IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 23: Elizabeth's Phoning It & Michael Did a Runner. Literally.

nelliebelle1197

Who says I'm body-shaming her? Certainly not me, having been inpatient for eating disorders many, many times. As for the swollen recovery belly? Been there, done that. It also comes with massive swelling around the face, and the limbs. Not the case here, Grace looks very thin except for the belly.

I genuinely think she is pregnant. TBH It didn't even occur to me this could be interpreted as body-shaming. And being only 18, unmarried, in a christian fundamentalist cult, well, that's not following the Bible's word. Rules for thee, not for me. Very Gw-anny-like.

As for being traumatized, she certainly doesn't look it in the "Youth Ball" video on Remnant Fellowship crowd, smiling and dancing away like the dancing queen. You may scream out "facade", but I cannot think of many people who could slap on such a smile and laugh undergoing trauma at the same time. Call me naive, but I she'd have to be a jolly good actress to do so so convincingly.

Edited by MeanieMe
spelling
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 12
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Isn't it ironic being pointed out for "body-shaming" after all I've been through.

Wow.

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. 

Trust me, if Grace's belly was a recovery belly, she wouldn't be amongst those fat-hating bunch. She would be hiding at home, eating chips and chocolate, swelling up like crazy, be hungry and painflly full at the same time, panicking, wondering if she will be able to throw her scales away, crying like hell and having panic attacks because she'd be afraid of ending up at 600kilos, having hot flushes all the time, not evening mentioning the toilet problems. She wouldn't be dancing away a smile on her face, drinking diet-coke with her skinny dieting friends. Maybe Taylor Swift didn't mention that in the interview. But I  can talk about that because it took me over 20 years to recover, and it took 5 years of my life to get through all this bloating shit, and I gained 70kilos in all...(=150lbs). It was LIVING HELL. Now, my body is tapering, and I have lost about 20 or 30kg eating everything I want. But it has been the hardest thing I've had to do in my life, and having such a severe disorder has impacted my life forever.

Somehow, to me, Grace does not seem to have an eating disorder at all. I doubt she has ever followed her granny's stupid advice. She has managed to beat all odds. Eating disorders change your body composition, and Grace seems to have a very healthy muscle/fat ratio, she doesn't look yellowish, she seems happy and smiley. Her eyes and hair are shiny. She seems to have managed to keep away from all that starving craze and to have only have reaped the plus sides for her from this cult. Money, parties, pyjama nights, being part of the nobility of a mini society that admires you. Maybe her mother being so anorexically sick has been a foil to her, and that is why she seems to have avoided falling in the starvation trap.

Having been pregnant also , in the 2nd photo, to me,  that is definitely a round, firm,  pregnant belly. Not a recovery belly, where you start swelling up like a sponge. However, I haven't seen the pregnancy test, I'm not the bloke who laid her, and miscarriages aren't uncommon, even among young people, so she may no longer be preggie.  

So yes, in these photos, she looks pregnant. Not fat, not recovering - I doubt Grace has an eating disorder - but pregnant.

Edited by MeanieMe
spelling. English not my mother tongue
  • Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 9

I really doubt she’s pregnant and unmarried posing for pictures. They would hide her in the back if she was pregnant and unmarried. Or they would arrange a quickie marriage. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 1
  • I Agree 6

Also Grace has a boyfriend named Timothy who is also in the cult. If she was pregnant, they would definitely want her to marry him before she shows. I think her boyfriend may be Timothy Fischer and that’s a higher up family in RF so it would make sense for them to date. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5

3 hours ago, MeanieMe said:

Guess who looks preggie?

Grace Hannah!

And yes, on the second photo, that is Delaney Wingerd - or should I say Rector-  wearing grey jumper and blue jeans, front row, on the right.

grace hannah.jpg

grace hannah 2.jpg

Where did you get these pictures and how old are they. Everyone seems to be wearing warm weather clothing so I’m wondering if they aren’t super recent. 

• Upvote 4

Everyone’s body is different. There is a picture of me as a teenager where I look stick thin except for my stomach. I was already binge eating and taking laxatives and that photo sent me into a deep spiral of trying to starve myself to get a flat stomach. 

Trigger warning. 

Spoiler

As for her acting too happy to be traumatized, I’ve attempted suicide multiple times and one of the last times there is a video of me hours before laughing and acting silly at a party. Years of therapy has helped me understand that one of the reasons I can be deeply depressed and still present as happy is because I was raised in an environment where I was trained from a young age to hide my feelings and that no matter what I need to act happy. Grace was raised in a same sort of environment. Even now it is so hard for me to let myself express negative emotions. 

I really doubt she is pregnant and she is still living at home in a cult where gaining weight is considered a sin. Also I’ve 100 percent looked like I had a firm pregnant belly based on the style of clothes I’ve worn and what I’ve eaten recently. I’ve learned to not assume anyone is pregnant unless they announce it. Clothes, camera angle and meals can change how a person looks. 

Edited by formergothardite
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Well then I guess I just don't know enough about eating disorders to have anything to say.  And here I am ***body-shaming*** .

Grace is at the top of the tops in this cult, brought up in a social bubble where her family is the royalty. That's all she knows, she was born into this. Gw-anny seemed to adore her, Grace is the most photographed of all her grandchildren. I doubt Grace would allow to be bossed around and told what to do. Only her mother, who is now thehead of the cult, would have a say, and Elizabeth is understandably extremely unwell and most probably unable to get off the couch. Then, I don't know these people personally, I've never been to Brentwood, nor met them, so, I am aware I can be wrong. 

Time will tell, I suppose.

• Move Along 5
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 2

11 minutes ago, MeanieMe said:

Well then I guess I just don't know enough about eating disorders to have anything to say.  And here I am ***body-shaming*** .

Grace is at the top of the tops in this cult, brought up in a social bubble where her family is the royalty. That's all she knows, she was born into this. Gw-anny seemed to adore her, Grace is the most photographed of all her grandchildren. I doubt Grace would allow to be bossed around and told what to do. Only her mother, who is now thehead of the cult, would have a say, and Elizabeth is understandably extremely unwell and most probably unable to get off the couch. Then, I don't know these people personally, I've never been to Brentwood, nor met them, so, I am aware I can be wrong. 

Time will tell, I suppose.

Grace doesn’t need to be bossed around. If you have any kind of understanding about cults, the shame of doing something the cult has looked down on since the beginning is more than enough. If she is showing off a baby bump, it’s because they got married quickly and quietly already. 

• Upvote 6

Divorce is looked down on too, but Gwen divorced and remarried, and it was not looked down on.

Yes, Gwen was the leader, and Grace might be the leader, but she is the deceased leader's grandchild.

Right now, the cult doesn't have a leader. Sure, there's the absent Elizabeth, who doesn't want to be there. There is Micheal, who's done a runner. Next in line? Non-royalty members like the Gormsen's? The Days? The Angers? Do you really think they would be able to pressure, the Royal Princess?

I actually do understand cult dynamics. You however don't seem to understrand that Grace is no villain. She is not a 'cult member".  She has very special prerogatives in this difficult moments Remnant Fellowship is facing (= HBO documentary, Gwen now dead, Lizzie not stepping up...).

• Move Along 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 4
  • I Agree 1

We are not allowed to speculate if a minor/dependent child is LGBTQ+, but it's allowed to speculate that a minor/dependent child is pregnant!!?!? I would think the same logic applies to pregnancy for unmarried dependent people in the cult that applies to speculating unmarried dependent children are LGBTQ+. 

With this cult's fixation of eating disorders, Free Jinger is endangering a minor! Please remove these posts and ban this poster. 

I have to admit I don't mind the pregnancy speculation as much about married fundies, especially the quiverfull ones. I also speculate when people get married and start talking about having kids. 

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 1

Do I think Grace is being prepared to be a young leader of RF? Definitely.

Do I think Grace will marry young? Hell yes. 

Do I think she’s so completely untouchable that she can flaunt an unwed pregnancy on social media? Absolutely not. Gwen was the only one who was untouchable and could do whatever she pleased. Her kids and grandkids aren’t given that freedom. Even if they are RF royalty. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

I most certainly could be wrong but those pics look like really old ones! She looks more middle school aged in both pics. She looks much more grown up these days. 

Also .. I truly could look like that on any given day that I had too much anything with artificial sweeteners. They make me look like I ate a watermelon rather quickly too!  

Edited by Grammy
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Lifetime TV will have a biopic about RF with Jennifer Grey portraying Gwen. Apologies if this is old news, just saw it on dlisted’z digest of celebrity news. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

How do they get everyone dancing the same moves? did they rehearse everything?

Was wondering that, myself.

18 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

Lifetime TV will have a biopic about RF with Jennifer Grey portraying Gwen. Apologies if this is old news, just saw it on dlisted’z digest of celebrity news. 

So now there will be two Gwen movies? Oh boy. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/16/2022 at 4:04 PM, AmazonGrace said:

How do they get everyone dancing the same moves? did they rehearse everything?

The uniformity of every single person all doing the exact same moves, for the whole clip, was... disturbing. I mean a couple of dances that a lot of people know, sure. But all of them? Weird.

• I Agree 3

It was almost as rehearsed as the dances in Bridgerton.  

• I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

It was almost as rehearsed as the dances in Bridgerton.  

The line dances they showed are very much like the English Country and Contra Dances that have enjoyed a real resurgence in popularity since the good Jane Austen movie adaptations of the mid-1990s.  They’re supposed to be uniform in execution.  (No offense intended if you already knew this  - I’m a little pedantic tonight.)

The waltzes are something else. One one Hand, the unison is pretty.  OTOH, yeah, a little too much matchy matchy. 

But then The Thing was a lousy dancer and thus I never could figure out waltzing. I’d have given something significant to be part of a couple who waltzed counter clockwise around the ballroom with everyone else. That just seems beautiful and so effortlessly elegant. 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 1

So what makes this different than every other wedding, or festival they have?  Everyone is all dressed up, food, and tons of crazy dancing?  Maybe no drunk adults? IDK. Just another excuse to “have fun!” Because that is what honoring God is all about, having fun!

2 hours ago, cookingbutterchicken said:

So what makes this different than every other wedding, or festival they have?  Everyone is all dressed up, food, and tons of crazy dancing?  Maybe no drunk adults? IDK. Just another excuse to “have fun!” Because that is what honoring God is all about, having fun!

Hooking the youth with magical cosplay activities will ensure they and their families stay in the cult.  

I will say I was sort of shocked there were so many youth in attendance.  Sadly, it looks like Remnant is still going strong.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic