IGNORED

Doug Wilson 2: Christian Nationalism, Dominionism and Excuses for Abuse

nelliebelle1197

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Hadn't thought of the role as mandatory reporter but you're right -- he has clearly ignored that requirement.

The only people who aren't mandatory reporters in Idaho are "duly ordained ministers of religion."

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.5b0c242bdbb73a7e7ff8a4c6c090bdc2.png

I imagine that Wilson considers himself perfectly safe behind that, though I would be interested in seeing how that would stand in court, since I'm pretty sure he ordained himself. But that also means that his entire cult church is full of mandatory reporters, and I wonder how many people one could bring a lawsuit against. What would he do if people suddenly started taking down parishioners who knew something?

Edited by Columbia
typo
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, Columbia said:

But that also means that his entire cult church is full of mandatory reporters...

Well, Nancy Wilson would be first in line. 

I wonder if "duly ordained" has a very specific legal meaning. 

Has Wilson EVER promptly reported any case of sexual abuse within the CREC to the appropriate authorities?  If so, would that set a precedent? 

On 11/30/2023 at 7:51 AM, Columbia said:

That's because if he said anything about the sexual abuse cover ups he might have to answer some uncomfortable questions about why he never said anything when his buddy C.J. Mahaney was accused of similar things years ago.

There's a couple on Twitter who were members of either the Kirk, or another CREC church for several years who are talking about their experiences, and aren't backing down. They seem to have kept all the receipts. 

Hide contents

This guy has had people reaching out and asking him where did they move?  Which church do they attend?  It’s so DW or his flying monkeys can contact his pastor or have someone show up at his door.  These people are pathetic. 

Hide contents

@Columbia   There's a couple on Twitter who were members of either the Kirk, or another CREC church for several years who are talking about their experiences, and aren't backing down. They seem to have kept all the receipts. 

I think the Bosticks may be the undoing of Wilson.  The CREC though they had a man's man in their back pocket; turns out he is now a huge critic, calling out their hypocrisy in detail. 

I doubt I'd be a Bostick fan up close and personal - he still an extreme Xtian conservative and was initially attracted to Wilson's Moscow scene - but at least he's calling out the CREC hypocrisy.  

His most shocking comment was about CREC/Logos boys fixating on sex trafficker/sex abuser/vile misogynist  Andrew Tate.  What the heck? 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, Howl said:

His most shocking comment was about CREC/Logos boys fixating on sex trafficker/sex abuser/vile misogynist  Andrew Tate.  What the heck? 

They're not the only fundies who admire Andrew Tate -- a few months back Shoshanna Pearl Easling recommended an interview Tate did with Candace Owens. 🤢🤮

Edited by hoipolloi
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 3

4 hours ago, Howl said:

I think the Bosticks may be the undoing of Wilson.  The CREC though they had a man's man in their back pocket; turns out he is now a huge critic, calling out their hypocrisy in detail. 

I doubt I'd be a Bostick fan up close and personal - he still an extreme Xtian conservative and was initially attracted to Wilson's Moscow scene - but at least he's calling out the CREC hypocrisy.  

The Bostick’s reported on the alarm the Moscow CREC’s had over the fact they were turning out a bunch of man child weenies for New St. Andrews, not at all the manly men they’d hoped.

On 12/3/2023 at 3:20 PM, Howl said:

Well, Nancy Wilson would be first in line. 

Ooooh. I never even thought of that.

Isaac Botkin has come out in defense of Doug Wilson, (and Elon Musk, surprisingly) with quite the half-truth about why Dougie's recently coming under fire ("his tone and mood.") He references Kevin DeYoung's weak article that somehow managed to avoid any mention of all the child predators swimming around the Kirk. His comment about how much "institutional protection" there is in culture is pretty funny contrasted with Doug's Godfather-esque approach to taking down anyone in a position of authority who calls him out. He speculates that the mainstream American Evangelical church is scared of Doug Wilson because they can't control him, and because he has a lot of assets, and seems to have completely missed any lessons from the de-frocking of Doug Phillips and the need for accountability over authority. It will be interesting to see if Isaac ever re-visits this when we find out what Doug has on his hard drives that he doesn't want to be admissible in court.

• Upvote 1

On 12/4/2023 at 11:54 AM, hoipolloi said:

They're not the only fundies who admire Andrew Tate -- a few months back Shoshanna Pearl Easling recommended an interview Tate did with Candace Owens.

Shoshanna is a huge Candace Owens leg humper.  She took oldest son on a road trip to see Candace speak. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2

• 4 weeks later...

Doug is going to sue various unnamed parties for defamation:

• Thank You 5

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Interesting.  I wonder what actual harm they claim (they don’t specify in the fundraising letter, just hint at risk of harm), while maintaining they still have healthy roots and community.  Maybe the membership is declining.  Oh, and please donate.

• Upvote 1

The "Disobedient Women" book is mentioned in particular. Other books and articles written by Christians are probably going to go on their target list. I wonder how Wilson reconciles this with the Biblical prohibition of Christians taking each other to court.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Antipatriarch said:

I wonder how Wilson reconciles this with the Biblical prohibition of Christians taking each other to court.

That rule is for OTHER people, not Doug Wilson.

Guessing that the uproar over Nancy Wilsonʻs vile comments on spanking is whatʻs behind the threat of legal action. 

• Upvote 3

I'd venture to guess the legal defense was triggered by the Bostick's whistleblowing. Think about it: this is likely the first *male* who's speaking out as a first-hand witness/victim to the atrocities of Wilson's church community. Kirkers are easily persuaded that the female victims are silly, sinful women with feminist beliefs that make their stories unreliable. But if a male tells their experience? The kirkers might start to believe him. 

I can't believe the hypocrisy -- Wilson and fans were outraged over the censorship of their opinions during covid and the last election, and now they are turning around and doing the same thing to any opinion or voice that doesn't align with their agenda. 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, TrueRebel1 said:

I'd venture to guess the legal defense was triggered by the Bostick's whistleblowing.

Good point. You may be right.

I can't believe the hypocrisy

Oh, *I* can! Par for the course.

• Upvote 1

I'd venture to guess the legal defense was triggered by the Bostick's whistleblowing. Think about it: this is likely the first *male* who's speaking out as a first-hand witness/victim to the atrocities of Wilson's church community. Kirkers are easily persuaded that the female victims are silly, sinful women with feminist beliefs that make their stories unreliable. But if a male tells their experience? The kirkers might start to believe him. 

I can't believe the hypocrisy -- Wilson and fans were outraged over the censorship of their opinions during covid and the last election, and now they are turning around and doing the same thing to any opinion or voice that doesn't align with their agenda. 

I think this and the fact that this year there were mainstream news outlets reporting on him. He mentions Disobedient Women and the articles for Slate and Vice. 

I think it's not profitable for them to go after the whistleblowers but maybe they want money from the magazine or book publishers? Or think there's some kind of technicality in the research that could vindicate them? 

• Upvote 3

The boutique law firm Doug has hired specializes in representing Russian oligarchs & #MeToo predators like Matt Lauer:

The firm has earned a reputation as “media assassins” for their aggressive tactics in fighting against news outlets. Outside of Lauer and other #MeToo villains, Clare Locke has represented right-wing media figures like Sarah Palin and James O’Keefe’s Project Veritas in their lawsuits against The New York Times....Clare Locke also has a lengthy history of representing oligarchs: In one 2019 letter they warned The New York Times that they may be “liable for the catastrophic economic damages” facing then-sanctioned Russian industrialist Oleg Deripaska.

Canʻt wait for discovery, if things get that far -- itʻs possible Doug hired them mostly to generate media pushback against the recent onslaught of very negative coverage. 

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

On 12/10/2023 at 9:26 PM, Columbia said:

It will be interesting to see if Isaac ever re-visits this when we find out what Doug has on his hard drives that he doesn't want to be admissible in court.

No link! Twitter says this account has been deleted!  

On 1/8/2024 at 2:50 PM, hoipolloi said:

That's an excellent Twitter thread.  Doug's ego requires complete domination and punishment for transgressors. 

On 1/9/2024 at 10:15 AM, hoipolloi said:

Canʻt wait for discovery, if things get that far -- itʻs possible Doug hired them mostly to generate media pushback against the recent onslaught of very negative coverage. 

Oh, absolutely there's a strategy.  Remember, that Wilson is a Machiavellian-level strategic thinker, a total asshole, a narcissist, maybe a sociopath.

I'm thinking that this lawsuit is never meant to go to trial; it's to salvage his reputation (thus protecting his source of money and power)  and -- this is incredibly important --  demonstrate his power to punish and extract retribution from anyone who dares to impugn him.  If the target(s) of the lawsuit settle and his gets his big payday (he's planning on it), win win for him. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/13/2024 at 7:46 AM, Howl said:

No link! Twitter says this account has been deleted!  

Drat. It was just a link to Doug's old assertion that digital CSAM should not be admissible in court because someone could have planted it. Can also be found here. I've always wondered why he didn't try that excuse when his deacon was arrested for just such a crime.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.ee009fb6ac4d559c94f77ee104a511c9.png

Apparently Doug was dis-invited to a conference in Brazil after enough people found out about the bad theology, and how the slaves were happy, and the protection of predators and the like. Naturally, he's being persecuted by leftists, and definitely not reaping whatever he's sown.

Spoiler

• Thank You 4

No doubt he will get a lot of leverage out of being "cancelled" 

Good for whoever made the call at the Brazilian conference.

• Upvote 3

• 4 weeks later...

I'm thinking the "Examining Doug Wilson & Moscow, Idaho" facebook page is starting to get a lot of traction. 

Their page has multiple purposes:  Expose what they consider Doug Wilson's false/convoluted theology,  expose the more egregious sex abuse cases that Doug has covered up and expose the general Wilson family hypocrisy and abuse of power. 

• Upvote 6

Wilson's legal defense has sent an agressive letter to the group "Examining Doug Wilson and Moscow" demanding that they remove their posts and publically apologize to Wilson and Christ Church. 

The Kirkers (Wilson's congregation) are all over this, sharing the news with "praise God!" and "Let's fight the good fight!". 🙄 

Read the Clare Locke letter here:

https://acrobat.adobe.com/id/urn:aaid:sc:US:a7c9d7d6-e321-4a1b-a48e-cef6fb4b69d4

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

22 minutes ago, TrueRebel1 said:

Wilson's legal defense has sent an agressive letter to the group "Examining Doug Wilson and Moscow" demanding that they remove their posts and publically apologize to Wilson and Christ Church. 

Looks like allegations about a Logos basketball player grabbing the genitals of opposing team members is what triggered this demand letter. The allegations led to complaints being filed with Latah County law enforcement who are apparently investigating, which in turn set off Doug and his minions:

The family of our basketball player has now been contacted by social workers and prosecutors with Latah County. This is actually a preliminary step toward a possible decision to begin a criminal prosecution. 

Whatever the outcome, it's obvious that, for Doug Wilson, the real problem here is that he isn't controlling the situation and therefore can't determine the results of investigation. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, TrueRebel1 said:

Short version of the letter:  The "Examining Doug Wilson and Moscow" facebook page is SO MEAN! 

It's strictly an intimidation tactic and proves that the EDWAM fb page is having its intended effect. 

Is it even possible to sue a fb page or find out the name of the admin? 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

I wonder what he thinks will happen if this actually goes to discovery. Does he really believe that a court would side with him, or does he just think that he can wordsmith his way out of whatever they find? That letter seems very much like he wrote it and had his legal team lawyer it up a little more for him. How far does he think they'd let him go with that strategy?

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1