IGNORED

Trump 60: Haul Out The Popcorn, It Is Finally Indictment Week!

GreyhoundFan

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I think a big attraction for many of his fans is that he gives them permission to be racist and misogynistic. 

Good point. They see a president saying things so they feel they can say it also. 

Edited by Jana814
  • Upvote 5

On 4/28/2023 at 12:58 PM, libgirl2 said:

What a diverse and multicultural group he has there. 

Sadly, I just enlarged the photo to see if any of my family members are part of the crew. 

Happily, they are not. For now, anyway. There’s one branch of my family tree that has gone round the bend…

6 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Do we have an extradition pact with Scotland?

Even if we don’t, I can see the Scots peppering him with some wildly creative insults before manually yeeting him back across the ocean. 

• Upvote 7

image.png.ec8dd174b5aa5502ed31dc8e3f3a09a0.pngimage.thumb.png.51440162b75f2726c2ff1857823ff531.png

• Thank You 11

I’m angry that CNN is giving TFG a free platform to spread his crap. I used to love CNN, but now can’t watch it.  
image.thumb.png.722b5593793ad5422e3e5348acf8f03c.png

• Upvote 4
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6

8 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I’m angry that CNN is giving TFG a free platform to spread his crap. I used to love CNN, but now can’t watch it.  

Oh for the love of Rufus, STOP GIVING OXYGEN TO THIS DUMPSTER FIRE OF A PERSON!  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

Such class /s

• Disgust 1
  • Eyeroll 8
  • WTF 1

7 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Such class /s

If "The Press" stopped covering him, he'd hate that - but it would sure make me happy.  

• I Agree 12

"Trump, irritated by questions about Manhattan probe, sought reporter’s removal"

Former president Donald Trump got so irritated with an NBC reporter’s questions about a Manhattan criminal investigation that he grabbed the journalist’s phones and demanded that he be removed from an airplane interview, according to audio of the exchange obtained by The Washington Post and as first reported by Vanity Fair.

The incident unfolded as Trump, who is seeking the Republican nomination in 2024, was speaking to a small group of reporters aboard his plane after his March 25 campaign rally in Waco, Tex.

The week before, Trump had predicted that he would soon be arrested in the Manhattan district attorney’s criminal investigation into hush money payments to an adult-film actress during the 2016 presidential campaign. On social media, Trump called on his supporters to protest, and kept up a steady stream of attacks against the Manhattan district attorney, Alvin Bragg. The former president was ultimately indicted March 30 and arraigned April 4, when he pleaded not guilty to 34 felony criminal charges of falsifying business records.

At the outset of the March 25 gaggle, however, Trump was primarily focused on the rally he had just held in Waco, asking reporters whether they had enjoyed the event and boasting of a crowd size of “25,000-plus people.” (The San Antonio Express-News reported that the crowd was closer to 15,000 people.)

“You know, there’s never been anything like it in history. If Ronald Reagan came back from the dead — which would be very nice, actually — or a popular politician, you would have 300, 400 people?” Trump said, before dinging his potential 2024 rival, Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R). “Ron DeSanctimonious had 179. So far, that’s been his biggest crowd in Iowa.”

The journalists traveling on the plane with Trump included Vaughn Hillyard of NBC, Brian Glenn of Right Side Broadcasting Network, Sophia Cai of Axios, Rob Crilly of the Daily Mail, and Evan Vucci, a photographer with the Associated Press, according to photographs taken on board the plane and audio recordings of the gaggle.

After Trump lamented the treatment of those who were jailed in Washington on charges related to the Jan. 6, 2021, attack on the U.S. Capitol, Crilly can be heard asking Trump to comment on the Manhattan district attorney’s investigation.

“They have no evidence, they have no anything,” Trump said, dismissing the case at length.

Later, Hillyard asked Trump about payments from his former lawyer, Michael Cohen, to adult-film actress Stormy Daniels. Trump waved the payments off as evidence that Cohen “wanted to ingratiate himself to me, to show me what a hotshot he was.”

After a few minutes, Hillyard noted that Trump had “seemed frustrated” by the investigation over the past couple of days, ostensibly referring to his social media posts lashing out at Bragg.

“I’m not frustrated by anything. What am I, frustrated? — I just did a speech for two hours,” Trump said, cutting Hillyard off. “I’m not frustrated by it. It’s a fake investigation. We did nothing wrong — I told you that. … It’s the exact opposite. This is fake news, and NBC is one of the worst at it. Don’t ask me any more questions.”

Trump continued bashing the case to the reporters for a few minutes, answering follow-up questions from Glenn and Crilly, who asked to clarify whether Trump felt “distracted” rather than frustrated.

“I’m not distracted, no. I did nothing wrong,” Trump said. “I don’t do it that way. I did nothing wrong. I have a lot of confidence.”

At one point, Trump told Hillyard, unprompted, “I heard you’re a nice guy from NBC, but you’re not.” Hillyard later noted that Trump had played footage from the Jan. 6 attack at his Waco rally, and that he had warned of “potential death & destruction” in a Truth Social post if he was indicted.

“My question to you: Would potentially violence be justifiable? Was Jan. 6 justifiable?” Hillyard asked.

“I’m not for violence at all. But a lot of people are upset,” Trump said, before repeating his baseless claims of widespread election fraud in the 2020 election that cost him the presidency. “I’m not in favor of violence.”

Nearly 20 minutes into the gaggle, Hillyard can be heard trying to ask one more question about the Manhattan criminal investigation.

“I don’t want to talk to you,” Trump said. “You’re not a nice guy.”

When Hillyard presses on, Trump is heard demanding, “Let’s go, get him out of here. Outta here! Outta here!” and then asking if a phone on the table is Hillyard’s.

“Whose is this?” Trump asked.

“That one’s mine, too,” Hillyard said, referring to another phone.

In the audio, a soft thud can be heard as Trump tossed the phones to the side. The journalists were ushered away from Trump, who remained seated at the table, according to a person on the flight who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss the exchange.

Hillyard and representatives for NBC did not respond to requests for comment Tuesday. When asked about the incident, Trump campaign spokesman Steven Cheung said in an email that Trump “has had many mainstream reporters on the plane this election (including from Washington Post) and no negative incidents" ever occurred.

Trump has long had a contentious relationship with the media. Throughout his first campaign, he regularly lashed out at the press, singling out news outlets as being “dishonest” and at one point barring The Washington Post from covering his events. During his time in office, he dubbed the press “the enemy of the American People!” and often declared that coverage he disliked was “fake news.”

In addition to the Manhattan criminal case, Trump is mired in numerous other legal battles, including an investigation led by the New York attorney general into alleged fraud at his family business, a lawsuit from author E. Jean Carroll who accused Trump of raping her in the 1990s, and an investigation into his efforts to overturn the results of the 2020 presidential election in Georgia.

Federal prosecutors also are investigating efforts to overturn the 2020 election and classified documents taken to Mar-a-Lago, Trump’s Florida home and private club. Attorney General Merrick Garland appointed Jack Smith as special counsel to investigate the former president.

• Thank You 6

He loves the poorly educated, so he doesn’t want anyone to get a quality education  

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

How long do you think it will be before Donny outright promises to let the MAGA people shoot Democrats anywhere, anytime?  First, they need to control the women and make sure those pesky young people have trouble voting.  Then they need to make sure that no immigrants are allowed in and that people of color are discouraged from voting.  Ban books.  Close down public schools.  Install conservatives on all college boards.  After that, they might as well just start shooting at us.

Trump is laughing it up over at his golf course.  McCarthy is trying to get the US to default on its debt.  And the Supreme Court now thinks they're all emperors.  I'm getting a little testy.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

image.png.e6efd0900832c1e96643dd230d026907.png

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 3

21 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.e6efd0900832c1e96643dd230d026907.png

Very sad that just about everyone OUTSIDE the country can easily see what so many within the US can not.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

He’s due in Ireland sometime this week and one of the headlines in today’s Irish Times is ‘Trump’s Doonbeg golf course reports losses of €16 million since 2014’

🤣🤣🤣

So Much Winning! 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

23 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I wish they would report him but also fact check the hell out of him. Play it straight- headlines like "Trump lies through debate" would help.

23 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Such class /s

Still can't believe they let him leave the country.

15 hours ago, Becky said:

If "The Press" stopped covering him, he'd hate that - but it would sure make me happy.  

Me too. But I'll settle for no praise, no audio and a lot of negative fact checking.

• Upvote 12

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 7

5 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Me too. But I'll settle for no praise, no audio and a lot of negative fact checking.

I wish they'd make a statement like:  "Given the candidate's history, our presumption is that everything he is claiming is a lie.  Nevertheless, for the sake of fairness and as a tenet of good journalism we will be fact-checking each of his assertions and will share our findings."

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 4

I don't think Trump's given up.  He's just decided that it doesn't matter.  It's a civil case so they will award her damages -- which Trump will appeal.  He'll say that the whole thing was made up and that she was backed by Soros or some other Democratic money source.  He'll say it's fake news and his followers will believe it.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

https://apple.news/A_S32wtwuSC-_oHniWVlGQg

Judge throws out Trump lawsuit against New York Times

The former president sued the newspaper alleging an ‘insidious’ plot to secure his tax records

Donald Trump’s lawsuit against the New York Times was tossed out by a New York Supreme Court judge on Wednesday, with the former president being ordered to pay all attorney’s fees, other legal expenses and associated costs.

Trump, who is facing a number of legal battles, filed the $100 million lawsuit in 2021, alleging that the Times and his niece, Mary Trump, had worked together on “an insidious plot” to secure his tax records for a story on his tax issues, which went on to win a Pulitzer Prize. The lawsuit claimed that interactions between three Times reporters and his niece led to a “breach of contract” of a 2001 family confidentiality agreement.

New York Supreme Court Justice Robert Reed said Wednesday that Trump’s claims failed “as a matter of constitutional law.”

“Courts have long recognized that reporters are entitled to engage in legal and ordinary newsgathering activities without fear of tort liability,” the judge said.

“The New York Times is pleased with the judge’s decision today,” Charlie Stadtlander, a spokesperson for the Times, said in a statement. “It is an important precedent reaffirming that the press is protected when it engages in routine newsgathering to obtain information of vital importance to the public.”

There was no decision on the allegation against Trump’s niece, who acknowledged she was the primary source for the Times’s story.

“We are pleased the court reached the correct ruling dismissing Mr. Trump’s frivolous case against The NY Times and its reporters,” said Theodore Boutrous Jr., the attorney representing Mary Trump. “We are confident the court will also protect Ms. Trump’s exercise of her First Amendment rights.”

He’s going to have to sell a few more NFTs, trading cards, and MAGA merch to pay off all the fees he’s been hit with in this particular windmill tilt. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 4

Donny and the power of positive thinking:

Screenshot(13787).png.b4fd829ca1fd7893729070d0062a319a.png

So, Sparky -- what happened the last time you were in office and said you were securing the border?  Didn't get much done, did you?

And for my positive thinking exercise, I'm starting to imagine Trump on house arrest.

• Upvote 13

Trump now says that he will come back from his trip early and confront E. Jean Carroll.  I'm not sure if he's really going to do this or if he's just saying it to look less like a coward.  There have been some questions from reporters in Ireland about the case.

Frankly, I really, really hope that he does come back and they put him on the stand.  He will make a total mess of it.

https://www.rawstory.com/e-jean-carroll-2659952031/

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 4

11 hours ago, Xan said:

Donny and the power of positive thinking:

Screenshot(13787).png.b4fd829ca1fd7893729070d0062a319a.png

So, Sparky -- what happened the last time you were in office and said you were securing the border?  Didn't get much done, did you?

And for my positive thinking exercise, I'm starting to imagine Trump on house arrest.

I love your positive thinking exercise! May I add with no internet access and no other communication devices so his followers can't hear his empty thoughts?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Yeah, this is a likely outcome 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

Good grief

• Eyeroll 10
  • WTF 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • Destiny unpinned this topic