IGNORED

2020 Election Fallout 15: More Information Is Being Revealed About The Big Lie

GreyhoundFan

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I’m just spitballing here, but I suspect some of these idiots watched “Fight Club” too many times; never read the book to find out Chuck Palahniuk’s actual original ending; devised their own version of “Project Mayhem” (pulling fire alarms and blocking traffic? Really dudes?); and, having thus far completely missed the entire point of the story, got all hyped up on their own Space Monkey chatter which resulted in a few Robert Paulsons as well as dead and injured law enforcement.

(No, I am not saying movies or video games made them do it. We are all smarter than the jackasses who use those arguments to shift the conversation away from better gun regulation. I am just struck by how well Chuck Palahniuk wrote these characters before they ever existed. Anthony Burgess did it even earlier when he created Alex, his droogs and his rivals such as Billy Boy in “A Clockwork Orange”.  I know I am nerding out and we could list so many books that fit but my long-winded point is that if their actions weren’t so infuriating and threatening to our country as a whole, these people would be laughable in how writers have been able to characterize them for years.)

• I Agree 6

Yeah you can look at the terrorist attack plans here

That's a special kind of fucking stupid on the part of the proud douche cannon who filed this thinking that it would get him off the hook.

• Upvote 6

Good grief, that stinking pile of doo-doo Loudermilk is in reaches up to his eyeballs.

Correction, it's way over his head:

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 5

9 hours ago, Howl said:

OK, here's a Huffpo article with video embedded: 

New Video Shows Trump Rally Attendees Scoping Out Capitol Day Before Jan. 6 Attack  Rep. Barry Loudermilk (R-Ga.) gave a tour of House office buildings on Jan. 5.

snip: 

WASHINGTON ― New footage released by the committee investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, insurrection shows members of a tour group hosted by a Republican lawmaker [Loudermilk] taking pictures of Capitol complex hallways and making menacing comments about members of Congress.

I hope he's charged with treason. Quite honestly, I hope they throw the book at him.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

6 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Good grief, that stinking pile of doo-doo Loudermilk is in reaches up to his eyeballs...Correction, it's way over his head...

and 

3 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I hope he's charged with treason. Quite honestly, I hope they throw the book at him.

Loudermilk has lied his way into a deep hole and he's still digging!  His latest is that the guy taking a photo of the stairwell was actually photographing a large gold eagle plaque at the top of the stairs!  And the kids just wanted to see the underground train!  What is more innocent than that?  

To even get those people in the Capitol complex, which has been completely closed to visitors and tours, a special request had to be made and names and IDs have to be provided.  Pretty obvious that the "family" was a cover for recon.  Hypothetical: if any of those people are charged and a plea is offered, they have to give up the tea.  Throwing Loudermilk under the bus would certainly be under consideration. 

A woman posted on twitter that she was in charge of tours for kids at the Capitol in the past.  In many areas,  photo documentation of any type was prohibited, and that was before 1/6. 

More excitement today as the Jan 6 Committee convenes! 

*lifts head, sniffs*  Wait! What's that scent wafting in on the breeze? I think it's the sweet smell of flop sweat and desperation emanating from Mar-a-Lago! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Preferably a very large, very heavy book.

How much clearer does this stuff have to be, before they start charging people? There was a literal attack, planned ahead of time, assisted by sitting lawmakers and encouraged by the then-president, against the Capitol of the United States. By a combo of luck, skilled security and police, self-preservation and some built-in security measures - plus incompetence on the part of most of the attackers - no one in congress was killed. But that's absolutely what the goal was.

I really think that part of the problem they had was that the attack included the crowd from the rally, many of whom were not party to the actual plan. If it had just been the ones in on the planned attack, it would have been far more dangerous. The rando magats coming from the rally got in the way and created chaos, making it difficult to follow the actual plans that had been made. The leaders of this attempted coup apparently thought they could hand out copies of the plan to the randos and get them in on things. Like they'd actually take the time to read something. Anything. 

The document linked above calls for a sit-in, but basically leaves a question mark about how to end things and what to do if their demands were met... not to mention their demands being things that are often decided on a state level, and all election related meaning they couldn't be met until years after anyway.

I suspect that "plan" document is the general public version. I strongly doubt that the people armed with bear spray and plastic cuffs and dressed in tactical gear were going to just sit in there and chant until someone said "sure, sure, we'll make your demands law. Move along now."

They were out for blood. They were planning to take hostages. The handout version of their plan couldn't say so, of course, but I would bet money that was the real plan. They weren't ever going to get the whole country to switch to in person paper ballot voting only by sitting around chanting slogans, no matter how many buildings they took over. One of their slogans was No Trump, No America." THAT'S what they were really after. They wanted to overturn the election and install Trump as emperor, basically. 

Here's the law about treason:

Whoever, owing allegiance to the United States, levies war against them or adheres to their enemies, giving them aid and comfort within the United States or elsewhere, is guilty of treason and shall suffer death, or shall be imprisoned not less than five years and fined under this title but not less than $10,000; and shall be incapable of holding any office under the United States.

It seems like it might be time to take a look at that, frankly. There's a big difference between "death" and "5 years in prison plus a $10,000 fine". 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

hope he's charged with treason

Tiny correction. This Isn't treason, which is an act that can only be perpetrated during times of war. This is sedition, just as evil, but what one calls these acts in peace times. :pb_wink:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Still an hour before I get home. Have the hearings started yet?

• Upvote 3

15 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Still an hour before I get home. Have the hearings started yet?

No.  They start at 1 PM here in the US (Eastern Standard Time).

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Keeping my fingers crossed for a hearing with her testimony. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Upvote 7

There is zero chance the Ginni Thomas will testify.  She is so incredibly deep in all this, and if she were to testify truthfully, it would likely bring down her husband.  It's obvious Clarence protected her by being the long vote against releasing emails that implicate her in various nefarious activities. 

ETA: And BOOM, just checked HuffPo: REPORT: JAN. 6 PANEL HAS EMAILS BETWEEN GINNI THOMAS & TRUMP LAWYER   They won't need Ginni to testify, they have the emails.  

Link here:   Ginni Thomas Exchanged Emails With Trump Lawyer John Eastman: Report   The correspondence with the wife of Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas was obtained by the House Jan. 6 committee.

Start the popcorn poppin', y'all! 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 12

Yay, made it home in time! :my_biggrin:

21 minutes ago, Howl said:

nd BOOM, just checked HuffPo: REPORT: JAN. 6 PANEL HAS EMAILS BETWEEN GINNI THOMAS & TRUMP LAWYER   They won't need Ginni to testify, they have the emails.  

Lordy, they have emails... 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Man, can’t wait to switch on in a bit.

are the emails coming up tonight? I thought it was going to be about all the pressure put on Mike Pence before 6th January?

• Upvote 3

Luttig sounds like he is going to collapse any minute. Don't know if that is physical weakness, trying to choose his words carefully, or what.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

8 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

Man, can’t wait to switch on in a bit.

are the emails coming up tonight? I thought it was going to be about all the pressure put on Mike Pence before 6th January?

It's all about the pressure on Mike Pence, not the emails. I'm guessing there will be a hearing in future that will concentrate on John Eastman and the emails between him and Ginni Thomas -- and a great many others -- will be discussed at that time. 

Of course, they probably will be leaked before then...

2 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Luttig sounds like he is going to collapse any minute. Don't know if that is physical weakness, trying to choose his words carefully, or what.

It's hard to listen to him, isn't it? It's quite irritating, actually. Especially the long pauses after each two words...

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Does anyone else have to keep googling people that are being mentioned in the hearings, even those you’ve  looked up before, because you just can’t keep all the many witnesses and/or potential perpetrators straight? Maybe it’s just me getting old …

• Upvote 6

I appreciate that they're trying to speed Luttig up.  He's impossible.   I appreciate that he's appearing and I like his writing but he's a terrible witness.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

Does anyone else have to keep googling people that are being mentioned in the hearings, even those you’ve  looked up before, because you just can’t keep all the many witnesses and/or potential perpetrators straight? Maybe it’s just me getting old …

I don't bother trying to keep them apart anymore. If I did that, I'd have to start compiling charts and pivot tables in order to be able to keep track of them and their interconnections. :pb_lol:

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I haven’t googled that Mr Jacob yet, so i don’t know who he is, but I have to say I liked his testimony so far.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Xan said:

I appreciate that they're trying to speed Luttig up.  He's impossible.   I appreciate that he's appearing and I like his writing but he's a terrible witness.

If there is any sense left in this world (an iffy proposition, I know), he will be played by William Shatner when SNL spoofs this. Only Shatner can . . . . match . . . . that . . . . . . . . cadence. They even look incredibly similar.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Shrubbery said:

I haven’t googled that Mr Jacob yet, so i don’t know who he is, but I have to say I liked his testimony so far.

He was on Pence's legal team advising him in his role as VP.

• Thank You 5

10 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Oh…my…. I went to the bathroom, made up a shopping list, watched a round of golf, and he still hadn’t finished his sentence.  I’m glad there’s a transcript! 

• Haha 9

Luttig's Shatnerizing doesn't aggravate me. As long as it doesn't mean we are going to see someone drop dead on live TV, I'm fine with it.

I do like the fact that they are educating us about the intent and history of the 12th Amendment.

• Upvote 7

Is anyone else secretly enjoying the argument between the witnesses about the 'inartful' sentence vs 'pristine' sentence? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic