrative assistant and ex-wife's best friend, Tai Cowan McGee...Locke said Thursday he will continue preaching against divorce despite his failed marriage.

The Christian Post:  Popular Internet Pastor Greg Locke Marries Church Assistant After Divorce

He also blamed his wife for the divorce. He blamed her mental health. He’s a disgusting man. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He also blamed his wife for the divorce. He blamed her mental health. He’s a disgusting man. 

He's a disgusting man. I would also put him at the top of the list for most immediately and personally dangerous, above even Steven Anderson and Company. Greg Locke has been in the company of the Proud Boys a number of times. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

He's a disgusting man. I would also put him at the top of the list for most immediately and personally dangerous, above even Steven Anderson and Company. Greg Locke has been in the company of the Proud Boys a number of times. 

And TAM loves him. I’ve been hoping they would have an affair leaked so I can laugh. But they seem platonic for the most part. 

• Haha 6

What do we know about Tony Evans? Someone I know mentioned him, and how he likes to listen to his sermons. I've never heard of the guy, and would really like to know more about his beliefs.

2 hours ago, FilleMondaine said:

What do we know about Tony Evans? Someone I know mentioned him, and how he likes to listen to his sermons. I've never heard of the guy, and would really like to know more about his beliefs.

https://tonyevans.org/. Here is more information about him. His daughter Priscilla Shirer is a popular women's speaker and appeared in the Pure Flix film War Room.

• Thank You 2