IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 23: Elizabeth's Phoning It & Michael Did a Runner. Literally.

nelliebelle1197

On 7/24/2022 at 1:44 PM, WeirdHarold said:

David Shamblin has lost mucho weight.  Not sure why, but he certainly has.  To me his ties to RF make this relevant.

Am curious whether this will happen with Michael as well. He piled it on during composing Long Live the King (presumably from being forced to sit and compose until it was done?????). GS then mentioned (off the record to the general public) that she'd been asked whether he was OK and that he was fine. But that was years ago and he never seemed to lose it again. Kind of expecting that he will now. 

On 7/16/2022 at 4:45 PM, freefromthin said:

I listened to Elizabeth's call-in speech and she said that she is staying away for the benefit of the Remnant children

Interesting reframe. All the RF children LOVE "Miss Elizabeth" so it is def not for their benefit that she is staying away. My uninformed guess is that it is probably too painful for her to be back in a crowd that has such strong feelings about her, even though those feelings are positive. Too exhausting. Too much. I wouldn't blame her for a second for staying away. But it's not to help the RF kids, for sure. 

• Upvote 8

37 minutes ago, Willow said:

Interesting reframe. All the RF children LOVE "Miss Elizabeth" so it is def not for their benefit that she is staying away. My uninformed guess is that it is probably too painful for her to be back in a crowd that has such strong feelings about her, even though those feelings are positive. Too exhausting. Too much. I wouldn't blame her for a second for staying away. But it's not to help the RF kids, for sure. 

It really is an interesting way to frame it. When I was a member, Liz coming to a youth event to talk was a big deal! She was adored. But I can imagine how overwhelming it must be for her. Even when I was just a member, events could be overwhelming and exhausting. I can’t imagine being the leader who is struggling to lead…

• Upvote 7

With Gwen dead and Elizabeth eschewing sermons/homilies in favor of hiding/publishing, it seems like Remnant members are in for a long haul of just watching old Gwen replays followed by taking turns getting up on stage in order to convince everyone else (and themselves) how excited they remain about “this message.” 

If Remnant survives this for another 10-20 years, will it just be kind of like a miniature version of Mormonism? Maybe there’s a better example out there, but Mormons are who I think of when I think about people venerating a dead (but relatively modern) “prophet” whom everyone else thinks was ridiculous and obviously not a true prophet. Thoughts?

Also, what is Long Live the King?

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

16 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

It really is an interesting way to frame it. When I was a member, Liz coming to a youth event to talk was a big deal! She was adored. But I can imagine how overwhelming it must be for her. Even when I was just a member, events could be overwhelming and exhausting. I can’t imagine being the leader who is struggling to lead…

I'd have sympathy for her if the Remnant wasn't a harmful organization. She should leave if she doesn't want to lead. As long as she is trying to lead, she is culpable.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, throwaway9988 said:

With Gwen dead and Elizabeth eschewing sermons/homilies in favor of hiding/publishing, it seems like Remnant members are in for a long haul of just watching old Gwen replays followed by taking turns getting up on stage in order to convince everyone else (and themselves) how excited they remain about “this message.”

It's like a fossil record of a religion.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'd have sympathy for her if the Remnant wasn't a harmful organization. She should leave if she doesn't want to lead. As long as she is trying to lead, she is culpable.

Oh I don’t have sympathy for her on this matter. While it may have been harder to walk away from RF with her mother alive, she has always had the option before her to leave. She can follow Michael out the door, but I do wonder if she has allowed herself to consider it. Gwen was a big fan of “taking thoughts captive” and “flipping them” if the thought did not support Zion. She is probably re-brainwashing herself daily that staying is the right and Godly decision. She is picking this torture for herself and picks it everyday she still is a leader. 

• Upvote 9
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 1

Maybe Eliz is thinking of how the RF children would react if she broke down into tears at an event.

Plus, at home, Her children, always presented as picture-perfect, are entering those … interesting years.  

Plus plus, her children are half orphans after a very unexpected loss of their dad. I’m friends with a family whose dad died in a plane crash - he was the pilot & only casualty. Those five children were between ages 3 and 13, and ALL of them had more than the usual hurdles, growing up. 

Eliz is facing a boatload of stressors. I’ll try to be generous and accept her at her word that she’s just not ready to face the RF child population. 

Do we have any idea of how the remaining elders of the church are interacting with her? I think of the dramas and power plays that have surrounded royal families, especially back in the day when the royals actually ruled.  The wannabe advisers must be legion. 

My problematic big heart is making one of its rare appearances.  I’d like to flash freeze the whole RF mishigas except for Eliz, Mike abd their kids. Let Eliz get some good counseling and nutritious food. Let Mike get some good  counseling &  help with his eating disorder. (I’m a compulsive overeater, it’s an ED.)  Let the fatherless children and all Gwen’s grandchildren simply grieve. 

Ah well, if wishes were horses, etc. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 7

Whenever Elizabeth talked about staying away for the benefit of the children. I understood it as her saying that she was devoting herself to preserving the future of RF, which would ultimately benefit the youth of RF, because she would be ensuring that they would have access to "the truth" going forward. She talked about how digital files can get corrupted, but that if you have a book, then it would be around even if something happened to the files.

I didn't get the sense that she was worried about controlling her emotions in front of them or even interacting with them at all. 

It has been stated several times that Gwen has recorded enough writings and videos to last for many years, so I suppose that right now they are pretty satisfied with those. They often say how blessed and grateful for they are to have truth that comes from the heavens, referring to Gwen's teachings.

Edited by freefromthin
spelling error
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

My take on the “staying away for the benefit of the children” was that it was just manipulative word salad meant to distract.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

On 7/27/2022 at 12:26 AM, throwaway9988 said:

Also, what is Long Live the King?

LLTK was a modern symphonic chorale that MS composed. It debuted several ago just before Christmas. They did 2 shows, IIRC, and that was it. Presumably they taped it but I never saw a recording for sale. The live show had a lot of video in the background.

It was billed as very fancy --- tickets for adults only in the main sanctuary. The people who sang in it were prohibited from telling anyone about it in advance and even from practicing their parts outside of rehearsal. I think some of the music you hear surrounding GS in RF videos around that time is from LLTK, but I could be wrong.

Like many RF events, it was hyped at the time and then kinda disappeared.... GS was always about the next new big thing. She seemed to have a hard time staying concentrated. She could come off as very focused, for sure, but if you listen to YCO shows, you'll hear that many of her sentences are incomplete. She constantly changed track. Yeah, the RF message was the same RF message (obey authority obey authority), but she kinda jumped around wrt what RF needed to do next. Always another production. Another big thing.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

8 hours ago, Willow said:

LLTK was a modern symphonic chorale that MS composed. It debuted several ago just before Christmas. They did 2 shows, IIRC, and that was it. Presumably they taped it but I never saw a recording for sale. The live show had a lot of video in the background.

It was billed as very fancy --- tickets for adults only in the main sanctuary. The people who sang in it were prohibited from telling anyone about it in advance and even from practicing their parts outside of rehearsal. I think some of the music you hear surrounding GS in RF videos around that time is from LLTK, but I could be wrong.

Like many RF events, it was hyped at the time and then kinda disappeared.... GS was always about the next new big thing. She seemed to have a hard time staying concentrated. She could come off as very focused, for sure, but if you listen to YCO shows, you'll hear that many of her sentences are incomplete. She constantly changed track. Yeah, the RF message was the same RF message (obey authority obey authority), but she kinda jumped around wrt what RF needed to do next. Always another production. Another big thing.  

I noticed that, too. 

• Upvote 3

Gwen’s Facebook lives were a hot mess because she almost never completed sentences. Putting her next to Joe who was a pretty good public speaker, was especially jarring. She could barely answer the questions FB members were asking. Joe would try to direct her back to answering the actual question, but she tended to just ramble in nonsensical half-sentences. She had a few phrases she repeated, but outside of that she didn’t seem able to put together coherent thoughts. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

It’s no wonder that Gwen was incoherent. She consistently starved her body and brain and barely received any nutrients. I’m amazed she could even put together half sentences.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

She could barely answer the questions FB members were asking.

Yes, very true. There were several FB "rallies" where people all over the world could ask questions of GS in real time "and get them answered LIVE!" Personally (at the time), I thought it was a really great idea. It was exciting and there were all the people with laptops and phones onstage who were monitoring comments and questions. Then GS would start "answering" and.....the answers were so choppy and disconnected. It was kinda embarrassing. 

• Upvote 9

46 minutes ago, Willow said:

Yes, very true. There were several FB "rallies" where people all over the world could ask questions of GS in real time "and get them answered LIVE!" Personally (at the time), I thought it was a really great idea. It was exciting and there were all the people with laptops and phones onstage who were monitoring comments and questions. Then GS would start "answering" and.....the answers were so choppy and disconnected. It was kinda embarrassing. 

Someone must have realized she couldn’t pull it off. I do wonder how they brought it up to her that she no longer should do live videos on Facebook. Did she even realize they would later edit some of the videos to remove the embarrassing stuff she said? Or was it something people would just do and not tell her? They had really hyped up the Facebook lives and then they ended rather suddenly replaced with scripted videos where Joe tried and failed to look like he was deeply in love with Gwen. 

• Upvote 8

12 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Someone must have realized she couldn’t pull it off. I do wonder how they brought it up to her that she no longer should do live videos on Facebook. Did she even realize they would later edit some of the videos to remove the embarrassing stuff she said? Or was it something people would just do and not tell her? They had really hyped up the Facebook lives and then they ended rather suddenly replaced with scripted videos where Joe tried and failed to look like he was deeply in love with Gwen. 

It seems like the series "Life with Gwen and Joe" was their attempt at a reality show. I remember one of the services where Gwen actually said that it was something that the MEMBERS  wanted. I thought that was odd, if true. I often wondered how many people actually bought the whole "It's all about God" mantra that she would spout while simultaneously showing off her luxurious vacation homes and historic mansion.

• Upvote 8

These are some of the things that Elizabeth said in her call-in speech today....

She compared herself to a military leader and said that they will not see her speak unless she is supposed to speak. Military leaders do not tell you when they're coming, they wait and they sit back and when it's time, they come out of nowhere and drop a bomb and win the battle. She is a spiritually strategic leader who sits back and watches and waits. She will strike the spiritual enemy with her words and not a weapon. She has everything inside of her needed to go and when the war. The members are not to lose faith, they need to stand strong and STOP this lack of faith. STOP IT! Have some FAITH in God and have FAITH in your leader. She WILL COME BACK. She's ALMOST back and will be back by Feast of Harvest. She has a LOT to do, because she's writing the doctrines. Moses wrote the doctrines, but he only had to write ten paragraphs, and she has to write so much more. She will be at the dance party for the Feast of Harvest, and then maybe at the services after that, but she will not be giving weekly sermons. Her dearest sister-in-law has held firm in the faith and her children have held firm as well. She is getting together an organizational chart and if something happens to her, they need to listen to Amy Stites and multiple others. They must not CHANGE the MESSAGE. She judges no one but herself. She doesn't go out and judge, she waits for the humble to come to her and ask what they can change. They cannot get complacent like the people waiting on Moses. If they are overdrinking, they should fast from alcohol. If they're overeating, they need to fast. Do they talk too much? Are they doing too many selfies? They need to get out and HELP others. She asked if they have passed their children off to someone else. Told the parents to WAKE UP, because the children will do what they are doing. Parents need to love God and then their children will be blessed. They are not supposed to be discouraged because of this talk. Her mother was crying after speaking at an event because she had told people about her desire to start a church. She asked her mom what was wrong and her mother said that she felt like she had just birthed a baby. Elizabeth knows what it's like to have a spiritual birth, because she went from being popular to being an outcast after her mother started the church. After the 7 died, she knew that it was time for a spiritual birth. When you give birth, you gain weight. Gaining weight is not the problem, but it's complacency that will kill you, like the frog dying in water that is slowly being increased in temperature. They are not to die. Gaining a little bit of weight is OK. This has been a tough year, but it's OK. They have birthed a new generation. If you're eating too much, dial it backwards...You can get back to where your first love was. It's not impossible. the word impossible should be motivation. They must prove to the whole world that they are wrong. Stop looking at this year as failure, it's feedback from the heavens. Going forward, all she asks is that they are careful what they are thinking, because their thoughts are going to become their actions, and so on and so forth. It all begins with what they are thinking. Their thoughts will become their final destination. They need to have faith and stop second guessing their God. No one will be able to tell her not to speak when she should speak, and no one will be able to tell her to speak when she is not supposed to speak. She acts when her God tells her to act. She was at the ocean and asked God to shut the mouths of the enemies. She raised both hands over the ocean and within 5 minutes, a double rainbow appeared over the ocean. Their videos are coming down and their mouths are being shut. She's wiser than they are and can get in public more than they can. They need to come to her church and say it to her face. Remnant has a strong and mighty leader who will not let them down. Her mother was the most unbelievable example and she has quite the legacy to live up to. They need to use the motivation to say that they WILL CONQUER.

Her tone wad very forceful and sounded like she was upset because people were wondering when she was coming back.

Tim Purdy got up after she was finished speaking and said that he would not want a leader to do it any other way. He supports her. Another lady (whose name I missed) said that they are on good hands and with Elizabeth at the helm they are going to be fine.

Full disclaimer...I was typing this AS she was speaking and did not have the energy to go back and edit, so please bear with me.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 29

@freefromthin you did a wonderful job, thank you!  I'd've loved to have a view from behind the backdrop to see how people’s faces were reacting to the speech. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, MamaJunebug said:

@freefromthin you did a wonderful job, thank you!  I'd've loved to have a view from behind the backdrop to see how people’s faces were reacting to the speech. 

They didn't really film the crowd during that time. they just have a picture of the church kind of floating in the background as she's talking, but of course there were loud cheers afterwards.

• Thank You 4

46 minutes ago, freefromthin said:

These are some of the things that Elizabeth said in her call-in speech today....

She compared herself to a military leader and said that they will not see her speak unless she is supposed to speak. Military leaders do not tell you when they're coming, they wait and they sit back and when it's time, they come out of nowhere and drop a bomb and win the battle. She is a spiritually strategic leader who sits back and watches and waits. She will strike the spiritual enemy with her words and not a weapon. She has everything inside of her needed to go and when the war. The members are not to lose faith, they need to stand strong and STOP this lack of faith. STOP IT! Have some FAITH in God and have FAITH in your leader. She WILL COME BACK. She's ALMOST back and will be back by Feast of Harvest. She has a LOT to do, because she's writing the doctrines. Moses wrote the doctrines, but he only had to write ten paragraphs, and she has to write so much more. She will be at the dance party for the Feast of Harvest, and then maybe at the services after that, but she will not be giving weekly sermons. Her dearest sister-in-law has held firm in the faith and her children have held firm as well. She is getting together an organizational chart and if something happens to her, they need to listen to Amy Stites and multiple others. They must not CHANGE the MESSAGE. She judges no one but herself. She doesn't go out and judge, she waits for the humble to come to her and ask what they can change. They cannot get complacent like the people waiting on Moses. If they are overdrinking, they should fast from alcohol. If they're overeating, they need to fast. Do they talk too much? Are they doing too many selfies? They need to get out and HELP others. She asked if they have passed their children off to someone else. Told the parents to WAKE UP, because the children will do what they are doing. Parents need to love God and then their children will be blessed. They are not supposed to be discouraged because of this talk. Her mother was crying after speaking at an event because she had told people about her desire to start a church. She asked her mom what was wrong and her mother said that she felt like she had just birthed a baby. Elizabeth knows what it's like to have a spiritual birth, because she went from being popular to being an outcast after her mother started the church. After the 7 died, she knew that it was time for a spiritual birth. When you give birth, you gain weight. Gaining weight is not the problem, but it's complacency that will kill you, like the frog dying in water that is slowly being increased in temperature. They are not to die. Gaining a little bit of weight is OK. This has been a tough year, but it's OK. They have birthed a new generation. If you're eating too much, dial it backwards...You can get back to where your first love was. It's not impossible. the word impossible should be motivation. They must prove to the whole world that they are wrong. Stop looking at this year as failure, it's feedback from the heavens. Going forward, all she asks is that they are careful what they are thinking, because their thoughts are going to become their actions, and so on and so forth. It all begins with what they are thinking. Their thoughts will become their final destination. They need to have faith and stop second guessing their God. No one will be able to tell her not to speak when she should speak, and no one will be able to tell her to speak when she is not supposed to speak. She acts when her God tells her to act. She was at the ocean and asked God to shut the mouths of the enemies. She raised both hands over the ocean and within 5 minutes, a double rainbow appeared over the ocean. Their videos are coming down and their mouths are being shut. She's wiser than they are and can get in public more than they can. They need to come to her church and say it to her face. Remnant has a strong and mighty leader who will not let them down. Her mother was the most unbelievable example and she has quite the legacy to live up to. They need to use the motivation to say that they WILL CONQUER.

Her tone wad very forceful and sounded like she was upset because people were wondering when she was coming back.

Tim Purdy got up after she was finished speaking and said that he would not want a leader to do it any other way. He supports her. Another lady (whose name I missed) said that they are on good hands and with Elizabeth at the helm they are going to be fine.

Full disclaimer...I was typing this AS she was speaking and did not have the energy to go back and edit, so please bear with me.

Typing while someone is speaking difficult and you did a great job. Thank you!

As for Elizabeth, wow! That speech is something. It fits with our previous thread title Elizabeth: the Great and Powerful. She sounds nuts. Also she both needs to continue her mother's legacy, but it's also clear she is ambitious in her own right. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

As for Elizabeth, wow! That speech is something. It fits with our previous thread title Elizabeth: the Great and Powerful. She sounds nuts. Also she both needs to continue her mother's legacy, but it's also clear she is ambitious in her own right. 

Grandiosity is a symptom of lots of stuff in the DSM. 

• Upvote 13

13 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Thank YOU!

I must say...it really seemed to me like she was gaslighting the members. Some of you psych experts may be able to expound on this...but she seemed to be telling the members that they should not worry about her not showing up (and even accused them of having weak for doing so), when they have had expectations/experience (for the past 20 plus years) that a leader would show up and give them a sermon almost every Sabbath, and if not, then they would AT LEAST have a video to watch of said leader's precious sermons. When the crash initially happened, Elizabeth seemed to indicate that she was going to BE THERE. They even used a bit of footage of her speaking (which I also watched as it was being aired). It seems strange that she's only been on stage IN PERSON 3 times (IIRC). I would expect her to have had a hard time in the beginning, and I expect that it's STILL difficult for her, but I'm surprised that she hasn't made at least ONE other speech onstage. 

Someone mentioned earlier that she was trying to manipulate people with her speeches, and this one DEFINITELY cam off that way to me. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

Interesting Elizabeth mentioned gaining weight, and urged people to get back to where they were. Thinness has always been next to Gwodliness.

The one photo I saw of her after the crash she looked thin, but less skeletal. I wonder if she means herself? All of RF? Michael? 

Yikes... Elizabeth naming Amy Stites as her mouthpiece if anything should happen her. Photos of the Stites give me the creeps.  Are they like that in person?

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Interesting Elizabeth mentioned gaining weight, and urged people to get back to where they were. Thinness has always been next to Gwodliness.

The one photo I saw of her after the crash she looked thin, but less skeletal. I wonder if she means herself? All of RF? Michael? 

Yikes... Elizabeth naming Amy Stites as her mouthpiece if anything should happen her. Photos of the Stites give me the creeps.  Are they like that in person?

Elizabeth is nowhere NEAR as focused on weight loss as Gwen was, if one can judge by her talks. She mentions overeating here and there, but she is not as dogmatic. Gwen would turn almost ANY sermon into an opportunity to berate people for overeating and assert that following hunger and fullness would make ANYONE thin. 

• Upvote 2

On 7/29/2022 at 5:42 AM, Botkinetti said:

It’s no wonder that Gwen was incoherent. She consistently starved her body and brain and barely received any nutrients. I’m amazed she could even put together half sentences.

Alcohol

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

she looked thin, but less skeletal. I wonder if she means herself? All of RF? Michael? 

Michael is no longer there 

• Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic