IGNORED

Remnant Fellowship 23: Elizabeth's Phoning It & Michael Did a Runner. Literally.

nelliebelle1197

The producers of the documentary talked 3 months ago and I think they’re referring to fFreejinger here. She mentions “gatekeepers” and having to win trust of one of the people she found before talking to others and doing this research in 2018. 
https://youtu.be/PptlHoVoT0w

Chrissy Teigen says in the vid she wanted to go undercover at a remnant party.

around 5 min mark 

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

On 9/14/2022 at 6:42 PM, freefromthin said:

When you go to their visitor webcast link, it takes you to a screen where you can choose from several videos rather than viewing a live service. 

I just discovered! I wonder what precipitated that?!

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2022 at 7:38 PM, luv2laugh said:

The producers of the documentary talked 3 months ago and I think they’re referring to fFreejinger here. She mentions “gatekeepers” and having to win trust of one of the people she found before talking to others and doing this research in 2018. 
https://youtu.be/PptlHoVoT0w

Chrissy Teigen says in the vid she wanted to go undercover at a remnant party.

around 5 min mark 

Thank you for this link. That was very interesting. I haven't gotten a hbo max subscription to watch the entire thing. 

• Upvote 1

On 9/19/2022 at 12:28 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m surprised Elizabeth hasn’t tried her hand at matchmaking. I know she’s different from her mother. But even casually suggesting a pairing wouldn’t be surprising to me. 

Good for her if she has stopped the cycle instead of controlling others’ love lives the same way her mom did to her!

• Upvote 3

On 9/20/2022 at 8:02 PM, ManyGoats said:

I just discovered! I wonder what precipitated that?!

A family member told me that they were going to start having a delayed webcast available for non-members, but at this point, they don't actually have an option for nonmembers to watch the live streams as far as I can tell.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

On 9/17/2022 at 1:41 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

RF seems to be running of teenagers to force coerce push encourage into too young marriages.

And yet another pair of babies...errr 18yo girl plus not-much-older guy...got engaged this week. They have been sitting in church together for years, so not really surprising engagement news, but the 'young marriage' cycle continues. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, Willow said:

..errr 18yo girl plus not-much-older guy...got engaged this week.

My heart breaks for them as 1) they will never experience life on their own as young adults, 2) most likely they do not attend/ or will quit college, 3) the inevitable "precious baby" (TM) in a year, followed by another a year later, 4) sitting in church together =/= in love and want to marry. and 5) the odds of divorce for marriages that young are so much higher.

• Upvote 4

I know Gwen was not super vocal about being anti-lgbtq+. But as fundie watchers, we know she is. And part of me likes that an out queer woman is playing her. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

On 9/23/2022 at 4:19 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I know Gwen was not super vocal about being anti-lgbtq+.

Yep. When marriage equality passed, all the WeighDowners (i.e. non-RF hangers-on) filled the WD FB page with 'What does Gwen say??" posts. She said nothing. WD said nothing. RF barely said anything except to make some vague reference on a Wednesday night to obeying laws of the land or something IIRC.  However once GS said in a semi-private conversation with RFers that even if it was legal, "We would never do that at Remnant" or something like that. 

And there was the guy in the documentary who thought he'd prove that it was OK to be gay in RF and found out it wasn't. RFers are 99% of them homophobic. There is a quiet 1% who have gay kids that they haven't disowned. The ones who have disowned their gay kids are proud of it. It's disgusting. 

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 8
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, throwaway9988 said:

Sarah Jessica Parker’s makeup in Hocus Pocus 2 might remind yall of a certain someone 🤭

I’m going to make my kids watch that with me. I made them water the first one a few years ago. That’s such a great Halloween movie. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

Fundie Fridays has just updated/redone her YouTube video on Gwen Shamblin and the Remnant Fellowship. It's a good watch. Shamblin was a monster. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 7

20 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Fundie Fridays has just updated/redone her YouTube video on Gwen Shamblin and the Remnant Fellowship. It's a good watch. Shamblin was a monster. 

The video was quite thorough. So if someone doesn’t have HBOmax and wants to know a lot about Gwen, I would point them to this video. 

• Upvote 5

I just watched Fundie Fridays’ update.  There was a more thorough treatment, overall, but I was most interested in the footage of Michael and his music.  Just my non-informed opinion, but it seems like Gwen’s control over his music really hampered him and kept him in a Remnant-focused box (those lyrics!).  I wonder if he’s going to disappear for awhile and maybe re-emerge with his own voice?  If so, it should be an improvement. 

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

The revelation from HBO that the meanings behind some of Michael’s song lyrics were actually about fighting against Remnant (instead of being about fighting against Satan/sin, presumably) was pretty hilarious to me. Do they still sing Michael’s songs constantly during worship? Did they task one of their stodgy leaders with scouring Michael’s complete discography to try to figure out which songs are secretly rebellious and need to be banned, and which songs are pure and can stay? Inquiring minds need to know!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1

Michael posted a picture on Instagram of his toddler son at a remnant event. I really hope he was just sent the picture and he wasn’t actually there. Is Michael going to be sucked back in? I hope not. 

• Upvote 3

Was Michael ever officially ousted by Elizabeth or by Gwen for that matter? Now that her mother and husband were gone, would she need the energy and talent of Michael to make a prete se of carrying on? 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

Was Michael ever officially ousted by Elizabeth or by Gwen for that matter? Now that her mother and husband were gone, would she need the energy and talent of Michael to make a prete se of carrying on? 

If I’m remembering correctly, I think Michael has usually left on his own accord. But I believe that over the years, he kept getting sucked back in. They would hide him behind a piano if he had gained weight. But I believe they always praised his music. So I don’t know if he’s ever been kicked out. 

• Upvote 4

I think last weekend was the Feast of Harvest/Festival of Tabernacles...or whatever they are calling it nowadays. Has anyone heard if Gwen  oops, I mean Elizabeth showed up to the festivities at all ...or if she actually preached in person to the members...anything??

• Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, FreefromRF said:

I think last weekend was the Feast of Harvest/Festival of Tabernacles...or whatever they are calling it nowadays. Has anyone heard if Gwen  oops, I mean Elizabeth showed up to the festivities at all ...or if she actually preached in person to the members...anything??

I had family members post it was the best ones ever. Gag.  

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

19 minutes ago, Reallyhatefakes said:

I wonder what kind of mental gymnastics RF members do in order to say any annual event is the best one ever now that Gwen is dead. You would think they would all feel guilty that this year’s was better than the ones Gwen planned and attended. I’m sure they say she’s there in spirit 🙄 But really she’s there in the brainwashing. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

9 hours ago, Reallyhatefakes said:

Every year was the best ever when I was there 🙄

• Upvote 4
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic