IGNORED

(CW: CSA) Josh & Anna 45: 19 Crimes and Counting; Found Guilty of Two of Them

HerNameIsBuffy

18 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I've been called to jury duty five times - yes, five, for a week every time.  99 % of us showed up in jeans every day.  Unless you meant only family and witnesses - and really, 50 % of them were in jeans, too. 

I am a lawyer, and I always show up for jury duty in jeans, for that thrill of being in court not in a suit. 😆  Last time I knew the prosecutor and he laughed and commented on it (and I was being excused anyway, since we knew each other from work).

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 26

26 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

To court? No. Courtrooms are very traditional. Jeans are inappropriate for court.

The only place jeans would be appropriate is traffic court.

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 2
  • Eyeroll 6
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, FiveAcres said:

This link should start soon after the prosecuting attorney speaks. 

Hide contents

Thank you so much for this.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Antimony said:

In one shot she was rotating her marriage ring, fiddling with it while going up the stairs. That strikes me as...interesting.

Not promising, just kind of interesting. I constantly fiddle with my engagement ring on days I remember to wear it (chemistry job/ADHD/never wore rings before-combo) and it's impossible for me to yet see it as just a ring. Even when I'm just fidgeting, I'm somewhat aware of what it is (At least I have a partner) and why I have it. 

Yep, Behavior Panel said it's a comfort gesture and indicates the jewelry represents something to the person doing it.  

When I was missing my crucifix to fiddle with this week I tried a couple of other necklaces and they didn't work, the crucifix is my talisman of my late mom who never got justice for her CSA.  In marriage counselling I'd fiddle with my wedding ring.  

• Upvote 11
  • Love 13

24 minutes ago, SweetLaurel said:

I've been called to jury duty five times - yes, five, for a week every time.  99 % of us showed up in jeans every day.  Unless you meant only family and witnesses - and really, 50 % of them were in jeans, too. 

I have never once in my 40 odd years been called for a jury. Why is this? 🧐

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

Washing county jail where Josh is currently residing has 700 residents.

Max visitation is 2 adults & 2 kids - so Josh can't see all his kids at once (if Anna brings them)

It also publishes a list of names.  Josh is already there.

https://www.washingtoncountyar.gov/government/departments-f-z/sheriff/faqs/detention-center-faqs

image.thumb.png.5bf63a0e703c479778d1fb0de911cf1e.png

image.thumb.png.d3827fa85b1b09f1d90fdd3b59ebdfe4.png

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 19
  • Love 1

Just now, neuroticcat said:

Shhhhh....me either.  Don't say that out loud or they'll hear us.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 19
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Appeals take years.  They'll have to hire appeal lawyers, build a case if there is one, get it on the appellate court schedule and if  they agree to hear the appeal that trial will be scheduled.  If they refuse to hear the appeal Duggar can wash-rinse-repeat or sit the fuck down and serve his time.

My understanding (I'm not an attorney) is that the first level of appeal of any case is "by right"; if you appeal, that first-level court will always hear it. After that, if you lose, and then appeal to the next higher level, that court reviews the appeal and decides whether it will hear it... I assume this is to avoid wasting resources on appeals that are very unlikely to succeed. If they say "we won't hear it" I don't think you get to try again after that point.

Speaking of "unlikely to succeed"... I'm pretty sure Smuggar faces long odds on any appeal. The prosecutors are really good at conducting the case in a way that doesn't leave avenues for the verdict to get reversed, or the case to get retried, based on a mistake. And we saw hints in the trial of just how bad the defense's position was... the prosecutor even said it at the news conference.

I think it's all over but the jail time.

• Upvote 13

The picture of JBs hair is hysterical. And although I hold Michelle in contempt generally, I cannot but feel a teensy bit of compassion.

Imagine having to be joyfully available to a toupee.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 14

1 minute ago, neuroticcat said:

I've been called once, but they have a thing where you call a phone number the night before and see if you have to actually come in the next day or not, and I didn't have to go in either day.

I don't know why I haven't been called again, but I'm totally fine with it. It's possible that it's my name that is so super common sometimes people think it's fake. Or they see my last name and assume (correctly) that I'm related somehow to most of the people in the county. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

Public mortification can be motivating for speed walking in any kind of footwear. 

I wonder if she is pissed off at JB. Some how I can see her saying "you told me he would be found not guilty!" . I know she probably didn't! 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

I hope every single victim can find peace.  I know this case has been triggering for some people here.  I hope you’re able to find peace & healing within.  Justice has been done.  But there’s many people out there that don’t get their day in court.  That said, you are BELIEVED & you DO count.  

I hope Josh isn’t able to hurt another soul.  He’s a pitiful human.  I hope his kids can heal in their own time. I hope Anna digs her head out of the sand. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 18

Interesting Lee I would that the verdict means CPS is less likely to look in on the m kids. Their reason for doing so was that he might hurt them and now he is gone. Having represented adults trying to keep their kids against CPS it seems likely that and I won't have to deal with that issue until he gets out. If she refuses to keep them away from him then she might.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

5 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

Luck. I went 18 years between being called for my second time.  Husband has been called three times in 10 years. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, 3KidsAndStopped said:

The picture of JBs hair is hysterical. And although I hold Michelle in contempt generally, I cannot but feel a teensy bit of compassion.

Imagine having to be joyfully available to a toupee.

JB's toupee is now my profile pic.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 34
  • Love 4

28 minutes ago, adidas said:

The jury did that for her. 

You win the Internet today.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

Had to stop following thread earlier because work but words can't express how pleased I am with this verdict.  I really was hoping he would not skate this time.  I mean, this time, because I suspect there is far more to Joshley's misdeeds than what we know.

I hope that his victims feel vindicated but I am sure they are processing all kinds of feelings.  I hope they get all the love and support they need.

As for JB and J'chelle, they utterly failed all of their children and put them all through trauma they didn't need to go through once Joshley's issues came to light years ago.  Of all the family members, I have no sympathy for either of them and they deserve every bit of scorn coming their way.

47 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I don't live too far from where Rittenhouse is from. His mother should never have driven her 17 year old son, with a gun, to a riot/protest. This is going to follow him for the rest of his days. And yes, I'm sure there will be civil suits, however the family barely has a pot to piss in unless you count the money the kid has gotten. I have heard there is a fight for that now amongst his lawyers. 

Quick comment on this.  Also live close to where he was from.  Back in the early days of the case, there were some comments in a local news article where one commenter mentioned that he and his family lived in our neighborhood years ago (didn't know them).  He was part of the local police cadet organization for awhile which went dark on SM due to the affiliation.   Family does have nothing except for the donation money.    

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 2

9 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

I am a lawyer, and I always show up for jury duty in jeans, for that thrill of being in court not in a suit. 😆  Last time I knew the prosecutor and he laughed and commented on it (and I was being excused anyway, since we knew each other from work).

I've been called once so far and had to go in a handful of times over two weeks. To my recollection, jeans were fine, as long as they weren't cutoffs. And no slogan shirts, etc. since they might say offensive or prejudicial things.

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, neuroticcat said:

I have been called five times, my husband and none of our kids have been called.  My mother in law, never, my father in law 4 times.  Weird how it works.  FIL and I said we should by lottery tickets. 

Oh and we both wore our comfy jeans every time - hours and hours and hours of sitting.  No one is looking at us.  Why not.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
adding
  • Upvote 8

44 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

This is an absolutely disgusting comment.  In case you haven't noticed this isn't about you and I'll thank you not to gatekeep new posters who have as much right to be here and post as anyone else.

Thank you. Especially since I have been here since 2015. Even if I had joined today I would still have a right to post.

• Upvote 10
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

I was on the jury and wear suit everyday of the 5-day trial. I think it shows respect of the Court end of the job we're doing to dress professionally also I happen to have enough suits to do that most people don't and I would advise anyone going to court to dress as professionally as they can which it mean a wide variety of things

• Upvote 5
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 1

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic