IGNORED

Doug Wilson 2: Christian Nationalism, Dominionism and Excuses for Abuse

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, bea said:

He's just so TOXIC.  The man is a religious troll and I"m not sure why he has such a following.

Because there are always wannabe edgelords, and someone being christian doesn't make that go away.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, stylites said:

Because there are always wannabe edgelords, and someone being christian doesn't make that go away.

That's the one consolation I have about all Wilson's cronies. They're way more power hungry and authoritarian than any of Doug Phillips' hangers-on. If/when the Wilson empire collapses the higher ups won't disappear and never talk about it again, like all the VF -ers; they'll destroy themselves and each other trying to fight to be king of the ruins. If they make each other mad enough then all the skeletons will come out of the closet.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Columbia said:

If/when the Wilson empire collapses the higher ups won't disappear and never talk about it again, like all the VF -ers; they'll destroy themselves and each other trying to fight to be king of the ruins.

First rule of conflict: let the assholes get in a fight with each other -- because they always will.

• Upvote 4

On 6/29/2023 at 7:14 PM, Columbia said:

That's the one consolation I have about all Wilson's cronies. They're way more power hungry and authoritarian than any of Doug Phillips' hangers-on. If/when the Wilson empire collapses the higher ups won't disappear and never talk about it again, like all the VF -ers; they'll destroy themselves and each other trying to fight to be king of the ruins. If they make each other mad enough then all the skeletons will come out of the closet.

I think - sadly - that they might have a surprising amount of staying power.  The roots of the various movements in the 'Great American Redoubt' go back a long way, in some cases back to the Civil War and the subsequent migration of former Confedrates to the frontiers in Oregon/Idaho/Washington.  I suspect most of them have their own skeletons which they probably all regard as regrettable side effects of trying to be 'faithful Christians',

• Upvote 4

• 3 weeks later...

How the Doug Wilson thing works - posted today on Examining Doug Wilson & Moscow, Idaho's facebook account:  

Doug Wilson has built a cult of personality around himself, by which he radicalizes Christian men and women. This radicalization results in the destruction of friendships, marriages, families, churches and sometimes entire communities.

“See to it that no one takes you captive through hollow and deceptive philosophy, which depends on human tradition and the elemental spiritual forces of this world rather than on Christ.” (Colossians 2:8)

THE MEN BECOME CAPTIVATED - Under the influence of his blog, conferences, books, videos, Canon+ content, and other media, Christian men quickly become captivated that they are joining a holy mission, with a holy purpose. This “holy mission” involves going into a church and introducing Wilson’s books and other content. This process starts out friendly, but quickly becomes aggressive and thuggish. It often results in church splits. These men are far from the heart of God with their aggressive, bullying, divisive, church destroying tactics. They learn these tactics from Wilson and his various media affiliations and entities.

THE WOMEN BECOME CAPTIVATED- Wilson’s wife (Nancy Wilson) and his daughters (Rebekah Merkle and Rachel Jankovic) serve to captivate women, particularly young mamas. They do this by convincing this vulnerable audience, to sign on to this holy mission with their part: having as many children as possible, children who will grow up to become either culture warriors (the men) or breeders (the women). In the beginning, women often embrace this role with zeal, but ultimately often become broken and despairing because of the misogynistic way women are viewed under Doug Wilson’s influence. All the #dancingbackwards and webinars on potlucks and curating a beautiful home can’t fix a marriage in which a husband has been radicalized into a tyrant.

It’s all a big grifting con of pay-to-play content, content convincing Christians to purchase Doug Wilson’s “secret sauce” formula for the Christian life.

But God does not mean for us to live by formulas, but by every word that comes from the mouth of God (Matthew 4:4).

There is no secret sauce. There is no formula. This life is complex, and difficult. People are complex, and unique, each one uniquely crafted with different gifts and talents. There is no one-size-fits-all.

Love is the fulfillment of the law. We are to love God and love neighbor as we love ourselves. We are to hold fast to Christ as He holds fast to us… a profound mystery there. This love should be manifest in how we engage with everyone around us, both believer and unbeliever alike.

Doug Wilson, and his devotees do not manifest that love. They are aggressive, bullying, hostile, vicious and cult-like in how they navigate. They captivate insecure men and radicalize them into terrorizing monsters in their homes. We know this because their wives find us in droves, begging for help.

The purpose of this grifting con is to make Doug Wilson and his family very rich. This pattern of greed is described well, and succinctly, in both Jude and 2 Peter:

“What sorrow awaits them! For they follow in the footsteps of Cain, who killed his brother. Like Balaam, they deceive people for money.” (Jude 1:11)

“The harm these men will suffer is the wages of their wickedness. They consider it a pleasure to carouse in broad daylight. They are blots and blemishes, reveling in their deception as they feast with you. Their eyes are full of adultery; their desire for sin is never satisfied; they entice those who are unsteady. They are accursed, and have hearts trained in greed. They have left the straight way and wandered off to follow the way of Balaam son of Beor, who loved the wages of wickedness.” (2 Peter 2:13-15)

NOW FOR THE VIDEO -

The attached video is for pastors and other church leaders who speak up to warn about Doug Wilson and his influence in the church.

There is also a brief segment at the end about what happens to a regular Christian who is not in leadership, who tries to warn about Doug Wilson’s influence.

The pattern is:

• The Velvet Gloves Treatment

• The Gloves Come Off

• Cult Like Tactics

Link to video: Turning the “handles”: Examining how Doug Wilson silences those who warn about him.

• Thank You 9

Interesting writeup on a recent all-male discussion panel from the anti-abortion Operation Save America conference last week. Includes a cameo from one of Doug Wilson acolyte Gabriel Rench and speculation that ending abortion may require a civil war.

https://coloradonewsline.com/2023/07/24/anti-abortion-religious-murder-pregnant-people/

• Thank You 2

On 7/25/2023 at 5:18 PM, NachosFlandersStyle said:

Interesting writeup on a recent all-male discussion panel from the anti-abortion Operation Save America conference last week. Includes a cameo from one of Doug Wilson acolyte Gabriel Rench and speculation that ending abortion may require a civil war.

https://coloradonewsline.com/2023/07/24/anti-abortion-religious-murder-pregnant-people/

All I can think when I read this stuff is, “what a bunch of insecure man boys. They all sound like such losers.” Sorry but how can any woman stand to be around men like this? And then I remember all the women I’ve come across that are just as sexist, mean and insecure as these men. 

• Upvote 3

In which Meg Basham, the Daily Wire's new mouthpiece for Doug Wilson who protects pedophiles, finds out just what Doug's fans think of women. (Link and picture for Twitter's inevitable crash.) I give her 2-3 more years until Doug has found a newer, younger, hotter Meg Basham with better contacts and friends in high places, and poor Meg still has no idea why this noble man of God would turn on her the way he has.

image.png.3cc60ba05bd83159df93254805338751.png

• Haha 3
  • Thank You 5

2 hours ago, Columbia said:

In which Meg Basham, the Daily Wire's new mouthpiece for Doug Wilson who protects pedophiles, finds out just what Doug's fans think of women.

This seems to fall under FAFO -- fuck around and find out -- or yet another victim of the Leopards-Eating-Faces Party. 

LeopardsEatingFaces.thumb.png.9c1bed838f709f5e066f53375c44d95a.png

So sad! So inevitable.

• Upvote 7

3 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

This seems to fall under FAFO -- fuck around and find out -- or yet another victim of the Leopards-Eating-Faces Party. 

LeopardsEatingFaces.thumb.png.9c1bed838f709f5e066f53375c44d95a.png

So sad! So inevitable.

It's not leopards, it's just a "little" extremism.

Edited by Columbia
Typo
  • Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Haha 5

• 3 weeks later...

Emilie Paige, the young woman who was groomed and assaulted by teacher Jim Nance while a student at the Logos School, has given what I think is her first interview on the subject. The interviewer is not particularly good, and her reception is a little spotty, but she tells the story well. There's some special attention paid to Nancy Wilson's terrible "counseling," and the wife of Alex Lloyd (later charged with CSAM) makes an appearance.

I also found out, on Googling some names, that the Logos website still lists Jim Nance as a logic teacher. I don't know who updates their website, but they might want to work on that.

image.png.612eb6dc8e67c502128610874e92587d.png

• Thank You 4

On 8/17/2023 at 8:59 PM, Columbia said:

Emilie Paige, the young woman who was groomed and assaulted by teacher Jim Nance while a student at the Logos School, has given what I think is her first interview on the subject. The interviewer is not particularly good, and her reception is a little spotty, but she tells the story well.

Thanks again for the link to this. I admire her for telling her story. That interviewer is terrible though.

On 6/29/2023 at 1:14 PM, Columbia said:

That's the one consolation I have about all Wilson's cronies. They're way more power hungry and authoritarian than any of Doug Phillips' hangers-on.

This is true.  For example, an ex-VF like Scottie Brown is a true believer.  Scottie is a fanatic, but not power hungry. He's keeping on keeping on trying to seed his Family Integrated Church and patriarchy dealio by providing an outline; it's up to local entities to implement it. He's a (presumably) successful real estate agent, the wife and daughter have some farm-based (Proverbs 31!) income.  He's not a full time preacher grifter. 

• 2 weeks later...

Love Chrissy Stroop:  

If you're all TL;DR:  "If we are to realize democratic ideals, the norms of a functional pluralism in which members of all religions and none are accommodated equally CANNOT BE DICTATED TOP-DOWN BY MEMBERS OF THE DOMINANT RELIGION."

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

• 4 weeks later...

It seems Owen Stracham (of all people) is deeply concerned about racism and kinism, and spoke out against White Christian Nationalism at the latest G3 summit. And, of course, Doug Wilson can't have any of that (since Canon Press published the main White Christian Nationalism book, to say nothing of "Black and Tan" ) so he's sending his goons after Owen.

Owen and I were both interviewed for the same article. And in that article, as it was published, I provided all the assurances that someone like Owen should need. And so what I would want, in order to withdraw my view that Owen was grandstanding for some reason, would be a simple statement from him. All he would need to say would be something like, “I am glad to see that the folks in Moscow have taken a strong stand against kinism, and that they have been doing this for many years. Their brand of Christian nationalism is not what I am talking about.” If he does that, great, and I will applaud it, and not just in my heart. I will say so. If he doesn’t do it, then the lameness of the smear remains.

I never would have imagined that Owen would concern himself with something as "woke" as race, especially because he was one of the leading voices behind the movement to call everything under the sun "woke." I'm very curious to see if he'll hold out longer than when Doug sent his cronies after Costi Hinn this time last year. Hopefully Doug doesn't "accidentally" dox Owen's phone this time.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

I never would have imagined that Owen would concern himself with something as "woke" as race, especially because he was one of the leading voices behind the movement to call everything under the sun "woke."

Agree. In fact, Mr. Strachan appears to be yet another person who voted for the Leopards-Eating-Peopleʻs-Faces Party. 

The question is will he now be apologizing to the leopards that are coming for his own face?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

14 hours ago, Columbia said:

It seems Owen Stracham (of all people) is deeply concerned about racism and kinism, and spoke out against White Christian Nationalism at the latest G3 summit.

Justin Taylor (Crossway, TGC) got dragged into that fray as well.

Screenshot2023-09-2710_35_24AM.thumb.png.6348633c4593e12f82290872873cc713.png

• 3 weeks later...

Refresher

Then: Rachel Jankovic, while standing in her spacious designer kitchen, chastises her followers for spending time looking at interior design ideas on Instagram.

Now:  In the "It's great for me for not for thee, unless it comes from me to thee!" category,   I now present Godly fung shui by Rebekah Merkle (Rachel's sister and Doug Wilson's daughter): 

• WTF 1
  • Haha 2
  • Thank You 5

Man, FJ really, really, REALLY needs a good facepalm option on our “like” list for situations like this!! If I wasn’t trying to keep a migraine at bay, my eyes might have rolled all the way back! What a superficial, bloviating twit…

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Rarely does anything connected to Doug Wilson make me laugh, but this does. It’s the implication that people can’t figure out beauty or what pleases them. Like it’s rocket science.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Nvmd. I went back through this thread and I have laughed many times at the ridiculousness of this family. They just keep on going…

• Upvote 1

Had not realized the extent to which the Wilson women are in on the family grift. 

You might almost say that it's very egalitarian of Doug to allow his wife & daughters to cash in.

• Haha 8

9 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Had not realized the extent to which the Wilson women are in on the family grift.  You might almost say that it's very egalitarian of Doug to allow his wife & daughters to cash in.

It's the very essence of  Wilsonian privilege.  The Wilson women are part of the ruling family elite, so the rules for them are a little...different.  Plus Godly couch and seating arrangements are an important part of...oh, FFS, these people are so darn obnoxious. 

• Haha 7