IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 11: She's a Scarab Beetle

Coconut Flan

3 minutes ago, adidas said:

I keep remembering that Queen Elizabeth asked them to visit h we while they were in the UK and they declined. I imagine they regret that now.

On another note … it seems rather … quiet … in here. Peaceful. Pleasant. I don’t want to say anything too obvious (Beetlejuice).

Yup, was noticing that yesterday. And on Monday, too, come to think of it. Hmmm.... 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

It’s 4:45am here - apologies for the random letters in my post above (and my lack of proof reading), I’m blaming my phone lol. It’s our national day of mourning (public holiday) and I was hoping for a sleep in, but my body is way too used to waking up early with the alarm 😩

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

I am going to ask here, then go Google it.  I have read several places where Harry was "devastated" because the ER initials had been removed from his uniform, but William's still had it. Where had Harry's uniform been, that somebody else was able to remove the insignia?  And, who was able to access it in order to remove it?  I understand the significance of it, but was puzzled that Harry's uniform seemed to have been in the possession of somebody else.

I thought they did visit when they were in the UK at the time of Lili's first birthday.  I am drawing a total blank, was there another time that they could have seen her and declined?  That is just rude and hurtful to a sweet granny.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, adidas said:

I keep remembering that Queen Elizabeth asked them to visit h we while they were in the UK and they declined. I imagine they regret that now.

I don't think we ever received absolute proof that QEII asked for them to come visit and they said no during this trip. That was reported in the media, based off sources, but we don't actually know the truth. 

1 hour ago, Loveday said:

Yup, was noticing that yesterday. And on Monday, too, come to think of it. Hmmm.... 

OMG. What if @Jackie3 was the queen... bringing it all down from the inside... dun dun dun. 

6 minutes ago, SoSoNosy said:

I thought they did visit when they were in the UK at the time of Lili's first birthday.  I am drawing a total blank, was there another time that they could have seen her and declined?  That is just rude and hurtful to a sweet granny.

I think it's very likely they saw her when they visited during the Jubilee and introduced her to Lilibet. Again though, we have zero proof. 

• Haha 6

49 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't think we ever received absolute proof that QEII asked for them to come visit and they said no during this trip. That was reported in the media, based off sources, but we don't actually know the truth. 

OMG. What if @Jackie3 was the queen... bringing it all down from the inside... dun dun dun. 

I think it's very likely they saw her when they visited during the Jubilee and introduced her to Lilibet. Again though, we have zero proof. 

They saw her, introduced Lilibet, and were not allowed to take pictures.  We discussed here.

2 minutes ago, EmCatlyn said:

They saw her, introduced Lilibet, and were not allowed to take pictures.  We discussed here.

It was discussed here but what solid proof do we have that any of that happened? Unless Harry & Meghan or Buckingham Palace says it directly, I would take it with a grain of salt. The media loves to make up things all Sussex for clickbait. 

8 minutes ago, viii said:

It was discussed here but what solid proof do we have that any of that happened? Unless Harry & Meghan or Buckingham Palace says it directly, I would take it with a grain of salt. The media loves to make up things all Sussex for clickbait. 

I am pretty sure the meeting was confirmed by the Palace.

It would have been odd for the Queen not to make a moment to see her great-grandchild. 

EDIT TO ADD:

A quick search brought this up:

Harry Remembers Queen Meeting Children

Edited by EmCatlyn
  • Upvote 1

Yes, I'm aware the meeting took place, but we have zero proof that they were denied photographs. I would be incredibly surprised and disappointed if they did not let Lilibet have a photo with her great-grandmother. 

• I Agree 1

Maybe they were allowed to take informal pictures, but not bring a professional photographer with them (which I read somewhere that they wanted to do).

• Upvote 2

ISB, if they were denied pictures it was because The Firm didn’t want the pictures used as fodder for whatever clickbaity thing PH & MM would do next. My guess is there were pictures taken but the firm put restrictions on their release/use that PH & MM didn’t like. Who knows. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

I am going to ask here, then go Google it.  I have read several places where Harry was "devastated" because the ER initials had been removed from his uniform, but William's still had it. Where had Harry's uniform been, that somebody else was able to remove the insignia?  And, who was able to access it in order to remove it?  I understand the significance of it, but was puzzled that Harry's uniform seemed to have been in the possession of somebody else.

With regards to his uniform, I would guess that the uniform remained at Frogmore Cottage or even within their official offices at either Clarence House or Kensington Palace. In one of their interviews recently, I think the Cut, but perhaps the podcast, Meghan mentioned that it was strange going back to Frogmore for the Jubilee and finding all their things there still, like clothing, journals, etc.  Honestly, it may have been a completely new uniform that he had not worn previously and was put together specifically for this event at this time.  Undoubtedly, one of the equerries was assigned to ensure that the uniforms had the proper medals, insignias, and such, as well as being fitted properly, pressed etc.  Regardless of his feelings, Harry was not eligible to wear the ER on his uniform.  That insignia means that the person is serving as an aide-de-camp of the monarch.  Once Harry was no longer a Working Royal, he longer held that position.  In the case of Andrew, he was allowed to wear the ER on his uniform due to a military rule that allowed anyone who was appointed the position prior to 1988 to wear the insignia always, and he came into that position in 1984 (I believe those are the right years, I'm writing from memory, so it may be slightly off!)  

They were in the UK for Lili's birthday because it fell during the Jubilee and that was when Queen Elizabeth and Lili met in person.  It has been reported that she also invited them to bring the children to Balmoral this summer when many of the children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren gathered with her for their personal family time but they declined to attend.  It has been reported that the Queen's personal photographer may have taken pictures, but H&M were not allowed to bring their own photographer.  People speculated that because the Queen had pulled out of so many Jubilee events due to her mobility issues, that she may not have felt comfortable with a photo being taken that she wasn't able to control the release of in the event she didn't look her most put together.  

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 6

2 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I am pretty sure the meeting was confirmed by the Palace.

It would have been odd for the Queen not to make a moment to see her great-grandchild. 

EDIT TO ADD:

A quick search brought this up:

Harry Remembers Queen Meeting Children

Harry said “your beloved great-grandchildren” which doesn’t necessarily mean his children. (Though that is the implication, and may be correct.) He might be embarrassed if the Queen cared more about controlling the situation than she did about meeting Lili. 

I am not sure those honorary uniforms are kept in their private wardrobes to be honest. I imagine it more like a costume stash in BP or KP? Because they will probably be cleaned, repaired, pressed and polished (metal parts?) and I highly doubt any of them does it themselves.…. but same for their normal clothes I guess? But I also doubt M or K stash their evening gowns in their private wardrobe? Or 15.000 coat dresses.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

I expect he doesn't control his uniform. It may even have been archived so to speak as a piece of royal history. there's snippets of video of Meghan where she goes to see her wedding dress and veil. she'd not seen it since the wedding day and it was in control of royal archivists.

What a bizarre way to live.

I also was thinking about the black dresses. Maybe Meghan had some at frogmore with other royal appropriate attire for when she visits. Maybe a personal shopper type had to run out? 

But either way having multiple perfect black hat/gloves/dress/shoes x3 or 4 just seems so....oppressive?  to know that you need this stuff because of the scrutiny.  really highlights the - this family is a job- concept. 

Also made me realize I have absolutely nothing currently in my wardrobe for a funeral and a 90+ yr old grandmother myself.

Edited by WatchingTheTireFireBurn
Crap typing
  • Upvote 7

I'm wondering if the "work" clothes funded by Charles were kept in one or more storage areas and maintained by staff he employed.  There is really no way the more minimal personal staff his children had could have done it all.  They really didn't have sufficient storage either so it make sense.  

It is odd to be born into the family business and have it be so enmeshed.  Such is royalty.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

42 minutes ago, WatchingTheTireFireBurn said:

But either way having multiple perfect black hat/gloves/dress/shoes x3 or 4 just seems so....oppressive?  to know that you need this stuff because of the scrutiny.  really highlights the - this family is a job- concept. 

Also made me realize I have absolutely nothing currently in my wardrobe for a funeral and a 90+ yr old grandmother myself.

I "prepared" for my father's death after my mother died in her 80s. All I had to wear then was black work pants, a white shirt, and a black sweater. Knowing that he would eventually go the way of all flesh, I bought another pair of black pants, a black dress, and another black sweater, in order to be dressed appropriately. 

(My sister, always the overachiever, wore black for a solid year after her boyfriend died. She did the same after each of our parents died.)

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

That's one thing that caught me by surprise when my grandmother died. I realized I didn't really have anything to wear to the funeral so despite the overwhelming grief and desire to hide away, I had to go clothes shopping. I'll never do that again. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

14 minutes ago, viii said:

That's one thing that caught me by surprise when my grandmother died. I realized I didn't really have anything to wear to the funeral so despite the overwhelming grief and desire to hide away, I had to go clothes shopping. I'll never do that again. 

I've been in the same situation more than once. Somehow, I never seem to learn my lesson! Right now I need to start shopping for a mother of the bride dress as my daughter is getting married next spring. While doing that, I should also be on the lookout for an appropriate funeral outfit as several family members are getting to that age, sadly. I despise dress shopping, so two birds with one stone would really be the smart thing to do! 

• Upvote 5

In the lessons from mom, she always told me to make sure to have a simple black dress for every size change.  

• Upvote 6

4 hours ago, viii said:

Three of my grandparents died when I was a concert band member. So I had black dresses. I got caught without one when my dad died seven years ago and had to go shopping. I’ve made sure to have something in my closet for seasons as well since then. 

• Love 3

I have pretty casual work clothes and never do anything dressy at all....so I'm realizing I've got just nothing...either to do visitation (funeral home before funeral) or funeral.

Over time I just wore out or donated anything dressy I used to wear. 

It's definitely on my mind now! I do not want to be last minute shopping -I have a hard time finding anything even when not under pressure.

• Upvote 7

When my husband died, I was exhausted and devastated.  When I started putting on the black pantsuit I planned to wear, I discovered that the top was incredibly thin, and wouldn't work.  I went totally blank; ended up wearing a red pants outfit.  I couldn't think straight, so my husband's first wife ended up being the receiving line along with some of their grown kids while I sat and stared straight ahead. We had been married 30 years, so we all knew the same people; they would chat with her and then come over and sit with me for a few minutes.

I just read yet another article; this one saying Meghan thought she should be paid for going walkabout and greeting people.  Does anybody know where they are?  Have they gone back to the US?

Edited by SoSoNosy
  • Love 3

4 hours ago, SoSoNosy said:

When my husband died, I was exhausted and devastated.  When I started putting on the black pantsuit I planned to wear, I discovered that the top was incredibly thin, and wouldn't work.  I went totally blank; ended up wearing a red pants outfit.  I couldn't think straight, so my husband's first wife ended up being the receiving line along with some of their grown kids while I sat and stared straight ahead. We had been married 30 years, so we all knew the same people; they would chat with her and then come over and sit with me for a few minutes.

I just read yet another article; this one saying Meghan thought she should be paid for going walkabout and greeting people.  Does anybody know where they are?  Have they gone back to the US?

When did Meghan allegedly think she should be paid for walk abouts and greeting people?  Was this when she was a “working royal” with security, housing, etc. provided by the government?

• Haha 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic