IGNORED

Branch Trumpvidians 5: I Can't Believe They Still Worship TFG

GreyhoundFan

How generous of them to suggest that a father take “a couple of days off to support the mother.” :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 3
  • Eyeroll 5

16 hours ago, smittykins said:

How generous of them to suggest that a father take “a couple of days off to support the mother.” :pb_rollseyes:

While attacking the Buttigiegs, they also revealed their own ugly feelings about adoption. At some point in time, you know that at least one of these assholes has said something about how adopting a child is "almost like having one of your own." :angry-banghead:

• Upvote 8

And that the birth mother should have “taken responsibility for her actions” and raised her twins.  “Keep your legs closed if you don’t want a baby.”

Edited by smittykins
  • I Agree 9

1 hour ago, Cartmann99 said:

I hate to tell mark this but even if we never mentioned or taught it at all we would still have students who were homosexual and students who were transgender.

• Upvote 16

I will always have a hard time understanding this focus on other people’s sex lives. Why care so much about what consenting adults do? Why care about how someone else chooses to live their lives or how they identify themselves? Why feel threatened by them? I really don’t get why it should be an issue.

If you want to be virtuous and live a good life, then work hard on yourself and concentrate on being the best person you can be. Be kind and genuine. Treat others well and make a positive impact on your environment. Respect each other’s differences. Do not impose your will on others, and certainly do not force others to be like you. Realize that everyone has their own way of living, and as long as they treat others well, leave them be. That way everyone has ability to be the best possible version of themselves. That way, the world will become a better place.

Edited by fraurosena
Riffle
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 7

20 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Because they’ve totally eliminated unwed pregnancy by not teaching kids about sex.

• Upvote 8

Ron Filipkowski   @RonFilipkowski: At the Proud Boys’ ‘Fall Love Fest’ rally in LA yesterday, speaker announces that many of them are single and “looking for house wives.”

Very strong "ISIS brides" vibe. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

Megyn, honey, those voices in your head are not your friends.

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Eyeroll 5
  • Haha 6

I'm in SW Colorado at the moment and picked up a local free paper discussing the local school board meetings with the usual crazies, ranting about Critical Race Theory, trying to overturn the curriculum that was adopted by the school board for this current academic year and yada yada.  Teachers are aghast, because they spent a lot of time preparing lesson plans based on the new curriculum and are currently teaching with that curriculum.   In the meantime, the middle and high schools in this town are closed because 40 (FORTY) staff/highschool students came down with COVID and the local hospital is in overwhelm. 

And of course, the alt-reich christo-fascists are being horrible about a club called The Lunch Bunch where middle school kids who are LGBTQ or otherwise need some friendly support meet together on Fridays for lunch. Some people are calling for lunch to be declared "instructional" time, to stop the club from meeting at that time. 

This is a town with a population of about 8,000.  It's always been conservative, and the town Edward Abbey referred to as the Shit Head Capital of Dipshit County, Colorado in an essay.  I lived here when that essay was published and there were many infuriated letters to the editor in response, like "We are NOT shitheads!" 

• Upvote 9

On 10/26/2021 at 1:41 AM, fraurosena said:

I will always have a hard time understanding this focus on other people’s sex lives. Why care so much about what consenting adults do? Why care about how someone else chooses to live their lives or how they identify themselves? Why feel threatened by them? I really don’t get why it should be an issue.

I think for the diehard Christians/fundamentalists/Dominionists it's a problem because they feel that it undermines their entire "Adam and Eve" story.  And how can you keep wives submissive and undervalued if it's two men or two women getting married?  Mostly, they seem to be against any sex that isn't geared towards procreation.  If two same sex people get married, how can the sex be accepted as natural without that procreation element?

I agree that it's nonsense and what other consenting adults do in their own bedrooms is absolutely none of my business.  I'm always just stunned that the rightwing says they're for less government intrusion and yet they are happy to weigh in on private sex lives, birth control, and whether someone has to continue a pregnancy.  It's the height of hypocrisy.

• I Agree 11

Sweet Rufus Lort, this is a painting of St. Trump wielding a flaming sword and driving Biden and Harris out of the white house.  

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Howl said:

Sweet Rufus Lort, this is a painting of St. Trump wielding a flaming sword and driving Biden and Harris out of the white house. 

Worse than portraying him as a saint - it portrays him as the angel of the Lord, driving them out with the flaming sword!

You were probably too shocked or busy vomiting to notice the wings.

Painting it as a triptych was a nod to tradition, I guess. :confusion-shrug:

• Upvote 7

18 hours ago, Howl said:

The painter DID get Trump's moobs right.  

• Upvote 6

6 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

They have the Supreme Court in their pocket and if they have Trump as president and when the house and the Senate by a large enough margin I can see these nincompoops ramrodding a repeal of the 22nd amendment through so Trump could be president for life. The repeal would have to go back to the States but with more red States than blue States very scarily I could see enough votes to repeal the 22nd amendment.

You can say I'm being negative but it seems like every time we say that's a line the Republicans won't cross not only do they cross that line they blow past it.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

The 'why are they all up in other consenting adults' sex' thing, to me, is mostly because they're enormously sexually repressed & they think everyone should be repressing just like they do. Human sexuality being wildly diverse, there's lots of things outside their tiny constraint system to be repressed about. That's why I'm never surprised when it turns out that this or that conservative or Republican is gay or bi or kinky. From watching this pattern repeat I've become convinced that repressing ones sexuality is part of the pathway to fascism, that it's an important motivator for authoritarian leanings in individuals.

• Upvote 9

On 11/6/2021 at 2:03 PM, Cartmann99 said:

Who would've ever thought that a guy who had a dildo filled boat, claimed that post office employees tampered with ballots in Pennsylvania, selectively edited and manipulated recordings to try to discredit voter drives and Planned Parenthood, tried to break into Mary Landrieu's office, dressed up as Osama bin Laden to cross the US/Mexico border, tried to solicit voter fraud, and tried to break into the Washington Post would do something like steal a diary?  (We would assume to falsify information and publish it.)  My real question is how is this guy not behind bars already?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8

I'm putting this here because this sounds exactly like something a Branch Trumpvidian would do:

Edited by Cartmann99
  • Haha 7

On 11/7/2021 at 7:45 PM, Xan said:

Who would've ever thought that a guy who had a dildo filled boat, claimed that post office employees tampered with ballots in Pennsylvania, selectively edited and manipulated recordings to try to discredit voter drives and Planned Parenthood, tried to break into Mary Landrieu's office, dressed up as Osama bin Laden to cross the US/Mexico border, tried to solicit voter fraud, and tried to break into the Washington Post would do something like steal a diary?  (We would assume to falsify information and publish it.)  My real question is how is this guy not behind bars already?

Middle-or-higher-class white male probably figures strongly into it...

• Upvote 6

• Destiny locked this topic