IGNORED

Harry & Meghan 11: She's a Scarab Beetle

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

The “permission for the uniform” thing may not have come from Harry but from fans. No one could understand why Andrew should be allowed to be in uniform but not Harry.

However, if H & M get invited to the dinner, we will know two things: (1) Harry used the confusion to guilt Charles and (2) it worked.  That it worked would worry me the most.  

Or  - whoever is in charge of monitoring public reaction let’s whoever is in charge of the invite list know that the “oops- here’s your invite- nope! Ha, just kidding!” Optics look bad , and tells they really should get  them an extra spot. I’m pretty sure they can find a table extender or an extra plate.

It is interesting to see how it will be playing out now that Harry isn’t just a grandchild of the monarch - but the son of the monarch. There’s no logical REASON he should be given more status that Zara, or Beatrice, or Peter or Louise or whoever else when it’s just about mourning his grandmother. But when it’s events/duties around the new King - it would seem obvious he would be included. It’s such a mix of both though. With the whole country and half the world turned out to watch. Such a bizarre way to live! And to do it your entire life….from the second you’re born you know exactly where in the caste system you rank. And then it changes when your siblings or cousins marry and have children — but you’re trained to know who you curtsy to now, and who outranks you. Wow. It really makes the fundamentalist cults look tame. The rituals are really interesting though.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

The “permission for the uniform” thing may not have come from Harry but from fans. No one could understand why Andrew should be allowed to be in uniform but not Harry.

However, if H & M get invited to the dinner, we will know two things: (1) Harry used the confusion to guilt Charles and (2) it worked.  That it worked would worry me the most.  

You won't know any such thing.  You can only see what happens, not why. It may be a business but first and foremost Harry is his son so he may want him there. Or not, but either way assuming you will know his motivations is fanfic.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

@Mama Mia Exactly. Harry has gotten a lot of flack online for trying to step “above” his rank of grandchild and trying to seem more important than he is. That has all changed for now. He is now the son of the monarch and really, in their own terms, he IS more important than the rest of his cousins. He will be more involved in some events due to his status. He will only drop back down once William is king. 

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I had read a day or two ago that there was a dinner at Buckingham Palace scheduled for the evening before the funeral.  The report said only working royals would be present.  Since the dinner was for heads of state (an “official” rather than a “family” event), this made sense.

Now I run into a headline that Harry and Meghan had been invited but then “uninvited.” (This came via Yahoo, who got it from Telegraph, so let’s bring out the salt shaker.)  

If The Telegraph didn’t make it up, then there seem to be four possibilities.

1. Buckingham Palace sent an invitation to M & H by mistake. 
2. Meghan and Harry’s people made a mistake and thought there was an invitation for this dinner when there wasn’t.
3. M & H’s people made up that they had an invitation because it gets M &H attention.
4. They were invited originally but the Palace realized the table was not big enough and had to rescind the invitation.

Why is there a drama about everything?

It’s a reception. Meghan’s little stooge Omid Scobie announced on Twitter that they were attending. BP had previously announced it was an event for working royals. BP clarified after Omid’s tweet that H&M were not invited. So Omid claimed they’ve been uninvited (to make it look like he wasn’t wrong again as he has been a lot this week) and the rest of the press ran with it. 

Whether M put him up to any of it is anyone’s guess. 

I really doubt BP is sending engraved invitations to anyone in the family for these events. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2

It’s a reception. Meghan’s little stooge Omid Scobie announced on Twitter that they were attending. BP had previously announced it was an event for working royals. BP clarified after Omid’s tweet that H&M were not invited. So Omid claimed they’ve been uninvited (to make it look like he wasn’t wrong again as he has been a lot this week) and the rest of the press ran with it. 

I really doubt BP is sending engraved invitations to anyone in the family for these events. 

I really can’t stand him. And you know they are in cahoots. I feel like the next 6ish months are very important to Harry’s relationship with his family and how it will be going forward. What is said on the podcast and future interviews from H&M about this time period will be very telling and I’ll personally take it with a grain of salt
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, just_ordinary said:

Personal conspiracy theory: H&M leaked it to guilt Charles into an invitation. Just like I believe they did it with H getting permission for a uniform. 

Personal conspiracy theory #2: H&M don't want to go to any of these stuffy, boring events, and can't wait to get back to California, their children and their work.

This event is for working Royals anyway and They really do need to stay in their lane for this one because they have no more place than Mike Tindall or Edwards 14 year old kid here. 

Edited by tabitha2

3 hours ago, viii said:

@Mama Mia Exactly. Harry has gotten a lot of flack online for trying to step “above” his rank of grandchild and trying to seem more important than he is. That has all changed for now. He is now the son of the monarch and really, in their own terms, he IS more important than the rest of his cousins. He will be more involved in some events due to his status. He will only drop back down once William is king. 

If H&M would still be working royals their profile would very obviously outrank his cousins. And it still kind of does BUT they stepped back and therefore I don’t see where he will hold extra special positions apart from bigger events where family business mesh with the Firm. His father getting a crown on his head, weddings, christenings, jubilees are a yes. State dinners with foreign dignitaries, tours, receptions are a no.

• Upvote 6

Just now, just_ordinary said:

If H&M would still be working royals their profile would very obviously outrank his cousins. And it still kind of does BUT they stepped back and therefore I don’t see where he will hold extra special positions apart from bigger events where family business mesh with the Firm. His father getting a crown on his head, weddings, christenings, jubilees are a yes. State dinners with foreign dignitaries, tours, receptions are a no.

There won't be any big royal weddings until William's kids are grown, so that's pretty irrelevant. A lot could change by then. Edward's kids will have less public weddings, if they're public at all (Peter, Zara and Beatrice did not have public weddings). And the Queen did not have a jubilee celebration until year 25. So if that even happens, that's also a long ways off as well. As for christenings, again none that he would even be invited to until perhaps William's kids feel he should be--but at this rate, they're not even going to know him. Christenings for any of his cousin's kids will be private affairs without photos released (like the joint one for Lucas Tindall and August Brooksbank last year). Really all that is on that list that he would have a role at is the coronation. 

• Upvote 2

Yeah, the only big upcoming family moments are going to be a lot of funerals. His grandma’s cousins are pretty elderly, as are his aunts and uncles. Save for Louise and James, weddings won’t happen for a while now. 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

You won't know any such thing.  You can only see what happens, not why. It may be a business but first and foremost Harry is his son so he may want him there. Or not, but either way assuming you will know his motivations is fanfic.

🤷‍♀️ You may be right.  However, it appears that Harry and Meghan will not attend the dinner.

I was, of course, joking about the table not being big enough.  The only real question is whether they were invited by mistake or whether the mistake came from whoever mistakenly announced that they had been invited.

As for motive for including them in the dinner after they were not originally meant to attend, I can only speculate as everyone else here does.  My real point was about what it would mean if H&M were invited to the dinner only because the press caught onto the idea that they were originally invited but then “uninvited.”  Whether the decision were Charles’s or some other person’s, it would have been a bad precedent.

5 hours ago, louisa05 said:

I stand corrected for calling it a “dinner.”  It is a “reception.”  I had not realized the original report came from Scobie.  That inclines me to believe that he was mistaken, since he often is. 😉

• Upvote 5

13 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Harry has done his part as son and grandson and Prince with Meghan by his Side and It’s time for them to go home to their children. 

I assume they will… after his grandmothers funeral. Unless you don’t think he should attend that?

20 minutes ago, viii said:

I assume they will… after his grandmothers funeral. Unless you don’t think he should attend that?

Yeah. My bad. It’s been a long day :)  

I do think he needs to make amends and have some honest talk with his family and in laws. If he does not take this chance now another may be a very long time coming if at all. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Well said. I’m really hoping that despite the grief, this will reconcile Harry to his family once more. I’m sure more is happening behind the scenes than what we know but hopefully it’s positive. 

• Upvote 4

I have said this before but I bet given time and him shutting his trap Harry would be welcomed back and of course the children because he is family but William is not likely to forgive Meghan  because of real or perceived slights to his wife and supposedly Sophie Wessex is not a fan either. 

• Upvote 3

I find the Harry/Meghan thing very interesting because for most of his life, Harry’s reputation was smoothed over by the BRF. Meghan admittedly doesn’t help. I don’t think she had any idea what she was getting herself into, and that falls squarely on Harry, at least prior to the engagement. I believe he purposely didn’t give her all the info because previous girlfriends ran from the opportunity because of all that his life entails/entailed. 

Not to mention, being the wife of the ‘spare,’ whoever Harry married was always going to play second fiddle to Kate. Not because Kate’s better, but because of the dynamics of the monarchy. 

I also agree with the poster who said that Harry has a lot of his mom in him.

• Upvote 9

Harry is pure Spenser… More emotional, easy going and well, messy. If The Queen had taken the time with Harry like she did With William she might have balanced those traits of Harry’s out a little but they left him mostly to his mother and here we are now. 

• Upvote 5

Yes, Harry has ran wild for years, as did William. The Firm, however, covered up a lot of those scandals and now Harry doesn’t have that protection anymore. 

• Upvote 5

Well, there are some scandals you can’t cover up, and being naked in Las Vegas is definitely one of them. 

There’s also the line of thinking that Harry and Meghan were used as scapegoats by The Firm to deflect attention from Andrew but that’s a whooooooole nother story. 

• Rufus Bless 1

40 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Harry is pure Spenser… More emotional, easy going and well, messy. If The Queen had taken the time with Harry like she did With William she might have balanced those traits of Harry’s out a little but they left him mostly to his mother and here we are now. 

That’s….uh….a rather warped and cruel line of reasoning from what we know about human development and attachment. 

9 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

Harry has done his part as son and grandson and Prince with Meghan by his Side and It’s time for them to go home to their children. 

Well, they are leaving after the funeral, aren’t they?

• Coconut Flan locked this topic