• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• GreyhoundFan

• ADoyle90815

• Cartmann99

• fraurosena

9 hours ago, fraurosena said:

image.png.c6941c16e6b2b04d94ff7ace3b3666af.png

I took a class in Nashville, Tennessee, which included some civil rights history.  The downtown library has a lot of photos in a room they devote to the local civil rights movement (recommend a visit if you are ever there).  They have made efforts to identify everyone in these types of photos.  In my class, which were mostly over the age of 60, the teacher pointed out that back when these events happened, it was the parent or grandparent generations of the locals in the photos.  Horrible things occurred in the area, and our teacher emphasized that relatives of the people in the classroom may have witnessed the events.  Very sobering realization. 

• Upvote 12

AA1991A0-F5B4-42D5-BDD0-76008489238B.thumb.jpeg.2c8653e6407be9692b16726f6e4e2f3c.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 3

image.png.ac6f123812ed0936d891f94711791f21.png

"Tucker Loves The Fetus, Hates The Child"

Forget seeing Jon Gruden’s emails for a minute. I want to Tucker Carlson’s emails. I mean, if this guy is flagrantly exhibiting his hate and homophobia to the world on primetime television, I wanna see the stuff he’s secretly saying to his closest confidantes.

Transportation Secretary Pete Buttigieg and his husband Chasten have adopted premature infant newborn twins. Buttigieg, formerly “Mayor Pete,” had taken paternity, or parental, leave to help care for the newborns. Of course, a guy who works so hard at things that he would learn Norwegian just to read one book is the kind of guy who would suck at taking a leave, because he kept working. But, there is an outrage. What is that outrage? Well, I’m not sure. Let’s listen to Tucker Carlson.

Tucker had a huge problem with Buttigieg taking paternity leave, saying on his show that’s rated number-one with white nationalists, “Pete Buttigieg has been on leave from his job since August after adopting a child. Paternity leave, they call it, trying to figure out how to breastfeed. No word on how that went.”

Apparently, it went pretty well. Pete responded, “I guess he just doesn’t understand the concept of bottle feeding, let alone the concept of paternity leave.” By the way, has Tucker ever actually seen a breast? Maybe he lies about it like in the movie, “40-Year-Old Virgin.” It feels like a bag of sand.

Later, Pete told Jake Tapper on his show popular with people who want facts, “I’m not going to apologize to Tucker Carlson or anyone else for taking care of my premature newborn infant twins. The work that we are doing is joyful, fulfilling, wonderful work. It’s important work, and it’s work that every American ought to be able to do when they welcome a new child into their family. I campaigned on that.”

Pete pointed out, “What is really strange is that, you know, this is from a side of the aisle that used to claim the mantle of being pro-family. What we have right now is an administration that’s actually pro-family.”

Yeah. What happened to that pro-family stuff Republicans always claimed to champion? Did it go out the window when they made the leader of their party the pussy-grabbing thrice-married father of five with three different women whos’ been accused of sexual assault, including rape, over 25 times? Did they chuck their family values out the window with their platforms of patriotism, defense of America from Russia, anti-terrorism, and love of conservative fiscal policies?

Gay marriage is the law of the land now and legal in every state, even Utah. Is Tucker’s attack on Buttigieg’s paternity leave a veiled swipe at gay marriage? But then again, abortion is the law of the land too and Republicans are trying to overturn that, so maybe they’ll do the same with gay marriage. Republicans love trying to control other people’s lives. While screaming about vaccine mandates, they’re mandating what women can and can’t do with their own bodies. But just like some stranger’s abortion isn’t Tucker’s business, either is Pete and Chaz’s marriage…or their adoption of twins.

And what is this business of demanding that every fetus be delivered then abandoning when it becomes a child? People like Tucker demand the birth of a baby, even if it’s the result of a rape, then demand we don’t help through government funds to feed it, educate it, or give it any care. They’re against school lunches. They demand parents to be drug tested before they can receive any assistance. And if the parent tests positive for a little weed, then the child should starve. They also don’t want the child to have any healthcare. No healthcare. No prenatal. No nothing. But, yay it’s born.

Tucker is obtuse and he lacks self-awareness. His outlook is from a rich-privileged-white-kid boarding school education. He did attempt to apologize for his homophobic attack after getting owned by Buttigieg. He replied to Buttigieg, “Last night on this show we made a brief, offhand joke about the Secretary of Transportation Pete Buttigieg, and this morning we discovered our error. It turns out that Buttigieg is not a dwarfish fraud whose utter mediocrity indicts the class that produced him. No, not at all. Pete Buttigieg was once the mayor of South Bend, Indiana. So understandably, going forward, we are. And of course we will. Our mistake.”

That’s an apology? I bet Tucker thinks that funny. I bet his audience believes it’s hilarious. But then again, these are the same idiots who believe the hashtag, #LetsGoBrandon is witty and hilarious. Pssst, Republicans. I don’t need a code to say, “Fuck Trump.”

But what sort of audience does Tucker have, I mean, other than white nationalists? OK, they’re all white nationalists, but let’s take a look at how they feel about Pete Buttigieg taking paternity leave. For this, we’re going to scroll through one of my former friend’s Facebook page. My former friend is an alt-right racist Nazi-supporting former Never-Trump who now attacks Never-Trumpers. He is the perfect example of the vileness of the Trump Cult and is up to date on current bigoted and Fox News talking points. He made two posts about Buttigieg’s adoption and paternity leave. Let’s see what he said and how his racist fucknut friends replied.

His first post on Buttigieg is: Transportation secretary, Pete Buttigieg, tonight referred to the two babies he just adopted as, “my new kids”. I’ve never heard a new parent refer to their recently born infants as “my new kids”. It’s Iike he’s referring to a just-purchased turtleneck or badminton racket.

His quibble is with the reference, “My new kids.” Well, you gotta quibble when you don’t have anything, like outrage over Joe Biden liking ice cream. That sonofabitch likes chunky monkey. I digress. Let’s check out a few replies to the post.

They are: “He’s insufferable. Two months paid vacation on the taxpayers dime. Wow.” How many days was Trump at his golf courses?

“It makes no sense on purpose. They are gay men pretending to be “\’parents’. And it’s our shortcomings if we cannot make fantasy into reality.”

“For a NY MinuteI thought you said Pete’s buttplug.”

“Those kids are now positioned, in my opinion, to be the recipients of some major Child Abuse. I feel sorry for those children. They don’t deserve that.” Actually, most child abuse is committed by heterosexuals.

“Please, you deluded gay narcissists, hire a compassionate competent nanny.It’s their only hope.” Maybe they can get Obi Wan Kenobi…he’s their only hope.

My first two takeaways are that these goons are really homophobic and sure know a lot about butt plugs. Then, just as you were wondering about their butt plug obsession, another post was made that drew new homophobic comments. Let’s take another gander if we have the stomach for it.

The second post on Buttigieg is: “I hope Mayor Pete is healing well during his maternity leave.” The guy doesn’t not understand the difference between “maternity” and “paternity,” so maybe he shouldn’t be telling women what to do with their bodies, hmm?

Some of those replies are: “I wonder how they did the episiotomy was performed.” Hey, I’m not correcting their grammar.

“I just looked it up and his husband is a drama teacher. So, do they both get maternity leave?” This person complained her maternity leave was shorter than Pete’s Paternity leave, so you’d think she’d understand the difference.

“Heard he had difficulty with the lactation Department.”

“Wonder did he have an episiotomy….” An obsession with episiotomies and butt plugs. Nice.

“Pete knows more about umbilical cords, than supply chains.”

There were a lot more, like the comparison that Kayleigh McEnany only took two weeks off compared to Buttigieg’s two months (when he kept working). But maybe Kayleigh doesn’t love her baby as much as Pete loves his twins. The real big takeaway here is, these people are homophobic and ignorant. They don’t know what they’re talking about despite having a lot of opinions on the subject.

The reason these people are so ignorant is because they’re the people Tucker Carlson is talking to. It’s also partly why they’re so racist because Tucker’s show is the highest-rated show among white nationalists.

If your argument is Buttigieg shouldn’t be able to take a paternity leave for so long because other people can’t, then stop opposing it. We’re trying to make parental leave more available to everyone. As Buttigieg said, “It’s important work, and it’s work that every American ought to be able to do when they welcome a new child into their family. I campaigned on that.”

Conservatives always argue that if they didn’t get something good, or things were hard on them, then it should be hard on everyone else. They argue against free tuition because they didn’t get it. I thought we wanted better for our children. Conservatives do not. They don’t want paternity leave or the children they forced to be born to be adopted to people who will provide loving homes and become great parents.

For conservatives, it’s love the fetus, hate the child. It’s like what the late and great George Carlin said.

“Boy, these conservatives are really something, aren’t they? They’re all in favor of the unborn. They will do anything for the unborn. But once you’re born, you’re on your own. Pro-life conservatives are obsessed with the fetus from conception to nine months. After that, they don’t want to know about you. They don’t want to hear from you. No nothing. No neonatal care, no day care, no head start, no school lunch, no food stamps, no welfare, no nothing. If you’re preborn, you’re fine; if you’re preschool, you’re fucked.”

• Upvote 10

image.png.a4b8b6012583a6ab2996c1574e0dea0b.png

"Texas Teachings"

To be fair, no public schools in Texas are teaching that the Holocaust is a hoax. They only tried to teach that the Holocaust is a hoax.

During a training session in a North Texas school district on what books should be in classrooms and libraries, one administration official said they should have books on opposing views on the Holocaust. Gina Peddy, executive director of curriculum and instruction for the Carroll Independent School District, said that if there are going to be books on the Holocaust, then they need to follow a new Texas law mandating (thought they outlawed mandates) educators to present multiple perspectives when discussing “widely debated and currently controversial” issues.

Peddy is on a recording telling teachers and administrators, “Just try to remember the concepts of [House Bill] 3979, and make sure that if you have a book on the Holocaust that you have one that has an opposing, that has other perspectives.”

So, in Texas the Holocaust is “widely debated” and “controversial?” Also, since the Holocaust is fact, how are there opposing views to a fact? And, if the Holocaust is a viewpoint, then the opposing viewpoint is that it never happened? Seriously, Texas…why are you the Taliban?

A few years ago, I was invited to submit a cartoon on Donald Trump to an international contest. Stupid me didn’t look into it and went ahead and sent a cartoon. Only after I placed in the contest did I discover it was conducted by the Iranian government that had previously used a cartoon contest to promote Holocaust denial. I rejected the award along with my fellow American colleague Ed Wexler, who was also snookered into submitting. My point is, now I have to watch out for contests from Iran and Texas. Hey, do you remember when Texas had a Draw-Muhammad contest?

But just like not every Republican is a racist Trump cultist sycophant (there are at least two who are not), not everyone in Texas is a Holocaust denier (I’m looking at Nick Anderson). When Peddy brought up the mandate to have Holocaust denial bullshit in schools, one teacher asked, “How do you oppose the Holocaust?” She probably meant, how does somebody deny the Holocaust happened? I mean, we all oppose the Holocaust, right? Well, maybe not Gina Peddy. She replied to the question, “Believe me, that’s come up.” Where? Where the hell does Peddy hang out that holocaust denial comes up?

The law signed by Texas Governor Greg Abbott was to prevent Critical Race Theory and anything “gay” being taught in public schools, or if something slipped through (like it’s wrong to set trans people on fire), then the school needed opposing lessons. Last year, a fourth-grade student brought home a book from Johnson Elementary (in the Peddy district) titled “This Book is Anti-Racist.” Well, the kid’s parents didn’t think anti-racism should be taught to their child and they complained. The school removed the book and planned to give the teacher a tongue lashing until someone pointed out that lashing with your tongue might be gay.

So, what is an appropriate age to teach anti-racism? In Texas, it’s probably never. Look at Greg Abbott and Ted Cruz. They ain’t learned nothing yet except how to gaslight. If the letter of the new law is followed, there needs to be opposing education to the racist border wall these fucknuts want built. It needs to be taught that it’s racist, useless, and too damn expensive. Hopefully, Ted doesn’t bail to Cancun, ironically, in Mexico, during the lesson. If anything should be learned here, if dumbass Ted Cruz can figure out how to get over a wall, then immigrants aren’t going to have any problems with it.

Meanwhile, the teacher with the anti-racism book was scolded and disciplined. And the administrator who proposed teaching Holocaust denial, they probably gave her a gift card to Applebee’s. What they should do is send her to the National Holocaust Museum in Washington, DC.

But here’s the thing, kids: If you’re not teaching about systemic racism in this nation, or even that the Civil War was fought over slavery, isn’t that like teaching Holocaust denial…or at the very least, not teaching it happened at all? Texas standards adopted in 2010 teach that slavery was among the third causes of the Civil War. Pat Hardy, a Republican member of the State Board of Education, said slavery was a “side issue” of the Civil War. He said the war was over “states’ rights.” Someone please teach Mr. Hardy that in Texas’ Declaration of Secession from the United States mentioned slavery as the cause, not once, not twice, not even three times, but 21 one freaking times. It was also mentioned as the cause in the declarations from South Carolina, Mississippi, and Georgia.

Also, the vice president of the Confederacy, Alexander Stevens, said the only cause of secession was slavery. He said, “The general opinion of the men of that day [Revolutionary Period] was, that, somehow or other, in the order of Providence, the institution [slavery] would be evanescent and pass away […] Our new Government is founded upon exactly the opposite ideas; its foundations are laid, its cornerstone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery, subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition.”

Read the part again that states, “Our new government is founded.” If you’re a Texas Republican, read it three times. If you’re Ted Cruz, have someone read it to you.

Despite the availability and access to the fact the Civil War was over slavery, a 2015 McClatchy-Marist poll said 42 percent of Americans say it wasn’t. And, 37 percent of Americans say slavery shouldn’t be taught in schools as the reason for the Civil War. So in addition to Holocaust denial in this nation, we have slavery denial and people want that shit taught. And how bad is Holocaust denial…or even ignorance?

In September, 2020, a study commissioned by Jewish Material Claims Against Germany, found that one in ten people under the age of 40 had never heard the word “Holocaust.” Oh, it gets worse. The study found that 63 percent didn’t know six million Jews were killed by the Nazis in the Holocaust. Over half the respondents thought the number Jews murdered was under two million. Over half also couldn’t name one concentration camp despite there being over 40,000 of them. I can’t name all 40,000, but I can name at least one.

The survey also found that seven percent don’t know if the Holocaust happened, three percent say it never happened, and 11 percent believe Jews caused the Holocaust.

This survey proves the Holocaust should be taught in schools and fourth grade is probably not too early. While we’re on the Holocaust, we do need to teach more about black history and systemic racism. If these kids and young adults are that ignorant of the Holocaust, then how ignorant are they on racism? Black kids will eventually learn about systemic racism as they experience it because it’s still here. White kids will have the privilege of never knowing if they don’t want to know.

The Holocaust isn’t ignored in schools in places like Qatar, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, and probably in Afghanistan, if the new Taliban government plans to have schools. They’re actively teaching Holocaust denial. Now, a school administrator in Texas is literally proposing that Holocaust denial be taught in her state. A Texas school administrator wants Texas to implement anti-Semitic curriculums. Texas has already approved books that label slaves as “immigrants” and “workers.” Maybe there’s one that’ll call them “prisoners with jobs.”

Texas quickly hit the brakes on the proposal to teach Holocaust denial, but for how long? Texas is already teaching ignorance in its schools. It also makes you wonder what’s being taught in Texas’ private schools. Did White Jesus fight at the Alamo? “Hand me another round of ammo, Santa. These Mexicans are really good at getting over this wall!”

Texas Republicans have been pushing extremism in their state. The governor has banned vaccine mandates. They’re anti-face masks. They’ve outlawed abortion. Eventually, they’ll probably bring back scarlet letters and force women to wear hijabs. Texas Republicans have earned the nickname “Texas Taliban.” And when you start teaching Holocaust denial, it’s not a nickname anymore.

You are the Texas Taliban.

Now, if we start rumors Holocaust denial is being taught in schools, like there are rumors Critical Race Theory is being taught even though it’s not, will parents start bum-rushing school board meetings demanding that they stop?

• Upvote 10

image.png.809140c3ed223968ab4ab8330d151613.png

"Flags Of My Terrorists"

This is the first cartoon I drew this morning.

I went to bed Thursday night with this idea and thinking about how I was going to pull it off. I woke up early with it still in my head and I settled on this layout. I was finishing it around 10:00 AM when I got the other idea. I sketched out the second idea twice, trying to decide if I should stick with the cartoon I had just finished or go with the new one, which would mean starting over and delivering later to my clients. I decided to go with the new one. This one was put on the shelf.

A couple hours later, Laura, one of my proofers, said she liked the one you see here better and I should go ahead and send out both. I don’t like doing that but I still liked this cartoon. I don’t like hitting the same subject twice in a row, and especially twice in one day. There are too many issues out there to be banging on the same one. I also feel like the cartoons kinda step on each other when you do them so close together. But, I broke my rule this one. I actually had some anxiety over it.

This one has done better on Facebook while the other is doing better with my clients. Maybe that’s another experiment to learn from. But, news outlets are very different from social media. I’ve discovered the more reactionary stuff does better on social media and the less-triggering does better with news outlets. For example: The cartoon that was featured in The Washington Post this week only got about 30 shares on Facebook.

So, which of the two do you like better? Don’t let the fact TikTok removed the video for this one hate speech influence your judgement.

• Upvote 5

image.png.b4627edddfb28af95339186ce5938b26.png

"The Youngkin Pledge"

The Republican candidate for Virginia’s governorship said it was “weird and wrong” for a bunch of his supporters to pledge allegiance with a flag supposedly from the January 6 white nationalist terrorist attack on our capitol building. Well, Glenn, they’re your people. They’re your supporters. They just also happen to support insurrection, overthrowing an election, installing a fascist dictator, white nationalism, terrorism, and killing cops. You wonder if this was one of the flags that was on a pole used to beat cops.

During a rally for Youngkin on Wednesday, which Youngkin said, “I wasn’t involved,” a bunch of his supporters pledged allegiance to a flag they claimed was at the January 6 insurrection to overthrow an election and install Donald Trump as a fascist dictator. Youngkin said, “we shouldn’t pledge allegiance to that flag. And oh by the way, I’ve been so clear, there is no place for violence — none, none — in America today.” Yeah, Glenn, except you’re a Republican.

The Republican Party is more of a cult now than an actual political party. Why, if they can’t win an election, they’ll try to overthrow the government. Today, they complain the election was corrupt and full of malfeasance, so the answer to that is to create more malfeasance by restricting voting by color.

The Republican Party has made Donald Trump a cult leader. And while Youngkin says he’s not into the violence or the election lie of the GOP, he’s more than happy to have the endorsement of the guy who instigated a white nationalist terrorist attack. The rally featuring the flag carried by terrorist also featured Steve Bannon, who the House wants to answer questions about the terrorist attack. This rally featured Amanda Chase, who was at the insurrection cheering it on. This rally featured a phone call from Donald Trump himself,

While accepting the endorsement of racist white nationalist Trump, Youngkin doesn’t want to be seen with the guy. But during the call to Youngkin’s rally, Trump said he was open to campaign for Youngkin. I hope he does.

Youngkin says he doesn’t endorse the violence of the January 6, but he sure does attract people who do. It’s like a candidate saying he’s not a racist while Nazis are voting for him.

• Upvote 6

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Sadly, we have to remember that when the Republicans talk about family values, their definition of family are white sis male and female. The female is a stay-at-home mom so in their mind parental leave is unnecessary because the mom stays home and takes care of the kids from birth and the father earns a paycheck. For those who don't have the image of these Republican "family values" that is, families without a male and a female, families that are not white, families that can't afford to have a mother staying home, they don't really count as families to Republicans so they don't need family leave either. If you happen to be one of the working females (oh the horror), you simply wait to have the baby until it's your break time or until you're home from work go in give birth and then either go back to work or report to work the next day.

As repulsive as all of these thoughts are, it's what I have concluded from observing the Republicans when they talk about family values.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I'm putting this cartoon of Tucker Carlson and Orange Florida Man under a spoiler even though that's not required in this forum. Be warned, you cannot unsee this one. (But it is SFW)

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9b106ad0a35c8f3dbde385c0901312cb.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8

6 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

the mom stays home and takes care of the kids from birth and the father earns a paycheck

Sufficient to support a family. Which I notice they also don't seem to be in favour of raising minimum wage which would allow that either.

• Upvote 9

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic