IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 23: Elizabeth's Phoning It & Michael Did a Runner. Literally.

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, Willow said:

Curious whether any one has heard anything about the upcoming "Days of Awe" --- is much repentance planned? 

Will anyone do it up right, buying a bird for kapparot?

"Another custom observed during this time is kapparot. This is rarely practiced today, and is observed in its true form only by Chasidic and occasionally Orthodox Jews. Basically, you purchase a live fowl, and on the morning before Yom Kippur you wave it over your head reciting a prayer asking that the fowl be considered atonement for sins. The fowl is then slaughtered and given to the poor (or its value is given)."

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, WeirdHarold said:

Will anyone do it up right, buying a bird for kapparot?

"Another custom observed during this time is kapparot. This is rarely practiced today, and is observed in its true form only by Chasidic and occasionally Orthodox Jews. Basically, you purchase a live fowl, and on the morning before Yom Kippur you wave it over your head reciting a prayer asking that the fowl be considered atonement for sins. The fowl is then slaughtered and given to the poor (or its value is given)."

Did the Remnant actually do this?

On 8/17/2022 at 10:49 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Did the Remnant actually do this?

Nahh... RF celebrates its own version of Jewish holidays. Rosh Hashonah is "Day of Trumpets" and it is NOT considered time to say happy new year (unlike in Judaism). And holidays are not celebrated necessarily on the actual Jewish calendar dates but on the closest Saturday that GS felt like doing it. Passover and Feast of Lights (aka Hannukah) would get rescheduled at her whim. Like God was on her schedule. Of coures she would pull out scripture verses about "don't judge when people celebrate new moon festivals" and things like that to justify it. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

9 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Has anyone seen this? They even have a clip of the service. You can hear for yourself what she actually said.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-way-down-pastor-elizabeth-hannah-hbo-max-1235348062/amp/

So...

God, could you help with famine, sickness, plagues, death, cancer, covid, hate?

No. But I will take care of hbo for remnant! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

23 hours ago, freefromthin said:

Has anyone seen this? They even have a clip of the service. You can hear for yourself what she actually said.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/the-way-down-pastor-elizabeth-hannah-hbo-max-1235348062/amp/

This is the first time I have heard her voice and wow, people who said she sounded like Gwen weren’t kidding. Scary. And even scarier was that standing ovation for another’s misfortune—how cult-like is that?! And the hubris to think you can influence the fortunes of a corporate conglomerate through prayer. How in the world do they explain the plane crash if they honestly think they can control outcomes like this through prayer? Mind boggling.

• Upvote 8

OMG she really does sound like Gwen.  So much so that with Elizabeth 'phoning it in' all the time I almost wouldn't be surprised if somehow Gwen didn't stage her own death and will reappear in some dramatic "raised from the dead" stunt in the future -the stuff of nightmares, for sure (and obviously I KNOW this is not possible, but WOW I would have sworn that was Gwen talking in that video.)

Just for comparison, here is a video of Elizabeth from so e time ago.  Here she sounds different. Her voice is much warmer.  I am also impressed with what a good public speaker she is and also how healthy she looks, compared to images we have seen in recent years.  

Edited by Queen Of Hearts

Netflix also contracted this quarter. Any business can experience fluctuations in growth for a multitude of reasons. But Remnant gives Elizabeth a standing ovation for saying that her prayers are directly responsible for an HBO max quarterly report. Are they really this dumb/desperate to keep fooling themselves? Yes, and it’s frustrating, but at the same time, you just know that every time they say something completely bonkers and illogical like this, there’s several people in the crowd who have a lightbulb secretly turn on in the back of their minds, and it is the first of many steps on their journey towards freeing themselves. 

Edited by throwaway9988
  • Upvote 14

13 minutes ago, Nonbeliever said:

“ (although one can only imagine wrangling a wig budget alone places any full-formed series a bit far out.)” 😂

I know. I would basically watch just for the wig!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know. I would basically watch just for the wig!

How many wigs do we think the actress playing Gwen would need? Gwen really liked to make her hair styled different for the various events

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

On 8/26/2022 at 9:16 AM, MayMay1123 said:

God, could you help with famine, sickness, plagues, death, cancer, covid, hate?

No. But I will take care of hbo for remnant! 

Yea verily, and even before that, I, the Lord, will slay your mother, your husband, and your best friends! 

[sigh. the personalizing - can you say "ego"? - in this group is incredible]

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

• 2 weeks later...

When you go to their visitor webcast link, it takes you to a screen where you can choose from several videos rather than viewing a live service. 

• Confused 2
  • Thank You 2

Spoiler

When reached for comment, a spokesperson for Remnant sent Variety a statement from Hannah reiterating her remarks: “I have been praying that any false, defamatory accusations from any media source would be silenced — and that more truth could be shown to the world about the Remnant Fellowship and Gwen Shamblin Lara.”

Uh i don't know the details about the fusion but presumably Discovery+ would still be able to stream HBO Max content so what exactly was silenced? 

Did the producers get struck mute?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

RF seems to be running of teenagers to force coerce push encourage into too young marriages.

There have been 6 weddings this year:  Jan =1, April = 2, May = 2, June = 1. The last wedding was June 18.  Nothing listed as upcoming

There were 8 weddings in 2021 -- none after the one the weekend of the plane crash.

A far cry from the hey days of several marriages every single month.

Was Gwod the main force behind all the weddings or are they truly running out of teenagers to marry off?

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

Are all the weddings on the website?

If it's not compulsory I could see some couples opting out of making their wedding public, after the plane crash and the document furore.

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Are all the weddings on the website?

If it's not compulsory I could see some couples opting out of making their wedding public, after the plane crash and the document furore.

I agree that some might not be public. However, even if half the marriages were keeping private, that’s still a HUGE drop in weddings. I swear when Gwen was alive, it seemed like there was a wedding every single weekend from March to October. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

I’m surprised Michael Shamblin just posted a selfie on his Instagram. No caption or anything. He’s just standing in his front door. I’m not going to post it because he could have gone private. I followed Elizabeth when she was public and then she went private and I didn’t know it. Drives me nuts when they do that. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m surprised Michael Shamblin just posted a selfie on his Instagram. No caption or anything. He’s just standing in his front door. I’m not going to post it because he could have gone private. I followed Elizabeth when she was public and then she went private and I didn’t know it. Drives me nuts when they do that. 

He appears to be public because I can see it and I don't follow him.  I will share the link so if others are interested they can see but if he goes private we won't be breaking any rules: https://www.instagram.com/michael_shamblin/?hl=en

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

On 9/17/2022 at 5:45 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree that some might not be public. However, even if half the marriages were keeping private, that’s still a HUGE drop in weddings. I swear when Gwen was alive, it seemed like there was a wedding every single weekend from March to October. 

Miss Gwen was the matchmaker, she said it was gift God gave her  She was the one that told people when to have a child or to get IVF 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1

10 minutes ago, DietCherryCoke76 said:

Miss Gwen was the matchmaker, she said it was gift God gave her  She was the one that told people when to have a child or to get IVF 

I’m surprised Elizabeth hasn’t tried her hand at matchmaking. I know she’s different from her mother. But even casually suggesting a pairing wouldn’t be surprising to me. 

• Coconut Flan locked this topic