IGNORED

The Shop Shelves Kanye West Episode

47of74

A show called The Shop decided to have Kanye West on for an interview.  He went off on an antisemetic rant so the show decided it will never air that episode. 

“Yesterday we taped an episode of The Shop with Kanye West. Kanye was booked weeks ago and, after talking to Kanye directly the day before we taped, I believed he was capable of a respectful discussion and he was ready to address all his recent comments. Unfortunately, he used The Shop to reiterate more hate speech and extremely dangerous stereotypes.

“We have made the decision not to air this episode or any of Kanye’s remarks. While The Shop embraces thoughtful discourse and differing opinions, we have zero tolerance for hate speech of any kind and will never allow our channels to be used to promote hate.

“I take full responsibility for believing Kanye wanted a different conversation and apologize to our guests and crew. Hate speech should never have an audience.”

Sources close to the production say West doubled down on his recent antisemitic remarks during the episode.

One good thing that could happen is if it makes other productions think a lot more than twice about bringing Kanye on. 

• Upvote 6
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

Drink Champs didn’t feel the same compunctions and let Kanye unless an antisemetic tirade on their show. 

Seriously FUCK anyone who gives this piece of excrement an interview. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

George Floyd’s family is not happy with Kanye after his Drink Champs interview. 

The artist and entrepreneur, who has changed his name to Ye, spoke on a recent episode of the podcast "Drink Champs," where he discussed the death of George Floyd and several other topics.

"I watched the George Floyd documentary that Candace Owens put out. One of the things that his two roommates said was they want a tall guy like me, and the day that he died, he said a prayer for eight minutes," West said. "They hit him with the fentanyl. If you look, the guy's knee wasn't even on his neck like that."

Civil rights attorney Lee Merritt, who has represented the Floyd family, tweeted Sunday that they are considering legal action against West.

"While one cannot defame the dead, the family of #GeorgeFloyd is considering suit for Kanye's false statements about the manner of his death," Merritt tweeted. "Claiming Floyd died from fentanyl not the brutality established criminally and civilly undermines & diminishes the Floyd family's fight."

They’re looking to see if an IIED claim is doable since legally Floyd can no longer be defamed. I hope they sue that sack of excrement. 

• Upvote 7

Now a fashion company has cut ties with Kanye. 

After a tumultuous few weeks of Kanye West’s verbal attacks on everyone from a fashion editor to George Floyd to the Jewish community, Kering, corporate parent of fashion house Balenciaga, has severed all ties with the multihyphenate.

“Balenciaga has no longer any relationship nor any plans for future projects related to this artist,” a representative from Kering said in a statement to WWD.

The relationship between West and Balenciaga dates back to 2015, when West recruited the brand’s creative director, Demna, for his Yeezy season 1 creative team and championed the then Vetements designer in an exclusive for Vanity Fair. In 2021, while amongst other celebrities including Bella Hadid, Salma Hayek,and Lil Baby, the musician sat with his entire face masked as the fashion house showcased its first haute couture collection in Paris since the company’s founder, Cristóbal Balenciaga, bid his farewell to the business over half a century ago.

• Upvote 3

The full Fox Kanye interview has been leaked; the anti Semitic part had been edited out. He also said during this interview that professional actors portraying children have come to his home to sexualize his kids. 
   He has said that when he gets manic, he’s paranoid and sees conspiracies everywhere. 

Edited by Bastet
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

When your company has a Nazi past it’s probably not a good idea to support Kanye. 

Kanye West and Adidas have had a very successful partnership, however, with the rapper's anti-Semitic rants, he has put Adidas in the hot seat, as people are looking into the shoe company's past, and found out not only that they supplied the Nazi army with footwear but also that brothers of the founder belonged to the Nazi party. 

Adidas has said that the commercial relationship with Kanye West is 'under review', but the people of Twitter will simply not have it and want action now. 

During the Drink Champs Interview, West said that even if he said some anti-Semitic comments, Adidas could not 'drop' him, and he said it not only once, but twice and gets close to the microphone so it is clear to the audience.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

On 10/22/2022 at 8:47 AM, Bastet said:

He has said that when he gets manic, he’s paranoid and sees conspiracies everywhere. 

I... like... he's a moron. An absolute idiot. Who is proud of the fact he's "never read a book". So there's that. 

But he's also bipolar and unmedicated. A normal person in his situation would have family trying to help him and encouraging him to take his meds and doing their best to keep him out of trouble. But he's super wealthy and famous and after his mother sadly passed he seems to have spiraled and has essentially no one willing or able to reign in the mental illness. 

I kind of feel bad that people like Kanye, and Trump, the MyPillow guy, and Herschel Walker are allowed/encouraged to be so very publically insane when they clearly need mental health care and containing. But then they are forcing their awfulness on other people and making the world a much worse place to live, so I am angry about that. And some of them like Trump are baldly criminal and evil on top of it. And they are spreading their insanity by making it seem OK for other people who are awful to be blatant about their hate and awfulness. Trump has been on my "Just get the guy away from the public somehow" list forever, but Kanye had been on my "dude needs help, it's sad" list before recently. He's getting worse and worse and being more and more horrible. Too bad his kids are too young to help him, and Kim K has clearly moved on. 

I wish these peoples' families had seen the signs and had the guts to basically "OK grandpa" them and get them the care they need and to keep them occupied and safe and away from influencing the rest of the country. Kanye needs a mental health care plan and someone able to make him stick to it. Trump needs to be in prison, preferably one with a memory care unit because he's got clear dementia. Herschel needs to be cared for and redirected and possibly spend some time at the adult day care when his carers aren't able to be around because he clearly has severe brain damage and has shown himself to be a danger to some people. The MyPillow dude needs basically the same, I'm amazed his children are willing to sit and watch him fritter away their inheritances on insanity. 

It's a weird balance between sympathy for people with clear mental problems, and utter disgust for how horrifically awful and hateful they are, and how much damage they are able to do because of their celebrity and wealth. 

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3

27 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I... like... he's a moron. An absolute idiot. Who is proud of the fact he's "never read a book". So there's that. 

But he's also bipolar and unmedicated. A normal person in his situation would have family trying to help him and encouraging him to take his meds and doing their best to keep him out of trouble. But he's super wealthy and famous and after his mother sadly passed he seems to have spiraled and has essentially no one willing or able to reign in the mental illness. 

I kind of feel bad that people like Kanye, and Trump, the MyPillow guy, and Herschel Walker are allowed/encouraged to be so very publically insane when they clearly need mental health care and containing. But then they are forcing their awfulness on other people and making the world a much worse place to live, so I am angry about that. And some of them like Trump are baldly criminal and evil on top of it. And they are spreading their insanity by making it seem OK for other people who are awful to be blatant about their hate and awfulness. Trump has been on my "Just get the guy away from the public somehow" list forever, but Kanye had been on my "dude needs help, it's sad" list before recently. He's getting worse and worse and being more and more horrible. Too bad his kids are too young to help him, and Kim K has clearly moved on. 

I wish these peoples' families had seen the signs and had the guts to basically "OK grandpa" them and get them the care they need and to keep them occupied and safe and away from influencing the rest of the country. Kanye needs a mental health care plan and someone able to make him stick to it. Trump needs to be in prison, preferably one with a memory care unit because he's got clear dementia. Herschel needs to be cared for and redirected and possibly spend some time at the adult day care when his carers aren't able to be around because he clearly has severe brain damage and has shown himself to be a danger to some people. The MyPillow dude needs basically the same, I'm amazed his children are willing to sit and watch him fritter away their inheritances on insanity. 

It's a weird balance between sympathy for people with clear mental problems, and utter disgust for how horrifically awful and hateful they are, and how much damage they are able to do because of their celebrity and wealth. 

It is very difficult to permanently take away anyone's agency and force them to follow a mental health plan. The degree to which a person's family remains committed to helping them is proportionate to that person's ability to comply with a treatment plan. Family members become frustrated at their inability to intervene and exhausted by the family member's inability/unwillingness to maintain reasonable behavior.

My friend tried to help a homeless lady at the park. She discovered the lady had burned her bridges with all the helping agencies, as well as her family, so there wasn't away to find assistance. Herschel, Trump, Mike Lindell and Kanye are all rich AF,  providing them with self-interested enablers and cushioning them against the consequences other mental health challenged people face. 

I suppose a lot of family members ignore behavior like Trump's until there is crisis because there is so much push-back to go for dementia or other screening.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 1

39 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Intervening with a person who has severe mental illness is extremely complicated in our country and it’s almost impossible to do it in a meaningful way unless deep therapeutic connections have been made early on in the process. Money and fame have little to do with it. The difference between Kanye and a homeless man with bipolar on the street is just that: one has a house and money and the other does not. Both are unwilling to engage in treatment and the presence or lack of money changes nothing in terms of forced treatment and how this works legally.

I suspect the family members have tried. I suspect the children are not “letting” their dad fritter their inheritance; rather, inheritance has no meaning as long as the owner of the estate is alive. It’s not their money and they have no claim to it.

Expecting family members to reign in the behavior of others over which they have no control and no legal authority is not how this works.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, noseybutt said:

Intervening with a person who has severe mental illness is extremely complicated in our country and it’s almost impossible to do it in a meaningful way unless deep therapeutic connections have been made early on in the process. Money and fame have little to do with it. The difference between Kanye and a homeless man with bipolar on the street is just that: one has a house and money and the other does not. Both are unwilling to engage in treatment and the presence or lack of money changes nothing in terms of forced treatment and how this works legally.

I suspect the family members have tried. I suspect the children are not “letting” their dad fritter their inheritance; rather, inheritance has no meaning as long as the owner of the estate is alive. It’s not their money and they have no claim to it.

Expecting family members to reign in the behavior of others over which they have no control and no legal authority is not how this works.

I know, I get that, I really do. And I'm not truly blaming their family (except those clearly profiting from the person) - more that I kind of feel for their family. Surely some of them must be wondering if there isn't something they can do, or maybe have tried and failed. I think Kanye specifically doesn't seem to have a lot of family or connections necessarily other than his young children, which is kind of sad. And how are these people able to tell which of their connections care of them and which people are just after their money? Like, I wonder if Kanye's mom was still alive would he be making a public ass of himself like this? Maybe so, but maybe not. He clearly loved her deeply, she likely could have influenced him (no idea what direction she'd choose to do so, but she could have made a difference to him).

People like Trump on the other hand, his family seems to have taken after him and to largely be doing their best to profit off of him in any way possible. 

It's just... frustrating, I guess. To see people actively causing harm to the general public who clearly need help. That the fact the people they are most influencing are the ones who already are suspicious of mental health care in general, which feeds back into them resisting care further. It's always frustrating to see people who need mental health care not getting it, and extra especially frustrating when those people don't have any of the normal barriers to getting care that the average US citizen has. It's got to be even more frustrating to the people close to them who care for them, who see them deteriorating on a worldwide stage. 

And then it's very angering to see these people causing actual harm to large numbers of people. I know you can't force care. I know that really, there's not much if anything anyone can do (although I'm surprised Trump's kids haven't set him up a fake office like the family did for Trump's dad when he was suffering dementia, to keep him occupied and placated - maybe he's not quite to that point yet. They are likely still cashing in on him too much for that.)

But it doesn't make me not wish all these clearly mentally ill people with oversized influence could be helped, somehow, or at minimum contained to reduce the damage they cause to the public. 

And there are hundreds of reasons for Trump to be in prison anyway. That one at least could eventually be contained, though his damage to the country is likely irreversible. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I have said before, I am in no way a fan of Kim K. but I do think she did try to help him but there is only so much she can do. Getting away from him at this point was the best for her. I just hope she watches the kids. I keep saying he is going to do something to someone or or do something to himself and it won't be good. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

15 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I know, I get that, I really do. And I'm not truly blaming their family (except those clearly profiting from the person) - more that I kind of feel for their family. Surely some of them must be wondering if there isn't something they can do, or maybe have tried and failed. I think Kanye specifically doesn't seem to have a lot of family or connections necessarily other than his young children, which is kind of sad. And how are these people able to tell which of their connections care of them and which people are just after their money? Like, I wonder if Kanye's mom was still alive would he be making a public ass of himself like this? Maybe so, but maybe not. He clearly loved her deeply, she likely could have influenced him (no idea what direction she'd choose to do so, but she could have made a difference to him).

People like Trump on the other hand, his family seems to have taken after him and to largely be doing their best to profit off of him in any way possible. 

It's just... frustrating, I guess. To see people actively causing harm to the general public who clearly need help. That the fact the people they are most influencing are the ones who already are suspicious of mental health care in general, which feeds back into them resisting care further. It's always frustrating to see people who need mental health care not getting it, and extra especially frustrating when those people don't have any of the normal barriers to getting care that the average US citizen has. It's got to be even more frustrating to the people close to them who care for them, who see them deteriorating on a worldwide stage. 

And then it's very angering to see these people causing actual harm to large numbers of people. I know you can't force care. I know that really, there's not much if anything anyone can do (although I'm surprised Trump's kids haven't set him up a fake office like the family did for Trump's dad when he was suffering dementia, to keep him occupied and placated - maybe he's not quite to that point yet. They are likely still cashing in on him too much for that.)

But it doesn't make me not wish all these clearly mentally ill people with oversized influence could be helped, somehow, or at minimum contained to reduce the damage they cause to the public. 

And there are hundreds of reasons for Trump to be in prison anyway. That one at least could eventually be contained, though his damage to the country is likely irreversible. 

Kanye’s lack of connection to people concerns me more than his lack of connection to reality. It’s not going to end well.

Trump is a different case because he is more predictable and has managed shallow but relatively stable relationships. I also don’t think he is mentally ill in the diagnostic sense of the word—he has some problematic personality traits and attachment issues but most of his bad behavior is because he has no moral compass. And that’s not mental illness. That’s just a bully and a mob boss.

9 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I have said before, I am in no way a fan of Kim K. but I do think she did try to help him but there is only so much she can do. Getting away from him at this point was the best for her. I just hope she watches the kids. I keep saying he is going to do something to someone or or do something to himself and it won't be good. 

Same. He turns on the people he loves most in a way that is chilling.

ETA Also the religiosity that seems to come and go like a faucet turning off and on. He does it in a way that is completely untethered from the black church and black community which also feels like an intentional FU.

Edited by noseybutt
  • Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

Trump is a different case because he is more predictable and has managed shallow but relatively stable relationships. I also don’t think he is mentally ill in the diagnostic sense of the word—he has some problematic personality traits and attachment issues but most of his bad behavior is because he has no moral compass. And that’s not mental illness. That’s just a bully and a mob boss.

and a self absorbed narcissist. 

• Upvote 5

14 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

and a self absorbed narcissist. 

Yeah I think he has clear personality disorder stuff going on. With an added bonus of low intelligence, lack of morals, entitlement, and a family history of severe dementia. 

Kanye also worries me, just because he has several kids and seems so... oppositional, I guess. 

I agree about Kim K. I'm amazed she stayed with him as long as she did. I'm no fan of hers, but she's managed to build an empire out of nothing much to start with and seems to have drive and reasonable intelligence. I have always wondered why she seems to cater to Kanye so much, even after leaving him. 

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Yeah I think he has clear personality disorder stuff going on. With an added bonus of low intelligence, lack of morals, entitlement, and a family history of severe dementia. 

Kanye also worries me, just because he has several kids and seems so... oppositional, I guess. 

I agree about Kim K. I'm amazed she stayed with him as long as she did. I'm no fan of hers, but she's managed to build an empire out of nothing much to start with and seems to have drive and reasonable intelligence. I have always wondered why she seems to cater to Kanye so much, even after leaving him. 

I guess he is the father of her kids and maybe she is also trying to keep things calm for everyone's sake. 

• Upvote 4

I don’t think Trump has a low IQ. Average maybe, but not likely below that. He may be in the beginning of dementia, but that’s different than premorbid IQ.

• Upvote 1

40 minutes ago, noseybutt said:

I don’t think Trump has a low IQ. Average maybe, but not likely below that. He may be in the beginning of dementia, but that’s different than premorbid IQ.

I don't know. He seems clever in some ways and highly unintelligent in others, to me. And he didn't really have much academic achievement that doesn't seem to have been paid for, but that could be mostly entitlement. 

There's really no way to tell. But he comes off to me as low intelligence. It could be lack of insight or critical thinking making him seem that way, or it could be that he's had dementia symptoms for such a long time. Could be residual effects from past substance use. Or he could just be pandering to his followers, since he says he loves the uneducated. I do think that compared to other presidents he's probably on the low end of the list for intelligence. The others seemed to be able to follow a daily briefing that wasn't a comic and understand enough to know what they didn't understand, for the most part.

But I am not a mental health professional or anyone else, my opinions are as a layman only. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I don't know. He seems clever in some ways and highly unintelligent in others, to me. And he didn't really have much academic achievement that doesn't seem to have been paid for, but that could be mostly entitlement. 

There's really no way to tell. But he comes off to me as low intelligence. It could be lack of insight or critical thinking making him seem that way, or it could be that he's had dementia symptoms for such a long time. Could be residual effects from past substance use. Or he could just be pandering to his followers, since he says he loves the uneducated. I do think that compared to other presidents he's probably on the low end of the list for intelligence. The others seemed to be able to follow a daily briefing that wasn't a comic and understand enough to know what they didn't understand, for the most part.

But I am not a mental health professional or anyone else, my opinions are as a layman only. 

I agree that his cognitive abilities are possibly uneven.  He doesn't like to read, for example. It's hard to know how much of that is cognitive (learning disability) versus personality preference versus something as simple as needing glasses and refusing to wear them. But he seems capable of processing information when it is presented to him in other formats.  He has a general fund of knowledge about the world. He knows how to run a business empire (not ethically, but he does run it). His long-standing grudges against people suggest that his memory for social situations is quite intact. 

I do administer IQ testing and such for a living but it's kind of beside the point because the reason we administer a test battery is to collect data instead of speculating and inferring and we can't do that here.

I think focusing on Trump's cognitive abilities is a red herring. Maybe that's the wrong term. It's a distraction and it's inflammatory. The real problems with Trump are his horrible ideas and his horrible ethics. Those things have nothing to do with intelligence.

Even the discussions over whether he has a diagnosable personality disorder IMO is a waste a time and ignores why we diagnose in the first place. He consistently treats people horribly. That's the important piece of information. A diagnosis doesn't change that one or the other and, again, serves to inflame the faithful. Partly why the Trump faithful are so entrenched is they view the comments about Trump being stupid as meaning they are stupid. 

• Upvote 8

And Parler was so excited about Kanye’s acquisition they screwed up big time. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

A talent agency dropped that SOB too

Kanye West has been dropped by major talent agency CAA as the fallout over his antisemitic comments on numerous platforms continues.

CAA, which has represented the rapper now known as Ye since 2016, made the decision after his recent outbursts, marking the latest business relationship to end as a result of the controversy. The news was first reported Monday by the Los Angeles Times.

Also on Monday, Variety reported that MRC studio executives announced in an internal memo that a completed documentary about Ye will be shelved due to his antisemitic comments.

“This morning, after discussion with our filmmakers and distribution partners, we made the decision not to proceed with any distribution for our recently completed documentary about Kanye West. We cannot support any content that amplifies his platform,” the memo reportedly stated. “Kanye is a producer and sampler of music. Last week he sampled and remixed a classic tune that has charted for over 3,000 years — the lie that Jews are evil and conspire to control the world for their own gain.”

• Upvote 7

Adidas finally saw sense

Adidas said on Tuesday that it is cutting ties with Ye, the artist and fashion designer formerly known as Kanye West, following a series antisemitic comments made in recent weeks.

Ye's nearly decade-long partnership with the German sneaker giant helped make the rap superstar a billionaire and vaulted his Yeezy branded sneakers to a global audience.

Following growing pressure on Adidas to drop Ye, the company announced that it does not tolerate antisemitism or other types of hate speech.

"Ye's recent comments and actions have been unacceptable, hateful and dangerous, and they violate the company's values of diversity and inclusion, mutual respect and fairness," the company said in a statement.

Yeah I guess they didn't like getting a bright light shined on them given their own past.

• Upvote 4

19 hours ago, noseybutt said:

People who know Twitler, like Michael Cohen, say he is manipulative  and crafty but very unintelligent. He is likely below average but not by much.

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

People who know Twitler, like Michael Cohen, say he is manipulative  and crafty but very unintelligent. He is likely below average but not by much.

Again, Michael Cohen had far more contact with Trump than any of us and I respect that. But he hasn’t administered an IQ test to Trump.

Intelligence is not reading ability. Or curiosity. Or academic achievements.

It’s a mishmash of cognitive abilities: to pay attention, to understand language, to solve basic problems (what would you do if…), to process nonverbal information, to recognize patterns in information, etc.

From what I have seen, Trump can do those things. No, he doesn’t pay attention to written reports like the presidents who have been trained as attorneys. But he pays attention when the information is presented out loud and/or with pictures.

The problem is what he does with the information presented to him. He immediately sifts it to his advantage.

• Upvote 2

Kanye tried to ingratiate himself with the Skechers foot ware company.  Didn't end all that well for him as Skechers was having none of that. 

Ye showed up unannounced and was escorted out of the building by two executives, the company said. Ye has officially changed his name from Kanye West.

“Skechers is not considering and has no intention of working with West. We condemn his recent divisive remarks and do not tolerate antisemitism or any other form of hate speech,” the company said in a statement. “The Company would like to again stress that West showed up unannounced and uninvited to Skechers corporate offices.”

Several companies and organizations have condemned Ye over his recent racist and antisemitic remarks. The Skechers incident comes a day after Adidas severed its relationship with him. Also Tuesday, Foot Locker

and Gap said they would immediately remove products from Ye’s Yeezy line from their stores, saying they do not tolerate antisemitism.

• Upvote 8