IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 23: Elizabeth's Phoning It & Michael Did a Runner. Literally.

nelliebelle1197

8 hours ago, RFsurvivor said:

Every year was the best ever when I was there 🙄

Hell yes, every festival each year was THE best. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

Fellow FJ-ers closer to RF:   Any word/ info/ whisper/ gossip etc. etc. etc about the Angers and the Days?

They seem to have dropped off the earth. Not only the RF sites but social media. they were so prominent for so long and now -- pffffttt -- ghosts.

• Upvote 5

A family member told me that the Days and Angers were at the Feast of Harvest. Seems like they are still going strong with the group, but just not out front.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

On 10/18/2022 at 10:05 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did RF purchase his entire catalogue? Does anyone know?

D92C9330-F29F-4F44-9137-9A27DD660BC2.jpeg

That certainly sounds like a distancing/rebranding, but also an opportunity for RF to give him a legit-seeming payoff to buy his silence… very curious.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 10/12/2022 at 4:08 PM, DietCherryCoke76 said:

Hell yes, every festival each year was THE best. 

Seeing these posts now is like oh wow really? Without GS it's just "THE best"??? These folks are wacked! Do they know what they are saying? Has any thought gone into it? (My guess is no.) 

Re Days and Angers: Days seem seriously quiet on social media --- or maybe they're only on right-winger platforms I don't go near. Angers are still visible and looks like they're makin a killin in real estate. 

• Upvote 1

Ok I was just watching something on MLMs and I guess it’s very common for the people in MLMs to always say this year’s conference was the best ever. Each and every year. Which reminded me of RF. Cults and MLMs overlap so much. Religious cult and pyramid scheme cult. Same thing really. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

On 10/18/2022 at 10:05 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Did RF purchase his entire catalogue? Does anyone know?

D92C9330-F29F-4F44-9137-9A27DD660BC2.jpeg

He is smart to go by a new name not associated with Gwen and the RF circus, and even smarter if he managed to get payment from RF to do it!  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

"Michael S. Black" has a new song out.  It isn't terrible... reminds me a lot in style of 'The Thunder Rolls' by Garth Brooks, which might be why I like it. :)

Anyone else think this song sounds a bit autobiographical?  If he uses music as a medium to work through his own emotions with his break from RF things could get interesting! I am here for it.

Edited by Queen Of Hearts
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

21 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

"Michael S. Black" has a new song out.  It isn't terrible... reminds me a lot in style of 'The Thunder Rolls' by Garth Brooks, which might be why I like it. :)

Anyone else think this song sounds a bit autobiographical?  If he uses music as a medium to work through his own emotions with his break from RF things could get interesting! I am here for it.

I think it would be good if he did because I’m guessing he’s still not getting the therapy he needs. You can give up a lot of beliefs you grew up in. But sometimes you still can’t give up the “therapy is bad” belief. Even people who don’t grow up in cults can’t let that belief go. 

• Upvote 6

On 10/25/2022 at 8:32 PM, Jb003 said:

I haven't been on here in awhile. Just curious if Elizabeth has stepped up and is leading any church services as of yet?

From what I've heard, she hasn't. Not sure if you know this or not (disregard if you do), but RF isn't even offering live streams of their church services anymore, last I checked. This change seemed to take place after someone took a clip of her saying that they had brought down HBO and wrote an article about it. They DO have several videos that you can pick from of past services, but you better BELIEVE that they have been edited.

• Upvote 4

“Brought down HBO.” Yes, I’m sure it’s quaking in its boots.

• Haha 8

On 10/25/2022 at 1:41 PM, Queen Of Hearts said:

He looks absolutely terrible. The hair, everything. I hate to snark on looks but he looks like he has been through something. He looks like a different person. 

Edited by luv2laugh

6 hours ago, freefromthin said:

From what I've heard, she hasn't. Not sure if you know this or not (disregard if you do), but RF isn't even offering live streams of their church services anymore, last I checked. This change seemed to take place after someone took a clip of her saying that they had brought down HBO and wrote an article about it. They DO have several videos that you can pick from of past services, but you better BELIEVE that they have been edited.

If they didn’t want to be called out on their bullshit, they could have just tried spewing a bit less bullshit!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3

This post is for the former RF-ers here:

I've mentioned this before, but I'm fascinated/ appalled by the RF weddings.  The weddings are beautiful -- dresses. catering, flowers, etc.  Those RF voluntolds could be high-end wedding planners. But...... it's the engagement announcements/ wedding write-ups that appall me.

It's the extreme focus on having every moment/ event/ thought/ conversation etc. etc. etc. focused on RF"s conception of God (i.e. Gwen) and a godly (i.e. RF) life). The complete abnegation of self to focus only on RF and what RF tells them to do/ think/ say/ be.  

The couples seem to spend all of their time together talking about RF/ the blessing of 'this message'/ Gwod/ praising Gwod/ Gwod's books, etc. etc. They all declare that their future spouses love God more than they love the future spouses. That all of the future spouses' love is for God/ RF.  This extreme sole RF focus is what will make their marriages calm, peaceful and wonderful.

Here are my questions for the former RF-ers:

When an RF couple leaves RF, how do they adjust to having"normal" conversations when they are no longer forced/ expected to talk solely about RF and discuss how every single minute thing is a sign God loves you if you're in RF, and that God hates/ punishes you if you're not in RF?

Is having "normal" conversations a difficult adjustment? Do former RF-ers find themselves slipping back into the old RF/Gwod-focused convos?

How difficult is it for former RF-ers to adjust their mindsets to "normal" life? How difficult is it to realize you aren't doing anything wrong/ sinful by being outside of RF?  How are the former Rf-ers able to de-program themselves?

I probably spend way too much time thinking about this, but the RF cult is so bizarrely fascinating it's hard to look away.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1

Has anyone seen Elizabeth since the plane crash? Just curious if she has been absent and only calling in because she has possibly gained weight??? Not all that crazy considering..  look at Michael....

Edited by Jb003
  • Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/29/2022 at 2:15 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Is having "normal" conversations a difficult adjustment? Do former RF-ers find themselves slipping back into the old RF/Gwod-focused convos?

Can't speak for the married couples or families who left.

Generally speaking, people who leave RF find themselves with WAAAAAYYY more time on their hands and WAAAAYYY less things to be thinking about all the time. RF is all-consuming. GS always said to put the Church/others before yourself. It's easy to do that in RF because there is always a way to be busy. 

Is it a relief to not be constantly busy/obsessed when you leave RF? Whose to say? 

Maybe it's easier for married couples because they can support each other and find new things to do together. It would still be an adjustment, but I think it's harder for singles because they are really alone. All their friends and maybe family is gone (as in shunning them). Then there is no one to talk to who "gets it". 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 6

5 hours ago, Willow said:

Can't speak for the married couples or families who left.

Generally speaking, people who leave RF find themselves with WAAAAAYYY more time on their hands and WAAAAYYY less things to be thinking about all the time. RF is all-consuming. GS always said to put the Church/others before yourself. It's easy to do that in RF because there is always a way to be busy. 

Is it a relief to not be constantly busy/obsessed when you leave RF? Whose to say? 

Maybe it's easier for married couples because they can support each other and find new things to do together. It would still be an adjustment, but I think it's harder for singles because they are really alone. All their friends and maybe family is gone (as in shunning them). Then there is no one to talk to who "gets it"

I agree with this. I never joined RF, but I bonded with a few people while staying active in the WD classes, and it was hard when I decided to leave, so I can only imagine someone whose entire life is somehow wrapped up in that group. I used to be a member of the ICO, so I do have some experience with leaving a similar type of group. People who were once your best friends and supposedly "loved" you can easily act as if you no longer exist once you leave.

• Upvote 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1

Has anyone seen Elizabeth? In a recent photo? At church or a recent festival? Curious why she hasn't stepped up to lead worship services. Wondered if it could be due to weight gain.

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, freefromthin said:

I agree with this. I never joined RF, but I bonded with a few people while staying active in the WD classes, and it was hard when I decided to leave, so I can only imagine someone whose entire life is somehow wrapped up in that group. I used to be a member of the ICO, so I do have some experience with leaving a similar type of group. People who were once your best friends and supposedly "loved" you can easily act as if you no longer exist once you leave.

That should have been ICOC.

4 hours ago, Jb003 said:

Has anyone seen Elizabeth? In a recent photo? At church or a recent festival? Curious why she hasn't stepped up to lead worship services. Wondered if it could be due to weight gain.

Oddly, I haven't seen any pictures of her recently. When I did a search on FB, I found a few posts mentioning her. They praise her in a similar fashion as they did Gwen.

• Upvote 3

Guess who looks preggie?

Grace Hannah!

And yes, on the second photo, that is Delaney Wingerd - or should I say Rector-  wearing grey jumper and blue jeans, front row, on the right.

grace hannah.jpg

grace hannah 2.jpg

Edited by MeanieMe
(photo)
  • Downvote 8
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, MeanieMe said:

Guess who looks preggie?

Grace Hannah!

Let's not body shame a child. Especially one who has been though some horrifically traumatic events and lives in a cult that glorifies eating disorders. 

Taylor swift has talked about how reading people pointing out her having a stomach and saying she looked pregnant contributed to her eating disorder. This little girl does not need to deal with internet rumors thar she looks pregnant because her stomach isn't flat enough. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic