IGNORED

A Breakdown of Christian Denominations

clueliss

Useful Charts YouTube channel is 7 (of currently planned 8 episodes) of a series of Christian “denominations.”  I found this really interesting.  Yes, it does include Roman Catholic and Eastern Orthodox.  

Spoiler

Sorry

Episode 1 origins and early schisms.

Spoiler

Episode 2 Catholic and E Orthodox

Spoiler

Episode 3 Anglicans, Lutherans & Reformed.

Spoiler

Episode 4 this one gets into Anabaptists and Quakers.  (And that’s anabaptist not Baptist)

Spoiler

Episode 5 (Baptists and Methodists)

Spoiler

Episode 6 Mormons, Adventists and JWs.

Spoiler

Episode 7 Pentecostals and Charismatics also gets more into the Holiness Movement.

Spoiler

Ep 8 is scheduled for June 23.  

he also references the channel Ready to Harvest which I’m about to dive into where I can see a video listed titled 20+ tykes if baptists explained.

This is the first place I’ve seen the origin of what my mom always called “northern baptist” that never made sense to anyone else, including pastors and I can now explain (led to American Baptist Conference)

wanted to share because we are in general a curious lot here and from time to time I see questions about denominations  etc and thought folks here would find it useful.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

Useful Charts is one of my favorites! You would not think  obscure family trees and charts would be so fascinating  but those two guys make it happen. 

Also I highly recommend Religion for Breakfast. Just as  fun and informative. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you for the Useful Charts recommendation.  I just watched the cat DNA video, and it was fascinating.  Looking forward to working my way through the channel. 

• Love 1